[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Sulthekk

WTF has happened to this thread and where did all the LAZY noobs came from?

Everywhere from this timeline XD And you can't do anything against them. Maybe create a buggy a update.zip which can't be installed, but advanced users fix it easily.

Guest GnobarEl

I installed this ROM today and for now I'm verry happy. Some minor bugs, plus the webcam as we know, but for now I think I can live with it.

Just clarify me something, will ZTE release an oficial version of ICS to our blades?

Thanks!

Guest HarryPirate

I´m using the 15/04 Build and I can connect to other devices via BT, and WI-FI Networks.

I'm using it too and I have the same model as you Sapo A5

Guest marek989

I installed this ROM today and for now I'm verry happy. Some minor bugs, plus the webcam as we know, but for now I think I can live with it.

Just clarify me something, will ZTE release an oficial version of ICS to our blades?

Thanks!

95% no

Youtube is a bit laggy and cera preview not working can i use some other app for camera that works ?? (like for youtube)

Camera is kernel issue, you cant do nothing with it. And for youtube, it uses HW video decode, but there still arent drivers for it. And HW acelerate doesnt mean hw decoding!

Guest raverrr

Please bear in mind this is a public forum. If you find yourself getting a bit frustrated> Take a break. Don't go all keyboard warrior ;)

Cleaning this thread up a bit....

Guest Sulthekk

Always 'I need this, I need that', but if you need it so much why don't you help you the devs fixing it instead of filling the thread? You can't? Then please don't send posts like that! If only the half of the useless posts would be removed then the thread would be at least 40% smaller!

Guest shmizan

you have to understand, people are being frustrated because they are not being updated on what's going on behind the scenes. tilal used to inform us he is trying to fix this or that and if he did even before uploading the new ROM. I'm not saying there's room for those comments (if they read the first page and 2-3 pages back they'll have their answer), but maybe they want someone to tell them it's "being worked on" or whatever

Guest blader95

I've just one great battry problem sometime it uses 54% n sometimes 34 % on standby....... waiting for better batry life in next release

Guest eirlysbill1

Keep the topic friendly please, recent insults have been removed.

Just an idea (I don't know it's possible or would even be acceptable)

What about altering the title of this thread to say: "Work on on this ROM has been temporarily suspended" (or something like that)?

Might cut down on the repetitive posts about camera preview and video/youtube issues, and new visitors to the thread would hopefully understand that there is no point in asking someone to fix these issues, because no one is working on it. (I believe that both Tilal and sej have stopped work on it, for the time being)

And doing this should cut down on the frustration issues too.

Might be a good idea until Tilal is back at it again?

All the best,

Bill

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest sej7278

Just an idea (I don't know it's possible or would even be acceptable)

What about altering the title of this thread to say: "Work on on this ROM has been temporarily suspended" (or something like that)?

i think we should lock the thread. its basically a dead project now. we should be moving to the almost-official cm9. if tilal re-opens it then he can make a new thread.

i'm disappointed with all the bitching that's been going on, doesn't exactly motivate you to develop or release stuff.

it is supposed to be for advanced users only, if you don't know how to TPT (or even fecking read the first page!) then you shouldn't be using it. maybe we should have only released fastboot images not flashable zips, to filter out the n00bs :P

Guest jojo7178

i think we should lock the thread. its basically a dead project now. we should be moving to the almost-official cm9. if tilal re-opens it then he can make a new thread.

i'm disappointed with all the bitching that's been going on, doesn't exactly motivate you to develop or release stuff.

it is supposed to be for advanced users only, if you don't know how to TPT (or even fecking read the first page!) then you shouldn't be using it. maybe we should have only released fastboot images not flashable zips, to filter out the n00bs :P

I can understand why people like you (devs) can be disappointed but I don't think it would be a good solution : n00bs are allowed to have such ROMs but they also have to learn and to search by themselves instead of waiting for other peolple to do all the work for them... I don't know if Tilal will come back and how dead is this project... so we should keep this thread alive... but if you have a link to the thread for the almost-official cm9, could yoiu give it to us ? At least, some people would bother another people...:)

Sorry for my english, I hope you can understand what i wrote...:(

Guest пенис

I can understand why people like you (devs) can be disappointed but I don't think it would be a good solution : n00bs are allowed to have such ROMs but they also have to learn and to search by themselves instead of waiting for other peolple to do all the work for them... I don't know if Tilal will come back and how dead is this project... so we should keep this thread alive... but if you have a link to the thread for the almost-official cm9, could yoiu give it to us ? At least, some people would bother another people...:)

Yöu mean noobs are fools and idiots. I agree to this. laugh.gif

Guest eirlysbill1

+1

Yeah, stating that a thread is for "advanced users only "seems to do nothing to stop everyone and his mom from having a go at it. It did keep me from trying though, as I fall into the noob category.

It is an ongoing issue, and I'm thinking it would be it would be great benefit to this forum if something was developed to eliminate the problem. Basically, it seems to me if you are going to be a dev on this forum you have to have a lot of patience and a thick skin. And that really shouldn't be.

Guest kjacek

i think we should lock the thread. its basically a dead project now. we should be moving to the almost-official cm9.

Only one question for clarify - what thread is related to ' the almost-official cm9'?

Guest eirlysbill1

no doubt there is a place for letting people learn stuff for themselves. But when a rom is in its early development, it must be extremely difficult for a dev to sort out the complex coding problems and at the same time have to teach loads of new people how to do the simple things. There should be a time given to the devs to work out most of the problems and then release their work to everyone else.

Also, the constant demands of all the newbie problems, and their rudeness, has caused a few devs to totally walk away from this forum.

Finally, closing this thread wouldn't mean the end of development on this rom. It could just be restarted when another dev or Tilal picks it up again. As long as there is a glimmer of hope, people will try to get ICS fully working on the blade.

We all got to start thinking more about the devs and their time, instead of what we want.

Guest skywave

So, if the devs fail to compile ICS ROM to ZTE Blade, we can wait and hope that ZTE releases an official ROM for our Blares.

Yeah but that will never ever happen. ZTE didn't even make Gingerbread and Froyo to work on ICS, they took the MSM7227 branch of CodeAurora (a project by Qualcomm for this purpose) and made it fit with the extra sensors they put on it. Codeaurora hasn't been working on ARMv6 support of CodeAurora.

Also in the eyes of ZTE the blade is outphased and replace by the new models shown at MWC.

Edited by skywave

Guest shmizan

Yeah but that will never ever happen. ZTE didn't even make Gingerbread and Froyo to work on ICS, they took the MSM7227 branch of CodeAurora (a project by Qualcomm for this purpose) and made it fit with the extra sensors they put on it. Codeaurora hasn't been working on ARMv6 support of CodeAurora.

Also in the eyes of ZTE the blade is outphased and replace by the new models shown at MWC.

I love your posts, always enlightening, you should post more often!

I don't think this should be closed because of people writing stupid comments.. there are stupid comments in CM7 thread too. the laziness cannot be cured but can be ignored. I think it should be closed only when it's pronounced dead by its creator, or temporarily locked while he's away.