[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Infernel

I got a problem with the battery life in 4/15, I have been using my phone for about 6 hours and it's at 15%. I've already calibrated it and it still is draining fast.

Guest eirlysbill1

I love your posts, always enlightening, you should post more often!

I don't think this should be closed because of people writing stupid comments.. there are stupid comments in CM7 thread too. the laziness cannot be cured but can be ignored. I think it should be closed only when it's pronounced dead by its creator, or temporarily locked while he's away.

good point about temp. lock. You're right it shouldn't be closed permanently unless the creator asks for it.

RE: laziness and stupid posts.

@ everyone

What about the forum incorporating something like role level security that's used for company databases. Something that's determined by the about of stars you have under your name might work? Make it "read only" so new people could watch and learn from the development (this is what I do anyway, cause I don't have the guts to try a new rom until it goes mainstream). Then once the creator/dev thinks its ready for release then everyone can have a crack at it and post questions as well. I have no idea if that's practical or even costly, but I think it could be a good solution.

ta

Guest Amphoras

good point about temp. lock. You're right it shouldn't be closed permanently unless the creator asks for it.

RE: laziness and stupid posts.

@ everyone

What about the forum incorporating something like role level security that's used for company databases. Something that's determined by the about of stars you have under your name might work? Make it "read only" so new people could watch and learn from the development (this is what I do anyway, cause I don't have the guts to try a new rom until it goes mainstream). Then once the creator/dev thinks its ready for release then everyone can have a crack at it and post questions as well. I have no idea if that's practical or even costly, but I think it could be a good solution.

ta

Something like that wouldn't necessarily work as expected. The stars only reflect how many posts you have, so someone new could just make a load of useless posts elsewhere just to be able to ask their question. Its not always new people who are asking the stupid questions either.

I think the problem is more with the people who have flashed a rom before than people who have never done so. If someone has never flashed a rom, they will look at the first post, see advanced users only and either pick another rom, or be more likely to read the instructions carefully. People who have flashed a rom before are more likely to ignore the advanced users only warning as they think "I've flashed a rom before, so that doesn't apply to me". They then try and flash the rom without reading any of the instructions, because they think "I've flashed a rom before, I know how to do that". They then end up with their phone not booting, or things missing because they haven't read the instructions, so they start complaining that it doesn't work instead of thinking it was something they didn't read. People who actually know what they are doing are more likely to have been following the thread, reading other posts, etc. They will understand that this rom needs more space, and will know where to find the things they need to be able to install it.

Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done to fix this. Whatever warnings or measures you take, there will always be some people who will ignore them. As the installation method for this rom is slightly different than normal, there will be even more people like this.

Guest markastor

Turn off UMTS (3G).

I got a problem with the battery life in 4/15, I have been using my phone for about 6 hours and it's at 15%. I've already calibrated it and it still is draining fast.

Yöu mean noobs are fools and idiots. I agree to this. laugh.gif

I don't know the supposed meaning of the term 'NOOB', may be it means 'newbie', I don't think every NOOB's an idiot, there are many impatient people but not everybody. There are people who want to learn, I'm damn sure nobody ....... NOOB or not can resist flashing an Ice Cream Sandwich ROM in ZTE BLADE no matter how big "ADVANCED USERS ONLY" label is. And It would be a good idea to label the Thread as 'TEMPORARILY DEVELOPMENT IS SUSPENDED'. In a public forum mass people come and post comments so the developers should not mind any irrelevant[ or harsh] comments in my humble opinion, think about international GAME developers...... rude people are never satisfied and keep trolling and spamming everywhere like the game specific forums, youtube channels, gamespot, IGN etc etc. The devs just don't care about all this whining as they know that if there work was good, then their followers or fans always support them smile.gif.

Edited by Zade

Guest jojo7178

I don't know the supposed meaning of the term 'NOOB', may be it means 'newbie', I don't think every NOOB's an idiot, there are many impatient people but not everybody. There are people who want to learn, I'm damn sure nobody ....... NOOB or not can resist flashing an Ice Cream Sandwich ROM in ZTE BLADE no matter how big "ADVANCED USERS ONLY" label is. And It would be a good idea to label the Thread as 'TEMPORARILY DEVELOPMENT IS SUSPENDED'. In a public forum mass people come and post comments so the developers should not mind any irrelevant[ or harsh] comments in my humble opinion, think about international GAME developers...... rude people are never satisfied and keep trolling and spamming everywhere like the game specific forums, youtube channels, gamespot, IGN etc etc. The devs just don't care about all this whining as they know that if there work was good, then there followers or fans always support them smile.gif.

I agree with the first part and, btw, i don't mean that every nobb is an idiot... You are right about game devs but they're paied for it. I'm a dev and i know how far customers can go... but they're customers, so you deal with it. Devs like Tilal or Sej7278 do it for free. At least, everybody should respect that... but you're right... you will ever find some trolls here and there...

Label the thread is a good idea. Maybe we won't have have request for dev until Tilal's return (if he comes back...) Btw, I hope everything go as well as possible for him.;)

Guest targetbsp

- And if you SIGN TO THIS PETITION to help the devs? CMON FOLKS! -

I think it was explained somewhere around here that it would be cost prohibitive to pay the licence fees considering ARMv6 is pretty much obsolete. Good luck though!

It's also not useful for everyone to fill this thread up with 'done'!!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest brookergray

- And if you SIGN TO THIS PETITION to help the devs? CMON FOLKS! -

Oh for God's sake do you even know what OpenMax is? It's not a codec, it's not related to the camera and it will not fix HQ video decoding. It's like a sugar high 6 year old wrote it. Chances of getting what you're asking for are slim but if you're not asking for the right thing...

And don't even get me started on grammar and spelling! This is supposed to be a official document not a transcript of a Facebook conversation. Petitions are serious business not something a 15 year old ESL student can half-ass together (no offense but you have no business writing one).

Edited by brookergray

Guest shmizan

brookergray you should make the initiative yourself, and put it on a normal petition website that doesn't require all those private details :)

and we also need to spread this all across XDA in armv6 devices' forums to get the serious amount of signatures we're aiming at

Guest Loren82

So no one can explain in a way that everyone understands what's up, why does not the preview of the chamber and the acceleration in HQ stutters.

Guest TEOKGaming

Okay, sorry to spam what is likely to be noob idiocy, but I'd really appreciate some help here.

I have installed gapps with Rom Manager, but still don't have quite a few Google applications. I have Talk and Gmail, but I don't have YouTube, nor, most importantly, Android Market (or "Google Play" as it's now called.) I have tried a few different versions of gapps. No dice.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

TEOK

Guest Amphoras

Okay, sorry to spam what is likely to be noob idiocy, but I'd really appreciate some help here.

I have installed gapps with Rom Manager, but still don't have quite a few Google applications. I have Talk and Gmail, but I don't have YouTube, nor, most importantly, Android Market (or "Google Play" as it's now called.) I have tried a few different versions of gapps. No dice.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

TEOK

Is your system partition big enough?

Guest matcho13579

How can I fix this?

Thanks

TEOK

your system partition is too small to install gapps

Guest TEOKGaming

It tells me what I need (185MB minimum system partition). It does not tell me how to get it. Would you be so kind as to do so? I would really appreciate it.

Guest jojo7178

In that case, how do I enlarge the system partition?

Again, sorry for noobness.

Thanks

TEOK

jeddy1 sent a link page 201. You should also read the thread called TPT Helper ;)