[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest marek989

Flashed this over 15/04 (no wipe). Now, Airplane mode is fixed but facing random reboots. Battery life becomes critically low which was 2-3 days on 15/04. Did you do some other changes too?

One more problem, call screen don't show the contact details (when call arrived, only number flashes on the screen)

This CFX or cm9? confused with the last line.

This build is cm9 and supposed to be for developers.

Guest targetbsp

CFX is a modified version of CM9. So the build is the current CM9 (with airplane mode fixed) and Tilals CFX changes merged into it.

I encountered no issues with reboots or battery life myself. Whilst I trashed my install due to a flat battery - I was well aware of how dangerously low it was for the task I was trying to carry out. :D

I can only suggest you consider my version as experimental. If you want to try it and it works then great. If it doesn't, or you want to play it safe, await Tilals next version.

This build is cm9 and supposed to be for developers.

No, that's ColdfusionX (even the package is named cfx-update-cm-9-20120422-NIGHTLY-blade-signed.zip), CM9 is build by sej (slower, dev only, with some more bugs), CFX by targetbsp (faster, only Camera, Native USB/WiFi tethering and Video Decoding is not working).

I still have to upgrade from 15/04 since i can't find any usb cable rolleyes.gif, i'll report any bugs later if they occurs.

Guest emc02

A dalvik cache wipe should be enough. I can't guarantee that it doesn't have the call problem Sej mentioned for CM9 though. I managed to lose my install during an unfortunately timed flat battery so I can't check it! I'm going to test that tomorrow.

I am getting bootloops when upgrading from 15/04 to your latest version with wipe dalvik and format system

but also got that with sejs 22/04

On first boot it goes till "optimizing apps" (creating dalvik I think) and during this it makes a reboot (warm reboot) and then bootloops

Guest targetbsp

I find ICS builds in general a bit prone to boot looping at random but wipe dalvik has always fixed it for me - but you tried that so I'm not sure...

Guest emc02

do I need a larger system partition size for your build? Because I am using 200MB with 15/04 and full gapps and it is enough...

Edited by emc02

Guest vasiloy

I didn't encountered any problems upgrading to your build (only wiped davik), had no reboots but it became kinda sluggish and messed up the sensors a bit. Anyway airplane mode is fixed and working as it should.

Guest emc02

I didn't encountered any problems upgrading to your build (only wiped davik), had no reboots but it became kinda sluggish and messed up the sensors a bit. Anyway airplane mode is fixed and working as it should.

which system partition size do you use and did you install full gapps?

Guest vasiloy

which system partition size do you use and did you install full gapps?

I use 160 Mb and minigapps. Haven't run out of space yet so as long as I can fit ics in 160 I will go with this setup as I have lots of apps.

Guest emc02

ok, it does not depend on the system partition size, because I've got the same bootloop with 150MB... maybe its related to softbuttons or a2s...

Guest targetbsp

These TPT queries are driving me crazy

is it not possible for everyone to use the standard 220mb gen2 partition structure

Not on a phone with internal storage as small as this, no. :) In an ideal world, they'd be in another thread though and this would be about the rom only.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest emc02

Not on a phone with internal storage as small as this, no. :) In an ideal world, they'd be in another thread though and this would be about the rom only.

thanks ;)

ok, your 22/04 ROM works, but only without the ics-softbuttons, but they are great... don't know why they are causing bootloops with your version, because with 15/04 they work well...

Guest erzketis

ok, it does not depend on the system partition size, because I've got the same bootloop with 150MB... maybe its related to softbuttons or a2s...

I think that's soft buttons what's causing your problem. I had the same. As soon as I install soft buttons it starts bootlooping.

The other problem I am fighting now is that CPU constantly runs at max frequency. Also when I hook the phone to the USB cable nothing happens. Doesn't even charge. This happens after full wipe and as soon as I install a2s scripts and gapps...

Guest emc02

... other problem I am fighting now is that CPU constantly runs at max frequency. Also when I hook the phone to the USB cable nothing happens. Doesn't even charge. This happens after full wipe and as soon as I install a2s scripts and gapps...

no, after reboot it works good on my blade

Guest emc02

And battery drain?

don't know, I am back to 15/04 because I like softbuttons ;)

battery drain is good in 15/04, about one to two days with my normal usage (data on, 2G; 3G only if needed) and no drain overnight (data off, 2G)

Guest emerald123

its CM9 not ColdFusionX, at the moment i wouldn't recommend switching to CM9 as:

1. ColdFusionX is faster for some reason yet to be discovered;
  2. proximity or something is knackered in CM9 as when you receive an incoming call the lockscreen doesn't display, just stays black, or at least it does in 23/24 builds, so i expect 22 too;
  3. the BladeParts app doesn't work at all in CM9 unlike ZteParts in ColdFusionX which works fine.

ok thanks cos i wasnt gonna use it anyway :)