[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest mitchde
Yes. Maybe today if I can manage.

Great + THANKs

PS: I seen that there is an new ICS gapps for download (gapps-ics-20120422) , we all use the 0317 i think- perhaps usefull to make an slim version ?

I have 220MB, so i can use that full gapps i think.

Guest targetbsp

Great + THANKs

PS: I seen that there is an new ICS gapps for download (gapps-ics-20120422) , we all use the 0317 i think- perhaps usefull to make an slim version ?

I have 220MB, so i can use that full gapps i think.

It's missing some vital files. The March one is better.

Guest mitchde

THANKS report that problem with 0422 of gapps ! i have no probs using 0317 ;)

I found some discuss about ISC + camera preview here:

Some other rom (for other device!! not blade rom!!, but same camera/ARM6) can be used to extract the camera.blade.so and use it with our (until new ROM soon) blade rom.

http://android.modac...x/page__st__200

I tried the steps and report.

i AM BACK - using that .so perview+camera WORKED using that new camera.blade.so with our CFX ROM (15.04 / 22.04) :)

Attached that .so , so you dont must dl that whole (non blade!) rom. Its simple zipped - NOT AN CWM .zip!.

Install it with rootexplorer in /system/lib/hw/ + set after that permission (like other .so) and owner (root:root)

EDIT: Some report that this lib may drain the battery - stay tuned.

post-894589-0-90114100-1335703116_thumb.

camera.blade.so.zip

Edited by mitchde

Guest trueno2k

It's missing some vital files. The March one is better.

Please explain!?... All I don't see in gapps 20120422 build is there is no gmail, which you can install from Google Play Store...

@Tital

How are u doing with your battery power situation?... Have you read my previous post HERE, just PM me you address and I'll post it you 2moro!...

Guest the_crevis

It seems to me that the new camera libs from the lg p500 that fixed preview are causing kernel wakelocks for me. I took my phone off charge once it had been fully charged, and just left it lying around for about 3 hours and 40 min and when I went back to it, the battery has gone from 100% to 14%!!! Better battery stats told me that I had two kernel wakelocks for over 3 hours, one was "adsp" and the other "msm_camera_wake". Is there any way of disabling these services and basically what the heck is wrong I've never had the battery discharge so fast?! :o

Guest jpdoliveira

It seems to me that the new camera libs from the lg p500 that fixed preview are causing kernel wakelocks for me. I took my phone off charge once it had been fully charged, and just left it lying around for about 3 hours and 40 min and when I went back to it, the battery has gone from 100% to 14%!!! Better battery stats told me that I had two kernel wakelocks for over 3 hours, one was "adsp" and the other "msm_camera_wake". Is there any way of disabling these services and basically what the heck is wrong I've never had the battery discharge so fast?! :o

it was happening the same to me. just fast drain of battery.

Guest mitchde

I will also have an eye on that battery / wakrloks with new camera.blade.so lib. But i have left only a few minutes.

Did you mean that the deep sleep of the kernel gets interupted often by that lib, or does it avoid deep sleep at all?

I will report also my cpu spy / battery stats after some hours.

Guest DMM88

it was happening the same to me. just fast drain of battery.

Same thing here. But camera doesn't work.

Went from 90% to 50% in 30 minutes after opening camera app.

Just restart the phone and don't open camera app until someone corrects the bugs... It's very unstable yet...

Edited by DMM88

Guest jpdoliveira

I will also have an eye on that battery / wakrloks with new camera.blade.so lib. But i have left only a few minutes.

Did you mean that the deep sleep of the kernel gets interupted often by that lib, or does it avoid deep sleep at all?

I will report also my cpu spy / battery stats after some hours.

i dont understand a bit of kernel and so. but i realized phone was getting very slow. oppening apps, drawer, trying to reboot gave me so many freezes. and when i was with USB it rebooted me sometimes.

Guest shezar

If you have problems with the "new" camera lib, just restore the original. Camera won't work but you won't have the battery drain caused by it...

For me it has no side effects, but I'm on burstlams rom now, it may be the reason. Anyway, using an other phone's hardware lib is risky to say the least and may be problematic since your phone may have different hardware.

Edited by shezar

Guest DMM88

If you have problems with the "new" camera lib, just restore the original. Camera won't work but you won't have the battery drain caused by it...

For me it has no side effects, but I'm on burstlams rom now, it may be the reason. Anyway, using an other phone's hardware lib is risky to say the least and may be problematic since your phone may have different hardware.

Anyone has the original?

Guest targetbsp

Please explain!?... All I don't see in gapps 20120422 build is there is no gmail, which you can install from Google Play Store...

I was going to update mini gapps when this new gapps first came out but then I saw it was missing vending! It seems they've simply renamed it though (to phonesky?!) so I will update mini gapps after all once we got a new CFX. :)

And as you noted, gmail. The only reason mini gapps includes gmail is someone had said it wasn't on the market. If it is, and I can exclude it, then I expect the next mini gapps will fit inside 160mb without needing to delete boot animation.

[edit]

Yes, it fits inside 160mb now. I also note that voice search is on the market for those complaining that it wasn't in mini gapps!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Hayden3430

Yeah the camera lib is causing battery drain

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

the battery drain doesn't seem to be apparent in burstlams akop

Guest misterc2k5

I have a blade and installed the camera lib. It will take one photo, but if I try to take another it seems to stop working after the auto focus part.

If you reboot the phone afterwards you can hear the phone 'click' as if it switching on/off, not the audio through speaker but the camera machinery? (not an expert). So I think the battery drain could be something to do with that, the hardware is still working even though you do not have the app open if that makes sense?

Edited by misterc2k5

Guest rabaip

Do we know what else tilal's upcoming update is meant to fix/change/add aside from the camera preview?

Edited by rabaip

Guest targetbsp

Do we know what else tilal's upcoming update is meant to fix/change/add aside from the camera preview?

Airplane mode has also been fixed in ICS.