[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest brookergray

anyway the petition is gonna make no difference

do u think they are just gonna release it...just becoz u filled some webpage!

Slacktivism at it's best. It's like changing your profile picture against SOPA.

Especially because the engineers that are reading it are laughing their assess off when they get to the "openmax codec" part. Codec. Right.

Edited by brookergray

Guest tdroza

Is anybody using Bluetooth audio with this ROM? I recently got a SonyEricsson MW600 bluetooth headphone adapter - the audio plays fine with this rom, and the prev/next buttons on the MW600 work correctly. However Play/Pause doesn't work, and it doesn't display the track titles. I'm using the CM9 Apollo beta music player, but have tried Songbird and Cubed.

I read a couple of forum posts (for other phones/ROMs) that suggest it's and issue with the verseion of the bluetooth stack in certain ROMs not supporting the correct AVRCP profile and that it works with CM7. Is anyone able to confirm this, or comment on whether the bluetooth drivers in CFX are up-to-date before I go and reflash CM7 to test myself?

Guest sej7278

Slacktivism at it's best. It's like changing your profile picture against SOPA.

Especially because the engineers that are reading it are laughing their assess off when they get to the "openmax codec" part. Codec. Right.

openmax IL is an API for connecting codecs or even cpu's, dsp's etc. (essentially encoders/decoders) to media frameworks - e.g. gstreamer on linux, stagefright on android. its not openmax that we need, as that's essentially just a free document, its the wrapper libraries (driver) that hooks into stagefright via openmax from the qualcomm hardware to provide hardware acceleration that we need, not a codec.

this "signed!" business is pointless and the petition is wrong, plus i can't see it happening, qualcomm would have spent a lot on development, and openmax is targeted at high-end snapdragons, they probably don't even have an implementation on arm6 (well maybe partially for raspberry pi - h264 only).

Edited by sej7278

Guest Nikola86BG

Just got simultaneous uninstallation of most of my apps... Link2SD reports that the system doesn't support EXT3 and to try FAT32 for some weird reason... So, waiting for the new update eagerly.

Guest skywave

openmax IL is an API for connecting codecs or even cpu's, dsp's etc. (essentially encoders/decoders) to media frameworks - e.g. gstreamer on linux, stagefright on android. its not openmax that we need, as that's essentially just a free document, its the wrapper libraries (driver) that hooks into stagefright via openmax from the qualcomm hardware to provide hardware acceleration that we need, not a codec.

this "signed!" business is pointless and the petition is wrong, plus i can't see it happening, qualcomm would have spent a lot on development, and openmax is targeted at high-end snapdragons, they probably don't even have an implementation on arm6 (well maybe partially for raspberry pi - h264 only).

Yep and the Raspberry-Pi has a broadcom SoC btw. Something else is noteworth from the Raspberry-PI, the thing only supports a few of the possible HW decodeable formats by the SoC. Reason? Money, you have to pay a license fee per format supported.

The MSM7227 is special because its the only non-spadragon with Adreno200 making it ICS compatible. Theres even a possiblity this thing isnt even capable of running openmax. And for the releasing part, it isnt available for the HTC sensation too, so chances are very very slim to ever see ICS running like it should.

Edited by skywave

Guest sej7278

Yep and the Raspberry-Pi has a broadcom SoC btw. Something else is noteworth from the Raspberry-PI, the thing only supports a few of the possible HW decodeable formats by the SoC. Reason? Money, you have to pay a license fee per format supported.

The MSM7227 is special because its the only non-spadragon with Adreno200 making it ICS compatible. Theres even a possiblity this thing isnt even capable of running openmax. And for the releasing part, it isnt available for the HTC sensation too, so chances are very very slim to ever see ICS running like it should.

yup, that's exactly why raspberry-pi only supports certain 1080p h264 profiles and uses software rendering for the rest - licensing costs.

if we can get the camera preview and black screen issues sorted properly, then ics is good enough to be useful, but without that its looking like going back to cm7 is the only way to get a fully-functional msm7227 phone - hell even zte/huawei/htc seem to realise that as all their arm6 phones are running gingerbread (even the yet-to-be-released models are 2.3.6!)

Does radio need openMax?

No, radio needs somebody to give a damn lol. it basically just hasn't been ported from cm7 yet, as nobody cares, probably won't make it until at least cm9.1

Edited by sej7278

Guest Revenge

So why we can watch HQ videos with no lag in Gingerbread, and not in ICS?

Edited by Revenge

Guest James Norny

I'm sorry, maybe this isn't the place for this, but i really need to ask you something. Is there any app that can make the blade screen brighter than usual. I have had an app in my computer and it made my screen brighter. Now i'm looking for this kind of an app for android. I'm ready to give the quality of the screen for a little more brightness. THANK YOU!

Edited by James Norny

Guest brookergray

So why we can watch HQ videos with no lag in Gingerbread, and not in ICS?

Because we need OMX and the compatible hardware decoder libraries (the codecs if you will) compiled for our platform against ICS. This is not happening.

Guest Щачло карпа

Because we need OMX and the compatible hardware decoder libraries (the codecs if you will) compiled for our platform against ICS. This is not happening.

So no ICS? maybe it's time for an upgrade to a device with ICS stock

Guest DMM88

Thats the funniest question ever asked!

LOL

ROFL

Your post is the funniest ever...

Wikipedia says:

OpenMAX AL features include:

• Video playback and recording
  • Audio playback and recording
  • Image capture (camera) and display
  • Camera controls
  • Radio and RDS
  • Basic MIDI playback
  • Metadata extraction and insertion

Guest targetbsp

Thats the funniest question ever asked!

LOL

ROFL

Considering no-one (except maybe Brookergray :) ) seems to know quite what OpenMax is I don't think it's a daft question?

Sej's post is right though. It seems no-one with the skills to make it work listens to FM radio so no-one is trying to make it work. We have these things called MP3's now. :D

Guest tilal6991

Interesting but untested new build coming today or tomorrow - blade still broken.

Aokp make way for the customizable cm9. May also release an aokp build though.

Guest DMM88

Interesting but untested new build coming today or tomorrow - blade still broken.

Thanks!!!

May I know what changes are you planing to do?

Guest Witcher_Kh

It's a secret. However one thing is for sure- it'll be good...

No sleep tonight. Waiting... 90% complete...

Guest tilal6991

One thing I can say is that if the build is not up by 10 pm British time then it wont be up today. May save people some waiting.

Guest sej7278

what do you think of aokp - doesn't seem to be much documentation/forum/git activity going on, but if cyanogenmod won't let us go official due to lack of openmax, i'm starting to think "screw them".

plus cm9 is going back to basics regarding settings, whereas aokp is all about the extra settings.