[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest marek989
Since 14/04 build I can't OC my Blade without issues. Even at 614MHz I'm getting reboots, freezes, overall instability. At standard clocking it's smooth as silk ;P

Currently using 02/05 build and I've noticed that I can shot only one picture. After that camera interface does not respond or just can't open it (FC) :D Need reboot to work but only for one picture :D

Ics have different OC. And its smooth on standard clocking, because ICS uses GPU for UI, not CPU like gingerbread.

Guest MidaMilunk

testing Sej's latest build...

Overall very good, Very smooth, really feels smother than any GB!

But...

Auto brightness reports -1/-1, while a-b works, and GPS tools f.e. shows the correct light values as well. I have calibrated...

Blank screen on calls.

For the first time camera FCed if I overclocked. Set back to 604Mhz, camera OK, after OCing to 691 as usuall, camera still works.

Some apps start very slow... unfortunately dialer is one of them. Having an unanswered call, open notification (very fast), click on the call, and it takes 6-7 seconds more while dialer opens the call log! Unusable!

Rather often the actual app (mostly the launcher) feels me swipeing while I just touch (click) it can be really difficult to touch "the proper way". Never have this problem with GB/Froyo version

Guest LionGreen

I install the latest build (02/05/2012) but unfortunatelly my screen stays black when receiving a call...that not happen with 14/04/2012 build...

The camera works fine and I have no battery drain so far.

My flashing steps...maybe I have doing something wrong...

I try even to restore proximity defaults and calibrate the sensor and didn't work.

1) Wipe Dalvik Cache

2) Flash the 02/05/2012 build

3) Flash the April22 Airplainmode fix

My only issue is really the black screen when someone calls me :(

Edited by LionGreen

Guest DMM88

Huge battery drain.

CPU spy says no deep sleep at all. !!!!!

Do what LionGreen says above your post.

That should fix the battery drain

Guest 陰莖:)

Do what LionGreen says above your post.

That should fix the battery drain

Thank You,

So, Flash the April22 Airplainmode fix should help.

I'll try that.

Airplanemode worked before flashing the 2012Apr22-Blade-ICS2-Airplanemodefix.zip, but the fix helped

for the huge battery drain. Now I find the sleep deep in the CPU spy.

This fix also seemed to fix the camera problem.

All fine now. Have to test more.

Guest Bonell

Black screen workaround!

Enable auto brightness, oc to 710 on demand, your screen will turn on, on touch when receiving a call.. Cheers

edit: Sometimes it works.. sometimes it doesnt... :(

Edited by Bonell

Guest Vujke

I've been using CFX (14/4 build) for a while now, and I can share a few impressions. Firstly, kudos to tilal for the great work. Secondly, up to 14/4 build, if a you stick to the letter to installation instructions - everything should work as expected, no surprises...at least for European Blade.

Rom is smooth as silk, very snappy, and the touchscreen response is better than ever. Day to day usability is great, and Rom is mature enough to be used as a daily. That being said, I really miss HQ Youtube, as it made the most of WVGA screen...but I understand that HW decoding won't be an easy issue to fix. As for the camera preview, I can live without for now, and I will wait for a tried, tested and stable solution with no downsides, embedded into the Rom by tilal.

There's one more thing...Viber app just keeps logging out, with a message "You need to reactivate Viber in order to use 2.1 version" (or something like that) popping out, and I cannot see any pattern to it...just pops out randomly. Then I have to reactivate to be able to use it again, and moreover, my contacts can rarely call me, I am as good as being "offline". However, this is a minor issue. Also, Viber and Facebook can no longer be synced with the contacts, but I'm guessing it's a native ICS issue...

Anyway, tilal, keep up the good work, and thanks - I guess I'm speaking for the army of grateful! :)

Edited by Vujke

Guest ropin

can anyone post a link for the following

2012Apr22-Blade-ICS2-Airplanemodefix.zip

02/05/2012 build

i really want to try this rom but i cant find those two files.

thanks if anyone can help me :)

Guest LionGreen

I've been using CFX (14/4 build) for a while now, and I can share a few impressions. Firstly, kudos to tilal for the great work. Secondly, up to 14/4 build, if a you stick to the letter to installation instructions - everything should work as expected, no surprises...at least for European Blade.

Rom is smooth as silk, very snappy, and the touchscreen response is better than ever. Day to day usability is great, and Rom is mature enough to be used as a daily. That being said, I really miss HQ Youtube, as it made the most of WVGA screen...but I understand that HW decoding won't be an easy issue to fix. As for the camera preview, I can live without for now, and I will wait for a tried, tested and stable solution with no downsides, embedded into the Rom by tilal.

There's one more thing...Viber app just keeps logging out, with a message "You need to reactivate Viber in order to use 2.1 version" (or something like that) popping out, and I cannot see any pattern to it...just pops out randomly. Then I have to reactivate to be able to use it again, and moreover, my contacts can rarely call me, I am as good as being "offline". However, this is a minor issue. Also, Viber and Facebook can no longer be synced with the contacts, but I'm guessing it's a native ICS issue...

Anyway, tilal, keep up the good work, and thanks - I guess I'm speaking for the army of grateful! :)

I guess I'll be back to 14/04 build...for my daily use it's more than enough :) and don't give me the black screen.

Can not use the phone. When incoming call screen black and can't answer.

All incoming calls are missed. Only outgoing calls sucseed.

No use the phone.

Edited by 陰莖:)

Guest Red Beaver

My phone wont charge!! Is there any fix for this? Using the 2/5 release.

Seriously, someone gotta have the same problem?

Guest Bonell

Tis rom bad go back to CM7 table.

You can turn the screen on by pressing the power button, then you can answer your calls..

Guest tilal6991

There's a reason why I've been posting new builds rather than updating the first post:

1. My Blade is still broken

2. The camera drivers are unstable.

So the builds are meant to unstable - the last really stable one is on the first post.

Guest abhivsm94

i cant even boot into it.....

it seems that its got stucked inbootloader itself.....

pls provid any soln...

Guest abhivsm94

seems my ram is only 256 ........

is this a reason for boot failure (always getting stuck in bootloader)????????????

Edited by abhivsm94

Guest DMM88

I'm trying to TPT my phone again to use less system space but it's not working.

I put the image directory on the sdcard and pressed volume+ + power and the phone doesnt do nothing stays on the boot screen.

Anyone knows what is happening?

Guest abhivsm94

seems my ram is only 256 ........

is this a reason for boot failure (always getting stuck in bootloader)????????????

help me please ............. :o

Guest sandeepkhh

Thanks!

Finally worked!

I guess rules changed!

can you mail me the tpt? As m unable to find suitable tpt for Gen 2 blade aka dell xcd35