[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest the Mitu

Well, it seems I've forgotten to format /system. After doing it and trying again it is fast (only initial setup is pretty slow). However:

- No charging

- No reaction when connected to the computer via USB

- Either it won't restore my contacts or it'll take very long time

- CM9 Music (installed manually) tells me there is sth wrong with my SD card. It might be its own error, but on tommi's alfa 5 it worked.

Will wait for the next build.

P.S. Tilal, could you release a bit more comlete GApps bundle? Or two options to choose from?

Edited by the Mitu

Guest fripp ad

Have a 220 partition. Followed installation steps on first page except step 6 where I installed 20120215 gapps instead (from http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics-20120215-signed.zip) and everything (incl. contact sync, usb) works great! Almost as snappy as tilal's first version. I didn't even have to use nova launcher this time.

Great job tilal!

Guest Andymac1969

How long does this take to first boot? Mine has taken about 25 minutes so far, just the swirly image at the moment, I know my Skate took about 3 minutes

Any ideas

Andrew

Guest tilal6991

How long does this take to first boot? Mine has taken about 25 minutes so far, just the swirly image at the moment, I know my Skate took about 3 minutes

Any ideas

Andrew

Shouldn't take 25 minutes for sure. Are your partition sizes correct?

Guest Andymac1969

Shouldn't take 25 minutes for sure. Are your partition sizes correct?

It's a GEN 2 blade, so I thought it would have the 200MB plus system already, will pull the battery and try again but check the sizes first

Thanks

Andrew

Guest DoubleM101

Well.. After few time testing, problems i´ve detected:

- It freezes a lot.. and then reboot.. I can´t find a pattern.. Sometimes it happens on doing something, others times, on another things.. For example, first time i´ve conected it to the PC when i activate the USB Mass storage, it frozen and rebooted.. Second time it went ok..

- Camera preview doesn´t work even with other software like LG Camera

- Gallery don´t work

- Calculator not working

- Themes not working

- I haven´t tried to much web surf but when i´ve tried, the webpages rendering were slow and then frozen and reboot

- Auto-Brightness sensor not working

- Physical buttons, sometimes have light, other times, not..

Tital, please don´t read this has a negative feedback.. but like a post to be possible to improve the rom.. Congratulations for your excelent work wink.gif

Guest markastor

It's the same for me too. Lots of freezes.

- It freezes a lot.. and then reboot.. I can´t find a pattern.. Sometimes it happens on doing something, others times, on another things.. For example, first time i´ve conected it to the PC when i activate the USB Mass storage, it frozen and rebooted.. Second time it went ok..

- Gallery don´t work

- Calculator not working

- Themes not working

- I haven´t tried to much web surf but when i´ve tried, the webpages rendering were slow and then frozen and reboot

Tital, please don´t read this has a negative feedback.. but like a post to be possible to improve the rom.. Congratulations for your excelent work wink.gif

Edited by markastor

- Gallery don´t work

- Calculator not working

- Themes not working

I can add same experance...and also, VERY IMPORTANT...Tital, dont take this negative..We all understand what hard work it is behind what you give and appreaciate it very, very much

Guest epyloxias

- Gallery don´t work

- Calculator not working

- Themes not working

same things on my blade too.

Guest tilal6991

The thing is none of those problems appeared on my phone - especially this reboots business. It's really frustrating thinking that you're putting out a good build and everyone reporting that it reboots.

Guest saransh9

The thing is none of those problems appeared on my phone - especially this reboots business. It's really frustrating thinking that you're putting out a good build and everyone reporting that it reboots.

Me it rebooted just twice in 9 hours and even that 2 reboots were in the first hour

Any ideas

Andrew

You need to increase the partition size.

Guest fox2000

maybe it could be somewhat hardware-related... which version of Blade have you got? Because with other ROMs also happens that some users experience problems while other users don't...

Guest targetbsp

my market is downloading VERY SLOW ?!

any ideas why ?

I have this problem.

But I am using a 160mb system by deleting the videos. It did seem to fit and generally work providing I added gapps AFTER first booting the OS rather than in the same CWM session as flashing the OS.

Guest tilal6991

maybe it could be somewhat hardware-related... which version of Blade have you got? Because with other ROMs also happens that some users experience problems while other users don't...

An OSF from Orange - Eclair 2.1 with Gen 1. Upgraded to Gen2.

Guest Amelo007

The best thing would be if I could ship you my sh**ty blade, so you could test on that one;)

Guest fox2000

An OSF from Orange - Eclair 2.1 with Gen 1. Upgraded to Gen2.

I have the same as yours... maybe this evening I'll give it a try and report back to you.

I have a different partition layout: in case I'll have to fall back to my current Gingerbread ROM, do you know if Nandroid restore will restore my current partition layout? Will I have to TPT back to the current layout prior restoring? Thank you :)

Guest epyloxias

Perhaps you should post a detailed step by step guide (including partitions etc) on how to install ICS (CM9) ColdFusion according to your actions. So we could get a clearer picture of the installation.

Not meaning to offend you (you did and still are doing GREAT JOB here).

I have the same as yours... maybe this evening I'll give it a try and report back to you.

I have a different partition layout: in case I'll have to fall back to my current Gingerbread ROM, do you know if Nandroid restore will restore my current partition layout? Will I have to TPT back to the current layout prior restoring? Thank you :)

Having the same Orange SF Gen1 with my own TPT (cache 2mb, System 180mb), pretty stable and fast, only one reboot when usb cable was attached, one problem for me is the proximity sensor is not working, is it possible to calibrate it from this build ?

Cal. with system code: *983*0# is only working from Zte dialer :angry:

Guest tilal6991

OK. Here's the rough beginnings of a guide - I'll start it here and put it up on the first post once all the issues with it are resolved.

HOW TO FLASH ICS:

• First you'll need to TPT your phone to a layout that gives you atleast 185 MB space - 200 is preferable. You can get TPTs and instructions on how to flash them here
  • Second: you should get the GAPPs and ROM and put them on your SD card
  • Now FORMAT SYSTEM <- VERY IMPORTANT
  • Then flash the ROM
  • After this wipe data
  • Then reboot out of recovery and let it boot into the ROM
  • After you let it sit on the launcher for ~ 5 minutes then reboot into recovery again
  • Now flash the GAPPs zip
  • And reboot out of recovery
  • In the ROM you should now be presented with the Setup Wizard
  • Go through the instructions and then let it sit on launcher for another 5 minutes to stabilise.
  • If you still have problems post on the thread.