[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest DMM88

Thanks for the update tital!!

But I hate this new icons...

They would be good for a kid phone...

Anyone know how can i change them?

Problem with closing apps animation is fixed.

Edited by DMM88

Guest k0nrad

Oh good!

CM9 reverted the notification area widget icons to 'vanilla' ICS style icons... I hated the look of them in previous build - Mobile Data icon was straight Tumblr 'reblog' icon, a disaster...

But I see they changed lots of Settings menu icons too - unfortunately putting the ugly-as-sin new mascot Cid in place of Andy :/

Guest andynzor

Whoops. Installed 2012-05-15 after using 2012-05-02 for a few days and for the first time the newer ROM actually is worse than before. Followed the instructions in the first post, like always.

What doesn't work:

- Hitting the camera shutter has no effect or it crashes the camera. Preview works fine. Barcode Scanner and Goggles cannot focus the camera and thus they're unable to recognize barcodes and 2d codes. 5MP model.

- Cannot log into Latitude nor Google+

Guest skywave

Im afraid this one will have MSM7225A, which is ARMv7, unlikely MSM7225 is ARMv6. We can only hope, that any qcom ARMv6 based phone with ICS come out. Maybe Sony Tapioka, well see.

There will not be a MSM7227 ICS update ever on any device. There is no CAF release for it, nor work to get to that phase. Nor is there demand, they want to push the GPIO pin compatible MSM7227A which is a snapdragon.

Guest jeddy1

Whoops. Installed 2012-05-15 after using 2012-05-02 for a few days and for the first time the newer ROM actually is worse than before. Followed the instructions in the first post, like always.

What doesn't work:

- Hitting the camera shutter has no effect or it crashes the camera. Preview works fine. Barcode Scanner and Goggles cannot focus the camera and thus they're unable to recognize barcodes and 2d codes. 5MP model.

- Cannot log into Latitude nor Google+

did u change ur camera' settings from 5mp-->3mp??

Edited by jeddy1

Guest jeddy1

btw i wonder :) why i cant find the settings for the softkeys buttons :)??tilal said they are included or not ?

or should i flash the softbuttons.zip?

Guest targetbsp

yes. Specifically you are missing the file 'gtalk' :D It's never been in mini gapps and no one has mentioned it until now so I assumed no-one used it. the app is not on the market - it can only be installed via gapps. So your best bet is to use full gapps or at least grab the file from full gapps and stick it in mini gapps.

mini gapps with google talk added: http://www.mediafire.com/?w9fp856ybc3fqy8

Edited by targetbsp

Guest matt4321

Im afraid this one will have MSM7225A, which is ARMv7, unlikely MSM7225 is ARMv6. We can only hope, that any qcom ARMv6 based phone with ICS come out. Maybe Sony Tapioka, well see.

It's pretty certain that we will never see any new devices come out that are ARMv6 with ICS so we won't be able to nick the codecs from there, it is also pretty certain that qualcomm will never release them either, you need to remember that they are a business and from a money making point of view it just isn't worth there time and effort. We can only hope that some devs find some hacks/ways around it that will help, but even still that'll be extremely hard. They've done an awesome job so far though! great effort to everyone involved in making this ROM what it is

Guest marek989
Why is it impossible to make YouTube HQ working? That's because of missing Qualcomm drivers (hardware acceler.), am I right? Or because of something else?

What I already know - YouTube HQ and FM radio is working under Cyanogen Mod 7 without any problems (Android 2.3.7).

Why not under Android 4.0.4?

Is there any way how to get fixed at least YouTube HQ? I can live without FM radio. It's not important to me.

Anyway, good job guys! It was a great step forward today. Incredible. Thank you!

Please, get fixed YouTube HQ!!! Last thing that a lot of people needs. After that veryone can say: "It's complete and fully usable for me."

2.3 is make for armv7 And v6, but ICS NOT.... thats why we need drivers.

Guest vasiloy

It's pretty certain that we will never see any new devices come out that are ARMv6 with ICS so we won't be able to nick the codecs from there, it is also pretty certain that qualcomm will never release them either, you need to remember that they are a business and from a money making point of view it just isn't worth there time and effort. We can only hope that some devs find some hacks/ways around it that will help, but even still that'll be extremely hard. They've done an awesome job so far though! great effort to everyone involved in making this ROM what it is

Sony Tapioca is said to have an armv6 running ics. We will have to wait for it's release (~Q3 of 2012) and see if the rumours are true or not and if it will be of any use. As for the Desire C, I believe it will be announced tomorrow (not sure but they're preparing something for 10:08) and we'll see the specs, although I doubt it will have and armv6.

Edited by vasiloy

Guest ziyan

Is native bluetooth tethering working for anyone? I've just tried it with my iPod touch 4g: it paired fine, but when I try to connect to the Blade, it says "device not found - make sure bluetooth is turned on and set to visible", but I already set the Blade to be "always visible" :mellow:

Edited by ziyan

Guest matt4321

Sony Tapioca is said to have an armv6 running ics. We will have to wait for it's release (~Q3 of 2012) and see if the rumours are true or not and if it will be of any use. As for the Desire C, I believe it will be announced tomorrow (not sure but they're preparing something for 10:08) and we'll see the specs, although I doubt it will have and armv6.

Not feeling confident, ARMv6 is really getting old now and can it really be capable of supporting a fully working official ICS ROM, not sure...

Guest karololszak

I found this petition on XDA about releasing OpenMax codecs for ARMv6 - the more people sign it, the bigger the chance of getting HQ YouTube and other HW-decoding-related stuff on our Blades / X8s / P500s and all the other ARMv6 devices! :)

Edited by karololszak

Guest vasiloy

Not feeling confident, ARMv6 is really getting old now and can it really be capable of supporting a fully working official ICS ROM, not sure...

I did say those are rumours and I don't see any problems in running ics on armv6. We'll see after it gets released what;s true and possible and what;s not.

Guest vasiloy

I found this petition on XDA about releasing OpenMax codecs for ARMv6 - the more people sign it, the bigger the chance of getting HQ YouTube and other HW-decoding-related stuff on our Blades / X8s / P500s and all the other ARMv6 devices! :)

"We want the OpenMax Codecs for Arm V6!" Really? That's the way to write a petition?

Anyway, the chance that they will release the codecs is extremely low but best of luck with that. I somehow...do hope it gets some results.

Guest heroutm

Yeah. About that petition.. I'm in.

One more thing. I tried to mail Khronos Group, which make OpenMax AL and other drivers.

I got this response:

Hi,

The Khronos Group creates the open standards such as OpenMAX AL and OpenSL ES. We are not the ones that implement them on various devices. As Android is a Google product, you would need to contact Google for assistance on this matter.

James Riordon

Khronos Group Webmaster

http://www.Khronos.org | http://www.opengl.org | http://www.collada.org

This confidential message is sent exclusively to the persons named above. If you received this message by mistake, please notify us immediately and delete all copies.

On 2012-05-15, at 3:47 PM, Michal Herout wrote:

Greetings,

I just signed the following petition addressed to: OpenMax.

http://www.change.org/petitions/arm-release-openmax-codecs-for-arm-v6

----------------

Release OpenMax codecs for arm v6!

We want the OpenMax Codecs for Arm V6!

With this codecs, on the ICS ROMS for our devices, we will finally can have a decent camera on our smartphone, we will can use the Panomaric Mode, HQ on Youtube, HW acceleration mode for the videos, and much more!

----------------

I hope you will bring great news and great changes to us.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Michal Herout

Jilemnického 1152

293 01 Mladá Boleslav

Czech Republic

Guest skywave

Regarding OpenMAX i made a lengthy post http://www.modaco.co...e/#entry1952640 in short, we already have openmax drivers as there was openmax in Gingerbread. But there are incompatible with ICS.

To ever get the QDSP5 OpenMAX driver working on ICS/armv6 need Qualcomm to give a compiled version on ARMv6.

They did release the source for the other HW decoding (userspace) drivers, so there is very likely a problem with intellectual property releasing the source code. Its very well possible this also applies to compiled binaries :|.

And for that Sony device, it really is the MSM7227A.

Edited by skywave

Guest Bergkees

S2E 2.1.0 should work natively on CFX now (the only problem was the missing /sd-ext mount point causing mount to fail, I told Oleg about this).

Hi Alex131089,

The latest update of S2E (where the author mentions you and the mount point) breaks compatibility in my case.

Tried -from a working setup- to update to the latest version of S2E (using play-store) for a few times now (with both 10-5 and 15-5 CFX roms), but everytime I reboot after that upgrade I lose all that apps the were on the sd-ext partition.

For now I have reverted back to the previous version of S2E, but do you have any idea what can be causing this?

Edited by Bergkees