[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest rabaip

Guys, I have a pretty big problem, please someone help. I've been using the 15/05 release with no problems so far with S2E. Even app data was on sd-ext, I had more than 100 M on internal free. Then today, I rebooted my phone after installing a theme and when it came back on, s2e simply didnt work anymore. None of my apps that were on the sd-ext appear. I tried to reflash the rom then the s2e patch and wipe dalvik cache but no luck. Any suggestions aside from a full wipe? anyone? Please.

Edited by rabaip

Guest Sisal

Guys, I have a pretty big problem, please someone help. I've been using the 15/05 release with no problems so far with S2E. Then today, I rebooted my phone after installing a theme and when it came back on, s2e simply didnt work anymore. None of my apps that were on the sd-ext appear. I tried to reflash the rom then the s2e patch and wipe dalvik cache but no luck. Any suggestions aside from a full wipe? anyone? Please.

Version of s2e? mine is 1.2.0 and is working fine.

Guest rabaip

Version of s2e? mine is 1.2.0 and is working fine.

I guess taht's the problem. I remember I let the play store update it earlier today. It was stupid. Any way I can get 1.2.0 back?

Guest bollix

I have huge battery drain all the time...:( i unplug my phone from charge at 7am and at 1pm i have only 20% left, but i have my mobile data enable and writing few SMS...

Guest Sisal

I have huge battery drain all the time... :( i unplug my phone from charge at 7am and at 1pm i have only 20% left, but i have my mobile data enable and writing few SMS...

I also have battery drain all the time.. so trying to turn it off sometimes. :(

Guest bdk9001

I also have battery drain all the time.. so trying to turn it off sometimes. :(

Same here, with 15-05 my overnight battery drain went up from 2% in 8 hrs to 8% in 8 hrs (with 0 usage)

Edited by bdk9001

Guest M&Ms

I had a battery drain as well. I used CPU Spy to check and in 95% of the time the phone was on 128MHz and not in deep sleep. Tryed to see which service/app was keeping the phone awake and just realise that this problem only occurs with 2G only network, If I keep 2G/3G, everything works properly :)

Guest droidolution

Have anybody faced bootloops while restarting. Im facing it all the time and have to wipe cache and dalvik cache thru recovery to boot in.

Edit: I received a call while it was boot looping and after some time the call screen appared. then the phone booted in. But ifi restart again its the same bootloop again. Any solution?

Edited by droidolution

Guest Sparrow1

For all of you that experienced problems after recent S2E update from Play Store-update your S2E script-after flashing ROM but before reboot flash S2E zip - working one could be found here. (Thanks XeS0r!)

If you have your apps back then you are done. Update S2E from Play Store, run apk and reboot to verify that everything still works.

I didn't have much success with this, because I lost my apps before flashing newer S2E zip ... But if you have recent nandroid backup, then not everything is lost. First be sure to enable Applications move to sd-ext in S2E app and after that reboot into recover,y go into Backup & Restore, choose Advanced Restore and Restore sd-ext.

If you have luck then after reboot you would have your apps back, of course only the ones that were in nandroid backup. Still better that manually reinstalling them from Play Store or Titanium Backup.

Guest szafir51

tilal6991

can we do something to improve video recording quality? In file /system/etc/media_profiles.xml we have

<Video codec="h263" bitRate="3000000" width="640" height="480" frameRate="15" />

15 fps is a little bit low for.

Also, default ICS media player in CFX cannot handle to play videos recorded with h263 codec, but it can play well videos in m4v codec (with I recorded using CM7.1).

Edited by szafir51

Guest gunapriyan

Dear Friends,

I have faced one important problem.

Actually when i attend my call, after attending ringtone came. And I am unable attend the call. Sometimes call was disconnected. How to fix it?

Guest sdevang01

Same here, with 15-05 my overnight battery drain went up from 2% in 8 hrs to 8% in 8 hrs (with 0 usage)

I am now using Battery defender and that has helped a lot.

Guest d_borghi

any fix for my bluetooth? nobody has the same problem???

now works!!!

i've restored nandroid backup and magically bluetooth works fine! and camera is sufficiently smooth (but there are like interferences).

now i will try thid rom finally

tnx all

bye

db

Guest DMM88

I had a battery drain as well. I used CPU Spy to check and in 95% of the time the phone was on 128MHz and not in deep sleep. Tryed to see which service/app was keeping the phone awake and just realise that this problem only occurs with 2G only network, If I keep 2G/3G, everything works properly :)

I think that happens on virtual operators.

Guest droidolution

Dear Friends,

I have faced one important problem.

Actually when i attend my call, after attending ringtone came. And I am unable attend the call. Sometimes call was disconnected. How to fix it?

cant get what u mean to say... u mean to say that the touch is unresponsive?

Guest targetbsp

I can confirm that. If you enable 2G mode then it won't sleep again until you reboot. Even putting it back to 3g mode doesn't help without rebooting.

Thank you for saving my sanity in working out why my phone sleeps sometimes and not others. It appears it was based on whether I remembered to change to 2G or not. :D

Guest XeS0r

For all of you that experienced problems after recent S2E update from Play Store-update your S2E script-after flashing ROM but before reboot flash S2E zip - working one could be found here. (Thanks XeS0r!)

If you have your apps back then you are done. Update S2E from Play Store, run apk and reboot to verify that everything still works.

I didn't have much success with this, because I lost my apps before flashing newer S2E zip ... But if you have recent nandroid backup, then not everything is lost. First be sure to enable Applications move to sd-ext in S2E app and after that reboot into recover,y go into Backup & Restore, choose Advanced Restore and Restore sd-ext.

If you have luck then after reboot you would have your apps back, of course only the ones that were in nandroid backup. Still better that manually reinstalling them from Play Store or Titanium Backup.

Guys, I have a pretty big problem, please someone help. I've been using the 15/05 release with no problems so far with S2E. Even app data was on sd-ext, I had more than 100 M on internal free. Then today, I rebooted my phone after installing a theme and when it came back on, s2e simply didnt work anymore. None of my apps that were on the sd-ext appear. I tried to reflash the rom then the s2e patch and wipe dalvik cache but no luck. Any suggestions aside from a full wipe? anyone? Please.

New simple2ext-v4.zip includes update from market:

https://docs.google....Q1d2Ym4tejhQaFU

The first update from Oleg Krikun does not include it's own e2fsck tool to check for filesystem errors after migrigating from ext3 to ext4. Which leads into an corrupted filesystem which couldn't be mounted! That is why you don't have any apps.

You can read more about that here:

3.2. Migrate existing Ext3 filesystems to Ext4

http://kernelnewbies.org/Ext4#line-69

Fix:

1. Boot into Clockworkmod (because there you have an "e2fsck" tool)
  2. start "adb shell"
  3. e2fsck -p /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
  4. Reboot (done!)

Should fix about 256 bad groupings in filesystem.

Best regards,

XeS0r

Edited by XeS0r

Guest M&Ms

I think that happens on virtual operators.

I'm not using a virtual operator, don't think it's linked.

I can confirm that. If you enable 2G mode then it won't sleep again until you reboot. Even putting it back to 3g mode doesn't help without rebooting.

Thank you for saving my sanity in working out why my phone sleeps sometimes and not others. It appears it was based on whether I remembered to change to 2G or not. :D

As far as I saw, I don't need to reboot it to stops being awake, just putting on 3G "solves" the issue on my phone...

I just updated to last rom, camera preview is flickering and video record don't work :(

I didn't do a full wipe, only Dalvik.

Guest yogesh4228

use another player from market (MX Player or whatever u like)

But the problem with only mp4 file in mx video player....

mp4 codec is not working properly for me other's are working fine.

if you have any solution please answer me.........

Guest uosiek

My Sony MBW-150 randomly disconnects from OpenWatch. Simillar thing with Samsung HF1000 car bluetooth loudspeaker, it tends to disconnect randomly during call and mostly after call ends.

Currently no logcats, let me reproduce this problem with PC connected

Guest pageisgod85

Hi Tilal.

Great work on this ROM and the general ZTE community overall. I've been a fan of yours since a long time.

ColdfusionX is perfect for me as I don't use FM Radio and have used the Blade's camera 7-8 times since buying it last year.

Anyway, I only have one problem with this ROM. The app Fring doesn't work on it. It loads and even shows my contacts, but the moment I try to make a call, it disconnects. On Wifi as well as data. I had tried this ROM in April as well as now, the latest 15/05 version. Wifi as well as data is working fine on other apps, it's just Fring that is giving me this problems. Is there any possible solution to this? It is the only thing that is keeping me from using this ROM as a daily driver as I use the app very often on a daily basis.

Guest solidslash

I, on the other hand, have no problems with the 2g only setting. It goes to sleep nicely, I don't experience any battery drain at all.