[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest stanvladut

Does exist any patch for music player which makes our blades to play music louder ? I listened music on a Lg Optimus One and the volume was much louder than our blades. I tried in the past the Beats audio patch, but didn't seemed to do something.

Guest Chrissyboy101

Tilal, I've used all of the roms you've uploaded since 31/03 and whilst I really enjoy the performance improvements, I've noticed that in all of them watching Youtube in low quality will cause the phone to freeze for about 10 seconds and then reboot after about 15 mins of usage. I'm happy to record it happening. I've updated Gapps and the problem persists. I suspect that it may be more widespread and occur with other video playback too, and possibly with the camera preview. If you are unable to reproduce my issue, what would you recommend I do to prevent it occurring?

Guest sej7278

not all the time. you can choose an update interval of 6 hours (maybe even more - just look at the merge)

ah so not much use to me without a data plan, i don't even turn wifi on once a day, so the forecast would be useless.

Guest shmizan

yeah I don't have a data plan either, but that's going to change in the next few days.. there's a real revolution in the whole unlimited plans here.

unlimited calls, texts and data for 15£ (90 NIS) so it's only a matter of time now.. makes the lockscreen weather a nice gimmick :P

Guest sej7278

yeah I don't have a data plan either, but that's going to change in the next few days.. there's a real revolution in the whole unlimited plans here.

unlimited calls, texts and data for 15£ (90 NIS) so it's only a matter of time now.. makes the lockscreen weather a nice gimmick :P

who is that with? my sister just got freemobile.fr for about those prices, its an extension to her landline/adsl. i was thinking of giffgaff in the uk. i really don't think i'd use it a helluva lot so only want payg not contract.

i'll upload a cm9 build when they've sorted out the recent mess created by http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/16555/

Guest shmizan

who is that with? my sister just got freemobile.fr for about those prices, its an extension to her landline/adsl. i was thinking of giffgaff in the uk. i really don't think i'd use it a helluva lot so only want payg not contract.

yeah exactly, it's freemobile.fr in Israel (same company, known as Golan Telecom). it comes up cheaper anyway so I'm keeping my number and moving to a cheaper AND unlimited plan. I was also on payg but wifi places are hard to come by unless you're at home.

Guest tilal6991

Hey Tilal are you going to make the Stock ICS?Just asking.

Yes. I've been working very hard behind the scenes to get everything in place. Will be releasing it very soon.

Guest Dynion

My zte blade gives an error while installing this blade.

i'm semi-noob, so i don't understand what it means. The phone is rooted (dôh)

installing update:

assert failed: getprop ("ro.product.device") == "blade" II getprop(ro.bE:unknown command [uild.product")]

and after that:

E:error in /sdcard/update-cm9-9-20120515-snapshot-blade-coldfusionX-tilal6991-signed.zip (status 7)

installation aborted.

Any suggestions? There should be enough space and the phone is wiped.

Guest paldepind

Is it possible to make the menu button show running apps instead of opening the menu and then activating the software menu button in the UI? I can't find any preference for this.

Guest guyton

my touchscreen is not working

my device is dell xcd35 with replaced chinese digitizer

its working fine with other roms ss, cm7 etc

please solve this problem i am jelous with my friends mobile

Guest Hayden3430

My zte blade gives an error while installing this blade.

i'm semi-noob, so i don't understand what it means. The phone is rooted (dôh)

installing update:

assert failed: getprop ("ro.product.device") == "blade" II getprop(ro.bE:unknown command [uild.product")]

and after that:

E:error in /sdcard/update-cm9-9-20120515-snapshot-blade-coldfusionX-tilal6991-signed.zip (status 7)

installation aborted.

Any suggestions? There should be enough space and the phone is wiped.

Try rebooting recovery or Try re-downloading the rom and try installing again.

Guest matje103

Omg, where do u live? did you mention unlimited plans?

Guest Dynion

Or just try toggling script asserts from 'install zip from sdcard' menu.

sounds good, but i don't have that option. i can choose from:

reboot system now

usb-ms toggle (being able to transport things on your SD card from windows 7)

backup/restore

flash zip from sd-card (can only choose what zip)

wipe

partition SD card (make partition, repair, or change ext2-->ext 3)

mounts (don't know what that is for)

others (including fix apk UID, move recovery.log to sd and toggle signature verify (this one does not work))

power off

redownloading and rebooting does not work.

edit: I do appreciate your help!:D

Edited by Dynion

Guest Sulthekk

Omg, where do u live? did you mention unlimited plans?

Sure not in Hungary... That would be impossible with the huge 'rivalisation' of the mobile providers... :D

Guest Dynion

@Dynion:

What version of CWM do you have got installed on the phone?

i have no idea... i put android 2.2 on it about on and a half year ago. it just says my version of the blade is 2.0 (ra-blade-v2.0.0)

Edited by Dynion

Guest Dynion

amon ra... that name does ring a bell.

To be honest, i've been out off this business for about the same time i installed the 2.2 rom. I don't even know wat GEN 2 is xD (ah, your talking about the device, i was thinking about some kind of software. My blade is gen2, yes)

Edit: I love the phone, but it couldn't keep up with my typing (extremely laggy) so i decided to look for a better rom. I found this topic and followed it for about a month.

Edited by Dynion

Guest Sulthekk

Oookay, then you should reduce the throttle a bit. First, you most update your phone to GEN2 firmware with the proper partition layout, then you can install this rom. But I would recommend you to just upgrade to GEN2 and CM7 for now, and read the forum to get to know with the things, as this rom is still recommended mostly for advanced users.

Guest Dynion

hmmm...

nstructions

Copy a Gen2 rom zip file to your sd card ready to install. Check the md5sum of that against the source (you can use AFV for this).

Unzip this Gen2 TPT zip file to your sd card, it should create an image directory.

Check the nandroid.md5 file in the image directory on your sd card using AFV on your phone (long press on nandroid.md5 file, then Verify Nandroid Backup)

Power off, wait a few seconds, then power on with menu & vol+ held.

It should take a few seconds to flash the new Gen2 firmware (you should see some green text), then it should reboot into ClockworkMod recovery, use that to wipe data & then install your Gen2 rom.

-------------------------------------

unzipped it, powered it off, waited some seconds but i only get the green guy now. no green text of some kind. :(

Amon ra still works though.

It is for European Gen1 ZTE Blades, Orange San Franciscos, Sapo A5s & Base Luteas sold with Android 2.1 Eclair only. None of the downloads on this page will work if your phone was sold with or operator upgraded to Android 2.2 Froyo. In that case, you already have the upgraded radio firmware. This is a safer alternative to the operator 2.2 upgrades which keeps some of the good features of Gen1 (like fastboot mode, tpt mode & extra storage space), but upgrades everything necessary to run Gen2 Android 2.2 Froyo & Android 2.3 Gingerbread roms.

might this cause the trouble? i bought it as a 2.1 eclair device, but i did put 2.2 on it.

Something says me this is not the right place for this stuff, do you have a better place where i could get some help instead of getting help while flooding the topic?

by the way, at this point there is no rom installed. (so i didn't check anything with AFV)

tried it again with the "stock gen1-gen2". The android puppet became a lot larger, but no further results so far.

cwm v5.0 is working now.

and android 4.0 as well. my very big thanks surthekk:) i wouldn't have known what to do else.

Tilal, big credits to you. what you did to this phone is simply incredible. It is usable once again. It even feels more than usefull, it feels fast, really fast. Thanks a lot.

Edited by Dynion