[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest jeddy1

So i have been following the development for the ICS on ZTE Blade.

But i have one simple question, Is ColdFusionX Good for a Daily use Rom?

My Personal Activites (Facebook, Calls, Texting, Wifi Tethering, Scrable with Friends and a Bit of Youtube)

back up your rom and give this a try ;)

we can't know how much u use your phone or what u do with it .i know u explained little bit but maybe u dont like it and blame us :P

So i have been following the development for the ICS on ZTE Blade.

But i have one simple question, Is ColdFusionX Good for a Daily use Rom?

My Personal Activites (Facebook, Calls, Texting, Wifi Tethering, Scrable with Friends and a Bit of Youtube)

This was my dilemma until yesterday. Phone is now my son's and hasn't been updated in a year or so. Took the plunge with this after seeing the excellent work and updates going on and using ICS on my SGS2. It really is nice so far. My son isn't a huge user and you may come across something you don't like. But make the nandroid backup, give it a go and revert back if it's not to your liking. As it stands it's very stable, fast and smooth here with no problems encountered. For me the bookmark sync with Chrome in the stock browser alone is worth the upgrade.

Battery drain overnight is probably slightly more than I expected although I didn't switch airplane mode on as I have done in the past. Still early days though so battery stats might not be accurate and I haven't set up OC/UC as yet.

Edited by Guest

Guest Kr0nos

But make the nandroid backup, give it a go and revert back if it's not to your liking.

Can I revert a backup if this was made before the phone was TPTed

That's what holded me back for so long

and a second question: can you put the settings toggels in the notification bar?

Edited by Kr0nos

Guest pritect

T

and a second question: can you put the settings toggels in the notification bar?

This rom have the settings toggles in the navbar yes

Guest Nikola86BG

Settings toggle is standard in CM9, but you might check out the ICS Reloaded (much better in my opinion).

However, did the update to the latest version just yesterday, and didn't have time to really test it again - the first time I have installed the Reloaded, it broke my launcher and status bar. Will try again (if need be, with the full system wipe - since I also have some other problems from the previous build carried over, there is every chance I will).

Not sure about the TPT, you might have to re-TPT it back. Or, try to trim the ICS down so it will fit in your current system partition size (I didn't really go over the top, and it easily fits into 150MB /system, LatinIME trimmed only to the languages I need, mini gapps are the older version with integrated gmail). Just delete everything you don't need (TTS languages, extra wallpapers and tones, change Trebuchet with Apex or Nova, delete all the apps you don't need, etc).

Guest staud

Settings toggle is standard in CM9, but you might check out the ICS Reloaded (much better in my opinion).

ICS Reloaded isn't compatible to the newer CM9 sources. The project thread is closed until the dev releases a compatible update.

Guest Nikola86BG

ICS Reloaded isn't compatible to the newer CM9 sources. The project thread is closed until the dev releases a compatible update.

So that is the reason why it acted the way it did... Bummer... Hope this will get fixed, and rather sooner than later. Thanks for the info, it will save me some lack-of-reading related issues...

Guest sonicboy03

ok, this may be a n00b question but i ask it anyway: how can I check my /system partition is big enough and if not the case, how to resize it?

Thanks for the answer

Hello,

I have installed the latest ROM, wiping only dalvik cache.

I noticed there seems to be a battery drain issue, which I don't quite understand why with this ROM.

Maybe the phone isn't going to deep sleep?

From what I've read I don't seem to be the only one with this issue.

Cheers

Try re calibrating your battery stats?

will this work on my chinese blade? :D

The rom is not 100% compatible with the Chinese versions so you might come across problems.

Edited by Guest

Guest Mahesh Sharma

The rom is not 100% compatible with the Chinese versions so you might come across problems.

Ok :(

Any known issues? like CM7 had issue with Camera.(just want to know before I flash and test it :) )

Guest Nikola86BG

Ok :(

Any known issues? like CM7 had issue with Camera.(just want to know before I flash and test it :) )

If you did have time to read through the whole thread (can't blame you for not trying, it's huge and too full of the useless information), you could see that only European Blades with 3mpix camera are (almost) sure to work. The others have more camera issues. There could be other hidden issues, you can't be sure before you try it (after all, I have plenty of issues that have been brought through from previous versions, and I have an early TFT SF).

Guest Cyclothunder

Me too, get an initialisation error with upnp

exactly!!

I wonder if its rom related :(

Do you use any alternative?

Guest targetbsp

How many people are going to manage to post that here without reading the thread they are linking to realise it's old? :D