[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991
The main reason i wanted ICS stable rom cos i want Crome in my phone. I hope This Rom be a stable one & better battery management for daily use.

Chrome is not available for the blade. Chrome is arm7 only - nothing anyone can do about that.

The cm9 roms up until this point have NOT had full HW acceleration- they have been using hacks to get it working it partially working. This build has full acceleration which makes it an awful lot faster

Does full hardware acceleration means that youtube will be working (hardware or software decoding)?

Guest tilal6991

Does full hardware acceleration means that youtube will be working (hardware or software decoding)?

No - I need qcom to release the proprietary binaries- can't fix that without it.

Guest skywave

I hope this is as good as the SE X8/W8 CM9, which scores 2500+ points in Antutu with ease.

No, it will never be. Same gpu that has to control almost three times the amount of pixels.

No, it will never be. Same gpu that has to control almost three times the amount of pixels.

I wonder if the amount of pixels is accounted in Antutu.

When you compare X8 gingerbead roms http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1486619

to ZTE Blade gingerbread roms http://android.modac...-benchmark-test

This is the result from X8 Antutu from OP (lucastan96) running gingerbread. When you compare this 1730 score to the Blade, it's about the same you'll get on the Blade.

af8db5a8-2d49-fbd4.jpg

But when you compare this score to ICS on the X8 http://forum.xda-dev...3&postcount=490

Under further inspection this X8 ICS 2D graphics get over 1000 points (2.5 times increase over gingerbread), is this somekind of fluke or is the Adreno 200 a hidden 2D monster unlocked for the X8 or some very clever trick? Cause when I look for Galaxy Nexus Antutu score on the net on 2D graphics it scores lower than 300.

Guest jurrasstoil

The problem with android benchmarks is that they are BS...

The Galaxy Nexus scores a little below 300 points in 2D in antutu. So does the Motorola Razr, the Galaxy S2, the Evo3D and the Transformer Prime.

Guest James Norny

I want to ask you, how long we have to wait to working youtube? This is the biggest problem of having ICS on Blade. I saw that xperia x8 has working videos. Why? We have the same hardware, only the f resolution is different. I want your opinion developer.

Guest JudasLucifer

I want to ask you, how long we have to wait to working youtube? This is the biggest problem of having ICS on Blade. I saw that xperia x8 has working videos. Why? We have the same hardware, only the f resolution is different. I want your opinion developer.

Probably because it's not the highest on their priority issues, and because it's simply difficult without stuff from Zte etc, do some reading. :P

Guest skywave

Looking at the xperia x8 development thread they got the same as i have on the rom i am working on, which is working video but only with the software decoder which is slow and lags. Assume tilal has the same. Problem is that a big part of the hardware decoding is proprietary, as in no source available.

Meanwhile google changed the other part making the part we used in Gingerbread incompatible. This could very well be a insolvable issue, as the chances on pulling new compatible binaries from a ARMv6 ICS rom are little to none.

Guest tilal6991

Right - update I've got the build booting and am testing it.

Wifi, GSM, Full HW acceleration with opengl works and camera as well.

Bluetooth doesn't and youtube still laggy but local videos play well.

Guest rapier07

Great :)

Guest JimJam707

Sweet! Feel free to let us test aswell ;D

Guest rafalo1333

So this HW ACC is for GUI and its fully working, but there are a lot of problems with incompatible binaries for videos HW ACC only, am I thinkink in good direction?

Any chances of hacking ICS to use old binaries from GingerBread?