[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991

I have found that setting the DPI to 160 with the free application "DPI Changer Utility" from the market greatly improves the smoothess of all animations and the launcher. Im not sure why this is but it would be interesting to know if it helps anyone else

Agree completely with skywave - it has a really high chance of breaking apps - especially stuff like the phone app

Guest targetbsp

Can someone please give me a link to a 180mb-200mb system partition? closest I can find is wbaw's 220mb, but really don't like idea of having such a large cache!

You can use the tpt helper app on the market to make whatever sizes you want. be sure to choose your correct phone type on first run (stock gen2 or tpt gen2 or windows updated gen2 or whatever)

Thanks for clearing that up for me, however I havent noticed any reduction in quality or any apps breaking.

For me it is definitely worth it. If I find any broken apps then I will consider changing it back.

I linked one just above your post. :)

On the whole this rom is fast, stable, smooth and all my user apps are working. I'm very impressed!

Just a few minor issues I've spotted:

gallery doesn't show the picture its asking you to crop for your wallpaper which makes cropping it challenging!

the keypad lights appear to be on permanently and the led doesn't appear to colour when receiving a text or call

the wifi has dropped for me twice after prolonged on times. it complains the router is not in range. toggling wifi off and on recovers it

+

Youtube: The sound is good but the video has lag.

Browser: Is there any lag to load pages and do scrolling

Calculator: Force Closed

tilal6991 Thank you for your work.

GPS: works fine!

Guest manimaluk

Anyone know why this rom wont go past the boot screen on my chinese blade please.

I have followed the instructions on first post.

Burstlam's build loads ok.

Just wanted to have a play with this one.

Thanx in advance.

Sorry about the bold font dunno why it did that

Edited by manimaluk

First impressions with the Febr. 26th build:

-Airplance mode caused a reboot

-Calculator doesn't work

-Both Gallery and Camera doesn't work properly

-I'm not sure if the Icon of the Wifi should work this way, but it is very dark and hard to see.

-Auto brightness (light sensor) got stucket at max brightness level

-Latest febr.24 gapps installed and seems to work well.

so far so good...I'll keep testing for few days

Keep up the great work! :)

Guest rwalton159

I loved this rom but I do like to use the camera and Youtube is a must.

Its great to think the phone I bought in October 2010 has the capacity to take ICS :)

Guest rafalo1333

Latest build is missing the SmartAssV2 governor, any chance to have it in future updates?

Anyone can make the zip with this governor to flash via recovery?

Guest tilal6991

Latest build is missing the SmartAssV2 governor, any chance to have it in future updates?

Anyone can make the zip with this governor to flash via recovery?

No because this is a new kernel so the old one would cause FCs and reboots. Ondemand is as good as Smartass in reality.

Guest targetbsp

No because this is a new kernel so the old one would cause FCs and reboots. Ondemand is as good as Smartass in reality.

It's not. And I can give you an app that proves that. Post Modern. :) The performance difference is night and day between On Demand and SmartAss in that one.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Arz Bhatia

We've just received a complaint against the users following the thread. Guys, please do not fill up the thread by posting stuff like 'flashing ROM right now, updating rom' and all, you can leave back user feedbacks for the developer but anything other than that is just going to fill the thread with trash and annoy some fellow members.

Please follow the rules respectively,

Thanks

Arz

Guest tilal6991

It's not. And I can give you an app that proves that. Post Modern. :) The performance difference is night and day between On Demand and SmartAss in that one.

Really - I've always thought they were the same - I'll add it in a couple of releases time.

Next release - better kernel, even smoother UI, better battery life, proximity calibration by default, GPU OCCing (thanks to wbaw), WiFi undervolt (better battery life)(thanks to wbaw), WiFi modules update, Kernel undervolt at low frequencies (better battery life)(thanks to wbaw)

Guest fedezubo

Really - I've always thought they were the same - I'll add it in a couple of releases time.

Next release - better kernel, even smoother UI, better battery life, proximity calibration by default, GPU OCCing (thanks to wbaw), WiFi undervolt (better battery life)(thanks to wbaw), WiFi modules update, Kernel undervolt at low frequencies (better battery life)(thanks to wbaw)

gonna love you...

Guest koeny33

GPU Overclocking? Brilliant!

Anyway, I have been using the current ROM today (get up at 7.00am, be at school at 8.30, back home at 5.00pm, write this at 8:41pm). I installed some apps:

-Nimbuzz

-Virtualboy (GBA Emulator)

-Tweakers.net app

-Tested a game: GTA III (laggy of course, but it worked!)

-iMeta (for school).

Haven't had any crashes the whole day! It's still lagging with video (not Youtube, just a normal .mp4) though. No pressure though, I can live without it :) It's amazing what you've done so far, keep up the good work!

Guest targetbsp

Kernel undervolt at low frequencies (better battery life)(thanks to wbaw)

That one is a really bad move. It barely improves battery life (and even then only in very select circumstances) and causes stability issues. I think everyone compiling CM7 builds has ditched it now.

Here's my most recent post on the subject: http://android.modaco.com/topic/335328-romgen2cyanogenmod-7-android-237/page__st__12500__p__1898340#entry1898340

There are plenty of other views in that thread - but obviously it takes some reading.

Just don't go assuming it's a good thing because it's nowhere near as good as it sounds!

Edited by targetbsp

Also try to fix the bugs that were reported earlier... For when this new version? :D

Thanks

Guest tilal6991

That one is a really bad move. It barely improves battery life (and even then only in very select circumstances) and causes stability issues. I think everyone compiling CM7 builds has ditched it now.

It's not the same as everyone else has been using - it's quite different.

CM7 build were using it at middle frwquencies - ie 300 - 500. This one is 100-200 and should be completely stable.

Guest matt4321

Been using the ROM all day, had a reboot once other than that ok, stability wise it's really fast but does seem to be draining my battery so hopefully like you said it may be improved in the next release.

Can you tell which app to see the performance of the governors, please?