[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Pondlife

Terminal emulator, type df at the prompt. The first part of the output is your partitions map, there you will find /system with its size and free space.

Hmm interesting, shows that I do have an sd-ext partition that I'd forgotten about but CM9 isn't using it.

Anyone know if it can use it?

Impressive work on the ROM Tilal. Leaps and bounds each new version.

Guest matcho13579

This is great! I had no problems except that when I woke up this morning more than half the battery had drained. Otherwise, I would probably use it daily.

I'm already using it as a daily ROM...no battery drain for me

Guest bladebuddy

First of all this is a lot better then I expected looking at some of the post's. The same problem with the camera as previously stated but I do get a photo showing in the small preview box of an old photo. Also when clicking on a link using tapatalk ,in this case trying to get the drop box proxy apk things got a bit freeky with the text ie blocks and messed up text when trying to scroll. All in all very impressed but still early days so will carry on testing and let you know how it goes. A big thanks from me.

p.s Gmail restored from titanium backup with no problems.

PPS my old pulp fiction ringtone as default Happy day's.

Ppps Gmail restored from titanium backup but no new emails have been received yet may still be not working! :(

Edited by bladebuddy

Guest Akash P

If one delete's bootanimation.zip and video from \system\media. The entire rom perfectly fits in a 160Mb partition with 4Mb to spare.

post-909406-0-12144600-1330399804_thumb.

On another note running this rom for 11 hours now. Perfectly stable. Not a single reboot :)

post-909406-0-58643000-1330399865_thumb.

Guest Cyclothunder

Right - do this for calibration:

Install ES File Explorer

Give it root permissions in the app settings and mount system partition as RW

Copy the downloaded BladeParts.apk to /system/app

Proximity calibration should now show up as one of your apps .

Many thanks mate :)

This rom is excellent!!

Does anyone else don't have the led notification working?

new mail or missed call won't trigger the blinking led :(

Edited by Cyclothunder

hmm i have no problem with calculator.

on the other hand, the stock browser is quite slow. therefor I installed opera mini, that seems working fine :-).

till now no other big problems

Guest wukudaku

If one delete's bootanimation.zip and video from \system\media. The entire rom perfectly fits in a 160Mb partition with 4Mb to spare.

On another note running this rom for 11 hours now. Perfectly stable. Not a single reboot :)

156MB with or without gapps?

I've installed this ROM yesterday to test whats going on with CM9 and I have to say: wow. Very fast and good ROM. But unfortunately I've got reboots. It happened in the app "sms backup and restore" on restoring my sms. Well, I dont need all my sms restored, but this should not happen.

So for me its no daily ROM (yet) but its on a great way to get our old Blades in the next level! Great work!

Guest fox2000

+1 man, I'm trying this since yesterday and it fits well with the GAPPS package linked in the OP (gapps-ics-20120215-tilal6991.zip).

However, in previous posts we found that this GAPPS package is somehow "too stripped" and causes some problems, eg. some apps (whatsapp, gmail...) are not displayed in Market. So it would be much better to use a bigger version of GAPPS (gapps-ics-20120224-signed.zip, linked some posts before), but at this point ROM wouldn't fit anymore in 160MB. When tilal will release next version, I'll probably test it with a 180MB /system TPT, which would be enough and still leave enough space in /data partition for our beloved apps :)

Edited by fox2000

Guest Pierg75

I'm using this rom since yesterday and I have been very impressed.

There are glitches from time to time, but overall it seems a very good rom (I'm trying to use it daily).

I have also the already reported problems (calculator, camera, slow browser), but I noticed in the logcat this message:

D/NetlinkEvent(  101): Unexpected netlink message. type=0x0

D/NetlinkEvent(  101): Unexpected netlink message. type=0xff

D/NetlinkEvent(  101): Unexpected netlink message. type=0xff

It's written very often and even when the phone is in standby.

Is this normal?

Thanks

Pier

Guest targetbsp

I've installed this ROM yesterday to test whats going on with CM9 and I have to say: wow. Very fast and good ROM. But unfortunately I've got reboots. It happened in the app "sms backup and restore" on restoring my sms. Well, I dont need all my sms restored, but this should not happen.

Did you have the full gapps? Some apps seem to have trouble without it.

SMS backup+ worked fine for me

Does anyone else don't have the led notification working?

new mail or missed call won't trigger the blinking led :(

No, it doesn't work yet.

Edited by targetbsp

Did you have the full gapps? Some apps seem to have trouble without it.

SMS backup+ worked fine for me

No, just the gapps from first post. But its ok, I like the very stable CM7 and all the functions (including flash plugin to watch my local TV shows and news).

I think flash player will never work with ICS, or?

Guest tilal6991

when selecting ringtones from settings the screen flickers each time when i go to next ringtone.

and tilal why dont u add wbaw's patches for gpu and axi overclocking that might improve some performance

https://github.com/John-Kenney

If you look at the change log a few posts above for the new build you'll see they are already included :P

Guest matt4321

If you change the boot animation folder to \data\local instead of \system\media then you get more space in the system folder but still get the boot animation

Guest saransh9

I've got GalleryGoogle.apk working, lol. Don't know how that worked or related, but just flashed tilaz' Samsung Bravia Engine for the Skate:

http://android.modac...34#entry1908634

HWa seams to be still intact.

Edit: Not working anymore O.o

Okay, maybe it just randomly works for me. Maybe it randomly works for me, unrelated to the Bravia engine.

it has always worked for me.

and is bravia engine working on blade ????any googd??

Guest blindclown

Hello,

working with this ROM since sunday night and everything works properly (beside of the already reported bugs). No reboots, no lag during utilization of the menus and submenus of apps, Gmail works fine, GPS get's only 30 second on the first time to get signal, airplane mode works fine and I fell a sleep this night with the wifi on and no airplane mode, the battery drained only 3% (the accuweather and twitter were update, so the wifi was working with the screen off).

I still have this morning 40% of battery and the wifi is always connected in my work.

So, beside of the bugs, I've to say that this is the best ROM I've tried on my ZTE Libra.

Thank you Tilal6991 for the wonderful and quick work.