[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Chocolate Columbo

Gapps from the first post won't display. It boots straight into the ROM which may be fine, but there's no Market.

Home button doesn't seem to do anything? It had frozen once when I held it down but it would not reboot itself. Had to pull the battery.

Edited by Chocolate Columbo

Guest tilal6991

Any idea why GAPPS are not displaying at all for me? It boots straight into the ROM which may be fine, but there's no Market or anything...

Home button doesn't seem to do anything? It had frozen once when I held it down but it would not reboot itself. Had to pull the battery.

Did you follow the flash order on the first page?

Guest Chocolate Columbo

It's very smooth, but FC with launcher and gapps dont work, and i'm the only one who wifi dont connect?

The launcher only fc once for me if you wait for it to load the first hint. Been reflashing this for a while and if you don't give it time, it'll fc, fc, fc.... Wifi just connected to me, and that was using connectify through Adhoc/wireless USB

Guest chaosfoevr

Please read the first post - advanced users only. Only flash this if you know what you are doing and are able to debug problems yourself without help on my part. As the ROM becomes more stable, this will change so that all users can flash it. For now - advanced users only.

cool will b waitin fo the next relese then.....cheers

Guest Amelo007

Gotta say that this is the best ICS for the blade out there. Great job man! rebooted once for now. Happened when a set max processes to two and pressed home. But still, for the first build, this s*** is amazing and blazing fast. Keep it up!

Edit: The drawer used to fc, but then the tutorial screen popup thinghy showed up, and now it seems to be ok. Market fc's though..

Edited by Amelo007

Guest the_crevis

USB mass storage does not work for me, and the browser does not load pages properly - at first the pages are very blurred and take ages to become clear, some problem with webkit i guess. I'm just reporting problems to help you, not complaining :). The plus points are that it is incredibly smooth and fast, thanks very much! :)

Edit: it also just rebooted when i unplugged it from my computer...

Edited by the_crevis

Guest secretsev3n

USB storage not working for me.

Brilliant ROM so far though, genuinely excited to see how this comes along! Big thanks to the developer(s) who put so much hard work into this.

Guest Cata_Simi

I followed every instruction in first post

Same issues that @ayziaa described

for launcher problem try nova beta is way more stable

Edited by Cata_Simi

Guest Chocolate Columbo

Lucky you can even see Market... This Gapps is doing my brain in. I'm going to have to try using terminal to copy an apk from the SD card...

Guest Miles Kjeller

Just flashed it there as per the instructions in the first post.

I am really impressed and this could easily become my every-day rom.

I always used 3rd Party apps to tether, I don't use the camera and I've always used JetVD for YouTube.

However, the Launcher is unstable to the point of being unusable and I don't think that GAPPS is flashing correctly for me (confirmed, it's not, no Market).

The Home button does not work either.

I'll keep an eye on development, but in the mean-time, I'm restoring my Nandroid and returning to LEWARom.

Keep up the good work.

Yep. Wifi cannot connect too. If you could tell us how to fix it bro, that'll be great. And for those who have launcher problems, i am uploading a fixed version. so bare with me :P

Guest Akash P

Been using this ROM for half hour now. ROM works perfectly fine !! I seriously dont know why so many are having so many problems! Wifi connects perfectly! My modified Gaaps work perfectly fine! Using ADW Launcher EX, It works just fine without a single force-close anywhere. Not a single random reboot as of now. Everything working well till now will give another feedback few hours later.

By far the best 4.0 ROM out there! Works butter smooth! Thank you tilal6991.

Guest Red Beaver

Great rom tilal! Very slick. Im also having problems with the browser and the market always closes.

Keep up the great work!

How is the ui smoothness compared to gingerbread? Better, worse? IPhone-smoothness?

Guest fonix232

Nice work, tilal!

Just a little extension, my install method:

1. Installed v10 215 Gen2 layout by wbaw (http://android.modac...ra-via-windows/)

2. Installed your ROM

3. Installed GApps 20120212, then 20120215

4. Wiped data

Works perfectly, has some glitches what are reported to be CM9 glitches, and found some "Out of memory errors" too (you set Dalvik VM to 16MB, that's extremely low, I suggest at least 32, but better go with 48MB!). Here's a log of it: http://pastebin.com/EKh3gJmP

However, I would like to ask you to, for now, base ColdFusion on AOKP instead of CM9. They achieved a bit more than the Cyanogen Team for now, including ICS-style power "widget" in notification area (settings button opens it, ICS toggles, tons of customization), lockscreen and status bar customizations (plus battery modes, clock mode, displayed things, etcetera etcetera, more lockscreen styles and customizations), and in overall, they are a bit more stable.

Further info:

http://forum.aokp.co/

Sources:

https://github.com/aokp

If I had the rig myself, I would gladly build it, but my PC simply isn't enough to make it (would take approx two days, slow HDD and low RAM).

Also just to mention: the SD card has wrong title. It is reported as a USB storage device, you can see it under Settings - Storage!

Edited by fonix232