[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest vasiloy

The standby life on this seems damned good! Overnight the battery gauge went down 0% and I wasn't even on airplane (cause it doesn't work :D )

Was also even in 3g because I forgot to change it to 2g!

I had the same overnight experience but after a reboot I started to loose like 7-8%/hour in standby in 2G. Idk if the readings are right and what exactly makes the battery stats change but if anyone else has battery draining problems a reboot while charging SOMETIMES fixes the issue.

Guest vasiloy

Was it sleeping? Mine sometimes doesn't sleep. I've yet to work out the conditions under which it doesn't though.

It was sleeping as I didn't manage to turn the screen on with physical buttons.

However, later in the day I started to experience random screen flashes (i.e. screen was turning on by itself) at which point I flashed another ROM.

Guest uosiek

Hmmm..... Ok, general wiping cache and /system method worked, but I'm trying to hot-plug /sd-ext/ to /data/*

OFC i had kernel panic on boot, so trying a fresh install now :/

Guest weaversbrook

Getting lots of FC on camera gallery and several apps since upgrading to newer version sticking with it for now but not as smooth as the previous version up to now yellow screen from time to time and very very laggy but hey not complaining every thing comes to those who wait.

Guest brookergray

@tilal6991, how about disabling HW acceleration in the browser as a temporary solution to slow rendering? isn't it as simple as removing the flag in the manifest?

The Page renders normally it's just not displayed. Look at the tab switcher: the page is shown there. You can interact with the page it just doesn't display.

Tilal6991 asked us not to mirror it.

On a side note sharing large files using dropbox public links is a really bad idea. If you generate a lot of bandwidth they will disable your links for a while.

But if theres no mirrors then how r ppl ment to download the latest rom if the original links keeps breaking?

And if they disable my links then at least i help as many as i can with the mirror link :)

Guest targetbsp

I think there's some kind of memory leak somewhere. I was attempting to do my traditional in use battery test of playing a kairosoft game from full to empty to see hwo long it takes (typically 4 and a half hours). After an hour tasker warned me I was low on memory. Shortly afterwards the game closed down. In Task manager all bar 10 processes had been shut down, presumably in a desperate attempt to free ram, prior to the game.

Guest k.d.11

I think there's some kind of memory leak somewhere. I was attempting to do my traditional in use battery test of playing a kairosoft game from full to empty to see hwo long it takes (typically 4 and a half hours). After an hour tasker warned me I was low on memory. Shortly afterwards the game closed down. In Task manager all bar 10 processes had been shut down, presumably in a desperate attempt to free ram, prior to the game.

I agree maybe that's why 2d games run really choppy even tomgs version without hw acceleration runs 2d games better for some reason

wow 4.5 hours!! is that on ICS?? Im down to 20% battery after 9 hrs and screen on only 1hr 17min. some serious battery drain going on

Guest brookergray

But if theres no mirrors then how r ppl ment to download the latest rom if the original links keeps breaking?

And if they disable my links then at least i help as many as i can with the mirror link :)

Keeps breaking? Are you using the goo manager app that was bundled with the previous release?

Guest targetbsp

wow 4.5 hours!! is that on ICS?? Im down to 20% battery after 9 hrs and screen on only 1hr 17min. some serious battery drain going on

No, that's on CM7. I wanted to compare it to CM7 and as I have a cold I thought I'd lay in bed playing phone games for the day but it didn't quite work out! I only got an hour out of this before it ran out of memory. I have to say it was looking good on the battery front though, it was still in the 80's % at the time I had to end the test.

Keeps breaking? Are you using the goo manager app that was bundled with the previous release?

Na i didnt have any coldfusionx builds on the zte untill it was stable enough to use for daily so ive never had goo manager. I tried downloading the latest build on my SGSII and my sons zte and both was unsuccessful and i even tried another browser and again unsuccessful download, i tried about 15 times on both fones and finally managed to download it on my SGSII so thats when i thought id get a mirror link for peeps.

I thought it was my wifi but i could download from any other site and then i saw others was havin the same prob

Guest nhnt11

The Page renders normally it's just not displayed. Look at the tab switcher: the page is shown there. You can interact with the page it just doesn't display.

Yeah I know, used the word render without thinking about it. My point is, it definitely seems to be caused by hw acc so why not disable it for the browser? I prefer fast page displaying to smooth animations in the browser. What gave me the thought is that the Facebook app similarly has a displaying delay if you enable force 2D acceleration, which is eliminated if you disable the option.

Edit - I suppose this would apply to other apps with WebViews as well, like GMail. Annoying when an email takes 10 seconds to display. Though that's a proprietary app and would need to be decompiled etc...

Edited by nhnt11

Guest bladebuddy

Na i didnt have any coldfusionx builds on the zte untill it was stable enough to use for daily so ive never had goo manager. I tried downloading the latest build on my SGSII and my sons zte and both was unsuccessful and i even tried another browser and again unsuccessful download, i tried about 15 times on both fones and finally managed to download it on my SGSII so thats when i thought id get a mirror link for peeps.

I thought it was my wifi but i could download from any other site and then i saw others was havin the same prob

You don't need cloldfusion builds on your phone for goo manager to work/ download. I think he ment it was released around the same time.

If the app works properly it has a lot of potential as in keeping Roms, market addons, etc in the same place for easy downloads. Still BETA at the moment but the team are constantly updating !some work better then others.

Edited by me for yet another blonde moment. Just looked on the market for goo manager and it did not show. Must of only been able to download after editing my build prop so you might be right.

Edited by bladebuddy

Guest bladebuddy

You don't need cloldfusion builds on your phone for goo manager to work/ download. I think he ment it was released around the same time.

If the app works properly it has a lot of potential as in keeping Roms, market addons, etc in the same place for easy downloads. Still BETA at the moment but the team are constantly updating !some work better then others.

Edited by me for yet another blonde moment. Just looked on the market for goo manager and it did not show. Must of only been able to download after editing my build prop so you might be right.

Edited yet again for another blonde moment. I put a space in-between goo and manager that's why it did not show. May have been right. To many blonde moments so going to bed 4 good nights sleep.

Guest bartiiiiiii

in the latest release the calendar app just stopped syncing for me. The program starts, everything is ok, just not syncing. Even in accounts&sync it says its experiencing problems. Any suggestions? i've installed full gapps, maybe that"s the reason the calendar app got wrong?

Apart from this the rom is very stable. Camera works, but gallery dont. Thanks for the answer.

Guest jjcg75

in the latest release the calendar app just stopped syncing for me. The program starts, everything is ok, just not syncing. Even in accounts&sync it says its experiencing problems. Any suggestions? i've installed full gapps, maybe that"s the reason the calendar app got wrong?

Same here - any help appreciated.

Guest Barty22

Guys, I asked earlier but no reply yet;

Anyone have an idea why my camera preview is rotated, flipped and mirrored?

I already did a new clean install of the rom, but still the same problem...

:(

Guest Proove

I've got different kind of problem, with pages display too (same issue is in the google translate app. Word or sentence is translated but it doesn't display) but does anyone know why my Blade is playing my message ringtone when I don't even receive the message. It's like "fake message notification" and it's not just once. Annoying as hell. Anyone who got the same issue? Maybe someone got solution

Guest sierra2000

try to instal cm9 alpha 7 for me camera calc etc.works

Guys, I asked earlier but no reply yet;

Edited by sierra2000

Guest targetbsp

There are numerous hardware revisions of the Blade and one of the things that's changed a few times is the camera so i'd guess you have one not supported properly in this yet?

There's a pending change for CM7 to fix a new camera model in the blade being the wrong way around for instance: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,13844

Guest Barty22

There are numerous hardware revisions of the Blade and one of the things that's changed a few times is the camera so i'd guess you have one not supported properly in this yet?

There's a pending change for CM7 to fix a new camera model in the blade being the wrong way around for instance: http://review.cyanog...m/#change,13844

hmm, thanks for the post, really helpful!

Guest tdroza

Same here - any help appreciated.

I had the same problem on a previous build, but assumed it was because I'd deleted some files from the ROM and from GApps to reduce the size. I was seeing errors in the log to do with the permissions of the calendar app. I managed to get it working by flashing the Calendar APK and SyncAdapter from a different ROM. Not had any problems with this version though. It was a bit of trial & error to get it working again so I'm not entirely sure which the file was that fixed it. Sorry I can't be more help!