[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Chocolate Columbo

Such a simple solution increasing my system partition. Wish I tried that 2 hours ago. Even the stripped Gapps wouldn't work before I re-partitioned. Now, on to the real testing. :)

Guest evilbrain

It wouldn't be too hard for someone to make it fit in 160. There's 10mb of demo videos included in the rom for starters. :)

so, if you people could somehow make it fit in 160megs (and you can :D) i will definitely flash this rom

and as people below, I also ask for a file manager put in the rom :)

Edited by evilbrain

Guest Chocolate Columbo

Turning on airplane mode seems to always force a reboot with it then enabled. I can disable it after without a reboot - enabling it will again force a reboot. Is this the case for anyone else?

Guest lurker81

EDIT #2: I attempted to restore some apps with Titanium Backup and it freezes while I scroll throughout the menu with apps to restore. Can't restore any app!

Installing stripped gapps (after wipe data) solved this problem. :)

Guest solidslash

Automatic brightness doesn't seem to work but it's a sweet rom! Thanks!

Oh and it reboots quite often. It's pretty smooth though, can't wait for a more stable version to use it daily!

Edited by solidslash

Guest targetbsp

so, if you people could somehow make it fit in 160megs (and you can :D) i will definitely flash this rom

and as people below, I also ask for a file manager put in the rom :)

After ditching those videos and adding stripped gapps, system is under 170mb. the problem is to get it below 160mb involves making changes that are somewhat personal preference.

There's 4mb of ringtones i'd happily ditch cause I use my own - but others might want them.

There's a 4mb video editor. I can't imagine who edits videos on their phone, especially when the video playback isn't accelerated yet.

The stock launcher and dictionary together exceed 18mb. I use neither - though the rom obviously does need stock ones of both, I would happily replace them with smaller apps. but odds are high quite a few people would want to use one or other of them.

So I don't really know a way someone could strip it much further and keep everyone happy? I haven't even got time to install it until tomorrow but I will be doing it in 160 so I'll see what I come up with then. :D

Guest lurker81

EDIT: Animated wallpapers do not work! Can't get preview to work neither setting wallpaper (by tapping button) seems to work.

Kinda solved. Live wallpapers from android market work good, so only those installed with rom aren't usable. For me it's ok.

Edited by lurker81

Guest evilbrain

After ditching those videos and adding stripped gapps, system is under 170mb. the problem is to get it below 160mb involves making changes that are somewhat personal preference.

There's 4mb of ringtones i'd happily ditch cause I use my own - but others might want them.

There's a 4mb video editor. I can't imagine who edits videos on their phone, especially when the video playback isn't accelerated yet.

The stock launcher and dictionary together exceed 18mb. I use neither - though the rom obviously does need stock ones of both, I would happily replace them with smaller apps. but odds are high quite a few people would want to use one or other of them.

So I don't really know a way someone could strip it much further and keep everyone happy? I haven't even got time to install it until tomorrow but I will be doing it in 160 so I'll see what I come up with then. :D

I don't need any of those too, except for the launcher, so they can be thrown out :). I think more of us would agree with that.

P.S Is there an email app included? I think it could be ditched too in order to get 160

P.P.S it seems that live wallpapers don't work so they can be thrown out too :D

Edited by evilbrain

Guest matcho13579

my system partition is 167 MB, so what do u think, can I flash this ROM with stripped gapps without TPT-ing?

Guest fonix232

Tilal, you can reduce the size a bit with removing the following packages from building:

- OpenWnn

- PinyinIME

- VideoEditor

- RomManager

This should save around 16MB space.

Somehow the default videos get copied to the systen/media folder, costing another 10MB space. Using a smaller footprint of notification/ringtones would also save some more.

Also remove the language flags from the LatinIME dictionaries - english should be enough, that would reduce its size by 5-7MB!

As a comparison, I removed every unnecessary, unuseful things (except LatinIME languages, it needs some more hardcore editing), and reduced the whole ROM size to 132MB (without GApps of course). After adding a stripped down GApps, it will be around 150mb!

Guest tilal6991

Tilal, you can reduce the size a bit with removing the following packages from building:

- OpenWnn

- PinyinIME

- VideoEditor

- RomManager

This should save around 16MB space.

Somehow the default videos get copied to the systen/media folder, costing another 10MB space. Using a smaller footprint of notification/ringtones would also save some more.

Also remove the language flags from the LatinIME dictionaries - english should be enough, that would reduce its size by 5-7MB!

As a comparison, I removed every unnecessary, unuseful things (except LatinIME languages, it needs some more hardcore editing), and reduced the whole ROM size to 132MB (without GApps of course). After adding a stripped down GApps, it will be around 150mb!

Can't get rid of ROMManger - CM9 requirement - got rid of the rest though.