[Dev/Experimental][ROM] Ideos X3 gingerbread rom runs on Pulse

Guest dr.flo

Guest dr.flo

I can't wait to try this out..but somewhy i can't download the rom from mediafire. In some days i'll try to download that via desktop and give it a test.

This can be a very promising port i think :)

Started using this Rom this afternoon. First impressions are good!

keep us posted on your findings/results.

yes, any feedback is welcome.

next update (this weekend) will feature bluetooth... one new screenshot added to 1st post.

Guest dr.flo

is it livewallpaper working? (That traces from stars on the background)

No, unfortunately, live wallpapers don't work. It is a static wallpaper.

What is the status of live wallpapers in cm7. I never tried such things.

Guest desalesouche

runnin that rom since this morning

wifi ok can reconnect after a while away from modem...i have 10.05 mb free on internal storage and i canno't install mobo player codec(2.4 mb).saying not enough space... youtube is ok.couldn't run nfs...mp4 videos running smooth...i like the audio of that rom...

Edited by desalesouche

Guest arlindo.costa

runnin that rom since this morning

wifi ok can reconnect after a while away from modem...i have 10.05 mb free on internal storage and i canno't install mobo player codec(2.4 mb).saying not enough space... youtube is ok.couldn't run nfs...mp4 videos running smooth...i like the audio of that rom...

I installed link2sd which is working well... lots of space :lol: ... neither data2ext nor a2sd worked for me... :P

Guest dr.flo

when the firmware

will deodex

I quickly checked this again since it is relatively easy to do with dsixda kitchen:

• deodexed rom will take up about 15 mb more storage in total ( = not in zip, but after 1st boot, when .dex files have been created in /data)
  • deodexing doesn't help any of the remaining issues of this rom

From that I conclude that we're better off leaving the rom odexed as it is.

---

yes, Link2sd works just fine with this rom.

script based 2ext solutions possibly try to move /data/sys_part to sd and fail. Also, they most likely require more powerful shell commands (busybox) to function.

I'm sure there would be a solution for data2ext - since it is a relatively simple script, but I see no point in investigating this now. For now link2sd can be used, and is easy to set up. If the rom turns out to be ready for daily use, one could have a look at data2ext again...

Edited by dr.flo

Guest arlindo.costa

is it livewallpaper working? (That traces from stars on the background)

No not working. you end up with a black screen

Guest dr.flo

updated rom once again

changelog since version 20120301

- add stock launcher2 from official 2.3.3 rom as alternative to huawei launcher

- busybox & init.d support

- data2ext works (tested, use data2ext_for_CM.zip from there)

- terminal emulator added (to allow enabling of data2ext without adb)

- swap enabler added (can be used to activate swap if there is a swap partiton on sdcard)

- bluetooth works

This will probably turn out to be the last update. I feel that's pretty much all I can do about it... Besides, there are other things in life (and even in this forum) that are more interesting... :)

Guest welly123

Dear Dr. flo

I tried your latest rom it is really great, But I have a request to correct the problem in arabic language support in you coming version. Actually Twrock Had a great work in arabizing the CM 6.1, also the CM 7.2 have no problem in its arabic support

Regards

Guest arlindo.costa

updated rom once again

- swap enabler added (can be used to activate swap if there is a swap partiton on sdcard)

- bluetooth works

This will probably turn out to be the last update. I feel that's pretty much all I can do about it... Besides, there are other things in life (and even in this forum) that are more interesting... :)

Like CM9 :-)

Guest silahsiztugi

I got inspired by the great progress that pier11 has made with ported stock froyo roms and decided to have a look at something additional ;)

Here is Ideos X3 rom adopted to run on pulse. I already tried that some time ago but gave up since it does not boot out of the box like for example the ascend froyo rom. But I've tried it again and discovered that by replacing a few libs, this rom is able to boot up quite well...

Current state

works

- the usual stuff like touchscreen and so on

- ril / edge / 3g

- wifi (thanks to pier11)

- gps

- opengl (at least with neocore)

- video playback (3gp and youtube hq + normal)

- screen rotation

- usb mass storage (with tricks - no gingerbread native mechanism)

- partially camera: can take 3mp pics with 3rd party app (UCam tested with good results, free)

not working

- video recording

- live wallpapers

- tethering

- bluetooth works

changelog since version 20120227

- usb mass storage (use included app gscript lite to launch script "ums_toggle")

- fixed screen rotation

- internal: cleanup ramdisk (now based on pulse cm7)

changelog since version 20120219

- improved video playback

- at least partial opengl support: neocore runs.

- replaced crashing stock apps (Gallery, Music) with working alternatives

- integrated su

- updated wifi driver, should now resume connection after sleep

- enabled camera drivers (stock app will crash, most 3rd party apps perform better)

Download ROM version 20120304

A 100 or 110 mb system partition is needed. The update will format both system and data partition, so you need to backup all your data!

Any help examining further issues would be appreciated.

One positive note: fps2d benchmark for this rom is 29 fps out of the box, overall 2d performance feels relatively "snappy"

post-954785-0-98924700-1329552665_thumb.post-954785-0-61284100-1329552667_thumb.post-954785-0-35362500-1329552676_thumb.post-954785-0-95439900-1329552676_thumb.post-954785-0-47795300-1330716284_thumb.post-954785-0-78409000-1330887238_thumb.post-954785-0-59573100-1330887252_thumb.post-954785-0-04628800-1330887261_thumb.

Can you give me a phone call hangs as at the end?

Guest dr.flo

Dear Dr. flo

I tried your latest rom it is really great, But I have a request to correct the problem in arabic language support in you coming version. Actually Twrock Had a great work in arabizing the CM 6.1, also the CM 7.2 have no problem in its arabic support

Regards

Can you give me a phone call hangs as at the end?

Sorry I have no plans to further work on this rom. If I think about all the hours that have been spent with this and other roms... still we do not have any froyo or gingerbread rom that is completely without issues. And all of them have "bad" performance compared to eclair. Even cm6 which is quite fluent. Use it for a while and get used to it. Then install eclair and at first you won't believe how fast it is... The point is that if I got paid for the hours I spent on this, I could buy at least one upper class smartphone and just use it and have no problems. We should never forget that this is just a phone... it should not take up more space in one's life than for example one's job or one's family. You always think, ok there's just one small step left and then it will be perfect - but it won't.

Anyone who is willing to continue the work on this rom - please feel free to do so...

Guest jeddy1

i have only a question !!

i see on a picture with the internal memory showing up to 366mb !!! is that picture taken from the pulse , u8230 or the ideos x3??? thanks in advance

Guest dr.flo

This rom is very nice! I love this rom!

will this rom have complete edition ?

I'm glad to hear that someone uses and likes this rom. But I've no idea what to try to make it better. It will just stay as is....

i have only a question !!

i see on a picture with the internal memory showing up to 366mb !!! is that picture taken from the pulse , u8230 or the ideos x3??? thanks in advance

Pulse. You can get this if you use data2ext. It will mount an ext partition on the sdcard as internal storage. Will give you as many "internal" storage as you want.

Guest jeddy1

Pulse. You can get this if you use data2ext. It will mount an ext partition on the sdcard as internal storage. Will give you as many "internal" storage as you want.

thanks for the answer .i knew that but i thought maybe a trcik or smth from the ideos x3 rom gave that :P

yes the rom looks nice

so bad i dont have my pulse right now this moments otherwise i would give it a try

Guest didije

Did some experimenting on this rom. If you change this line in build.prop ro.config.hw_customizeType=01 into ro.config.hw_customizeType=02 you get nice black settings menu which looks great in combination with black status bar that is already there. Black and green settings menu, really nice combination.

But this rom really misses cm7 settings (built in cpu management, battery percentage, screenshots, notification power widget etc.). I know, it is supposed to be stock rom, but with those things added this rom would be just awesome..

Guest ChinaT

This rom is very nice! It's very fast,too! I love this rom!But,I found two questions.1.When the call ends, if the other party hangs up the phone and phone will be displayed has been in the call, and can not call any other phone unless the phone restart.2.When I use a WENXIN (LINK:http://dldir1.qq.com/foxmail/weixin36android.apk), I can not use its voice SMS.

Guest pier11

1.When the call ends, if the other party hangs up the phone and phone will be displayed has been in the call, and can not call any other phone unless the phone restart.

This is what people name a show stopper on other forums for this rom.

Otherwise they quite liked it. But that "feature" makes them reflash away from the rom...