[ICS] [MIUI] MIUISkater for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 21/02]

Guest tilal6991

hi ppl complete n00b here so sorry if i say anything wrong or completely dumb but i was wondering if anyone can 1) direct me to some kind of tutorial on how to build my own rom 2) tell me if there is a stripped down rom for the skate or a factory stock rom that wont make my phone into a glorified paper weight lol btw much appreciation to tilal for this rom smile.gif

Edited by favod

Guest razzmataz1478

hi ppl complete n00b here so sorry if i say anything wrong or completely dumb but i was wondering if anyone can A) direct me to some kind of tutorial on how to build my own rom B) tell me if there is a stripped down rom for the skate or a factory stock rom that wont make my phone into a glorified paper weight lol btw much appreciation to tilal for this rom smile.gif

There's no real way to build a from scratch unless you know code. If you don't you can use one of these roms as a base and maybe change the systemui.apk and framework-Res.apk and inject your own system apps... android.modaco.com/topic/348497-zte-skate-stock-roms/

Edit: If you want a stripped down rom I'd go for ice armour, a pretty lightweight rom :)

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest JThumar

Guys tilal has released a kernel which you can find on ICESkater thread. This ROM works superbly now.

1) Wipe System

2) Install ROM

3) Install Kernel

4) Wipe Data

5) Reboot

6) Dont install GApps

I have done this and there are no reboots/freezes.......have tested browser, apps,settings, etc at damn fast navigation and it works amazingly well.

Edited by JThumar

Guys tilal has released a kernel which you can find on ICESkater thread. This ROM works superbly now.

1) Wipe System

2) Install ROM

3) Install Kernel

4) Wipe Data

5) Reboot

6) Dont install GApps

I have done this and there are no reboots/freezes.......have tested browser, apps,settings, etc at damn fast navigation and it works amazingly well.

same results here i really like this rom thank you tilal

Guest JThumar

Installed Super User, Link2SD........removed few apps from link2SD.......nothing can go wrong on this now !!

same results here i really like this rom thank you tilal

Guest zsumo1992

Its a 3.0 kernel ?

1) Wipe System

2) Install ROM

3) Install Kernel

4) Wipe Data

5) Reboot

6) Dont install GApps

Guest Frankish

Can confirm rom works well with new kernel. Only one freeze reboot but it seemed different to other ones. Straight to boot animation, not a full reboot.

Can't wait for an update based on latest cm9 as that runs great now too!

Guest domenico lamberti

after i installed this and everything (including the new test kernel) and booted into ROM th\t is currently working very well, now can i flash GAPPS ?

Guest JThumar

Yes you can.......follow the order

1) System wipe

2) ROM install

3) Reboot into recovery

4) GApps/Kernel install

5) Reboot

Everything working fine for me so far without any reboots

after i installed this and everything (including the new test kernel) and booted into ROM th\t is currently working very well, now can i flash GAPPS ?

Guest JThumar

Download from market superuser.....i am moving onto ICESkater as having some issues with SD card access on music player and kindle not able to download books from archive onto phone.....

I guess the governer is set to performance for this ROM which is eating into battery but i am not complaining as its MIUI !!!

Anyone got a quick fix for root ?

Loving this rom but cannot live without root.

Edited by JThumar

Guest PedroVader

Woah it's getting out of hand there. His accusations are completely unfounded.

We know this, you've credited others where due, I've never looked at your github so I can't comment, if its a mess its your mess, as long as you know what's what it doesn't matter.

Its been said before mate...haters will hate unfortunately, Lets hope he never joins up here...its a nice place to be..don't want it turning into a troll infested pit like some other forums(no names needed here, we all know where)

Chin up mate ;)

Guest JThumar

You are always alone when you are at the...........top !! Let him cry whatever he wants.......some idiot i guess

Woah it's getting out of hand there. His accusations are completely unfounded.

Guest plegdroid

We know this, you've credited others where due, I've never looked at your github so I can't comment, if its a mess its your mess, as long as you know what's what it doesn't matter.

its a nice place to be..don't want it turning into a troll infested pit like some other forums(no names needed here, we all know where)

Chin up mate ;)

+1 :)

Guest plegdroid

WTF!!!! Some A-hole must have my username,because that ain't no comment of mine in that thread!

if this is relation to my above post, it's to do with a certain HTC phone thread and what took place on there, not aimed at any skate user, it's nice here, just for clarity. :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest PedroVader

WTF!!!! Some A-hole must have my username,because that ain't no comment of mine in that thread!

I know, I clicked on the thread while on my phone, and it was your name, went on the PC and it said C3CO. Clicked on the C3CO reply and up came your name, I knew you wouldn't be that scathing with a reply, and I doubt C3CO would either.....somebody aint playing nice over there.

I didn't even register, just replied as a guest and it let me use any username...wonder if he's having a convo with himself?