[ICS] [MIUI] MIUISkater for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 21/02]

Guest tilal6991

Guest JThumar

Guys i have enabled root access from security settings.......but link2sd hangs on trying to uninstall apps like Gmail etc which i dont use and they keep running.......anyone else tried link2sd on this ?

Edited by JThumar

Guest wrtease

can anyone make a video of the new rom working for other members to see it .

and well done tilal on making miui to the skate.

Edited by wrtease

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Guys i have enabled root access from security settings.......but link2sd hangs on trying to uninstall apps like Gmail etc which i dont use and they keep running.......anyone else tried link2sd on this ?

I would try using Titanium Backup, freeze the app you want to remove first then uninstall it.

Guest JThumar

Have been playing around with this since last two hours as i am not able to put the phone down.....its that enchanting !!

1) 3-4 freezes

2) Not able to access gallery which is a known issue with ICS

3) Browser still is not 100% upto the mark. It becomes slow at times. Pages load on top of each other. Menu button kills the browser at times

4) Link2SD freezes if i try to uninstall anyting. There has to be some guide how to enable root on this from security icon.

5) There are few chinese language apps/menus in the tools which i dont care what they are but might be something useful

6) USB copy mode not available(if someone can help if its there)

7) Bluetooth - Known issue.

8) Live wallpapers seems to be not working i tried the nexus live wallpaper.

The amount of progress made on ICS and its stability is just amazing......hope down the line this becomes a full on ROM with missing bits and pieces....biggrin.gif

Edited by JThumar

Guest mrmonster

Absolutley Love this ROM!

Brilliant work tilal!

Its loads better than iceskater ROM in my opinion both functionaly and visually.

Can much more progress be made on this Tilal or are we limited on the OMC?

Also will the camera still depend on what Tom G comes back to you with?

Well done again.

Guest JThumar

Tilal using setcpu tells me that the ROM is not rooted......can you check why is root access not available for apps like link2SD,setcpu etc....i have enabled super user access in security app....

And i need to take few screenshots man....if you can let me know how to take themmm....

No reboots here as of now........i am scared of using browser which i think is main reason of reboots......

How often - is it boot looping or just rebooting?

Edited by JThumar

Guest tilal6991

Tilal using setcpu tells me that the ROM is not rooted......can you check why is root access not available for apps like link2SD,setcpu etc....i have enabled super user access in security app....

And i need to take few screenshots man....if you can let me know how to take themmm....

No reboots here as of now........i am scared of using browser which i think is main reason of reboots......

If you pull down the status bar then in the toggles theres a ellipsis on the top right corner - if you click that then a menu comes up that allows you to choose the toggles - one of the toggles is the one for screenshots.

Guest JimJam707

<slow clap>

Well done.

I mean, really. I deemed this impossible. And laughed at Jamie because of that.

You have earned your clap.

</slow clap>

:P

Anyway, well done Tilal for this amazing achievement! (and taking away an argument from Dan!)

Guest DanWilson

:P

Anyway, well done Tilal for this amazing achievement! (and taking away an argument from Dan!)

I'd laugh at your phone some more, but it is both off topic and would take away from this amazing feat of developings.

Wait, this is the Skate? Ah.

The Blade is a terrible phone.

Guest tilal6991

I've flashed this ROM, and after the boot, the screen just goes black, any help someone?

Just take the battery out and put it back in. That should sort it out.

Guest FuraX51

I have the same problem just like KMT2K ... I use 200Mb System partition with 2Mb of cache...

When the buttons light, the screen stay black, but haptick feedbacks are presents when I touch the screen.

Guest tilal6991

I've done that like 6 times, and still boots in to a black screen.

You have wiped data? If re flashing and wiping data again doesn't fix it then I think you'll have to wait until the next release when I get proximity calibration working. BTW what TPT are you using?

Guest tilal6991

I have the same problem just like KMT2K ... I use 200Mb System partition with 2Mb of cache...

When the buttons light, the screen stay black, but haptick feedbacks are presents when I touch the screen.

You'll need more than 2MB cache.

You have wiped data? If re flashing and wiping data again doesn't fix it then I think you'll have to wait until the next release when I get proximity calibration working. BTW what TPT are you using?

200mb 35mb but I can wait if it doesnt work, I'm quite content with your LiGux Rom.

Guest Frankish

Tilal the reboots are just a freeze then just like the phone booting normally. Works for a bit. Not tried browser so i know its not due to that.

Also i got a black screen on boot, aimed phone at TV and screen comes back on. Aimed it at me and screen eventually went black again...aimed at TV and screen on...see a pattern here? No more black screen after turning off auto brightness. I'd maybe compare the values in framework to cm7 rom or something even cm9. I'm guessing the MIUI framework may have the values for a different device?

Tilal the reboots are just a freeze then just like the phone booting normally. Works for a bit. Not tried browser so i know its not due to that.

Also i got a black screen on boot, aimed phone at TV and screen comes back on. Aimed it at me and screen eventually went black again...aimed at TV and screen on...see a pattern here? No more black screen after turning off auto brightness. I'd maybe compare the values in framework to cm7 rom or something even cm9. I'm guessing the MIUI framework may have the values for a different device?

Auto Brightness? Makes sense, I am sitting in the dark lol so I'mma put my light on and see if that helps.

Guest tilal6991

That makes perfect sense. The ROM has a setting that allows the device to completely be blacked out. If auto brightness was turned on with this enabled then that would make it not light up! Thanks Frankish - will fix that in the next release.