[ICS] [MIUI] MIUISkater for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 21/02]

Guest tilal6991

Guest JThumar

Superb mate.......hope we get it today .....tongue.gif

Well I just rebased the MIUI to the AU version and the CM9 base to my latest build and I have to say it's now even better!!!!

It seems smoother and there haven't been ANY reboots for me for the past few minutes. It's looking good!

Plus Bluetooth is fixed. :)

Guest Andymac1969

Well I just rebased the MIUI to the AU version and the CM9 base to my latest build and I have to say it's now even better!!!!

It seems smoother and there haven't been ANY reboots for me for the past few minutes. It's looking good!

Plus Bluetooth is fixed. :)

Thanks for all your hard work with these amazing ROM's, will the new build have working GPS?

Thanks

Andrew

Guest Frankish
Nice work lalit. Any news at all on the camera fix? Its the only thing keeping me of this rom

Trust me once Tilal knows anything he will let us guys know. He has said he hit a brick wall with this and is waiting for some ideas from tomg. Patience ;-)

Guest FuraX51

Well for me at this moment I still have 65% battery, since this morning (7am).

I use SMS/MMS app, browser, play games (Zombie Dash, Angry Birds, Ceramic Destroyer...) and since yesterday, I notice only 3 reboots (especially in the native killer manager). :P

It seems to be really good for the next Tilal ;)

Many ideas to reverse function of Home/Menu buttons please for my Starradict ?

Edited by FuraX51

Guest tilal6991
Well for me at this moment I still have 65% battery, since this morning (7am).

I use SMS/MMS app, browser, play games (Zombie Dash, Angry Birds, Ceramic Destroyer...) and since yesterday, I notice only 3 nuisance reboots.

It seems to be really good for the next Tilal

Many ideas to reverse function of Home/Menu buttons please for my Starradict ?

I'll release a patch for the next release.

Guest JThumar

No reboots today.......71% battery still there......i got a feeling while using Iceskater that battery drain was low compared to this one.....maybe coz of MIUI Engine.....

Edited by JThumar

Guest JThumar

Read somewhere its best to install MIUI fully charged........and recalibrate it once......

Battery life isn't bad at all, which reminds me, didn't reset stats after I flashed :wacko:

Reboots are hard on the battery though, small price to pay though...this is ace.

Anybody noticed how the market would rather queue large files till you're on wifi? These little touches are great, this is how android should be.

Can't wait for the fixes now, its my first taste of MIUI, I've gotta say I'd never thought I'd like it this much.

If this is meant to be arm6 only, this is amazing progress by Lalit, and his ICS is compiled on arm5 libs too..there's hope for Chrome beta yet! :lol:

Guest tilal6991

anyone got themes to apply yet?

I'm afraid it's unlikely themes will ever work because of the proprietary binary which MIUI uses to apply themes. It compiled for arm7 only. :(

Guest JThumar

Tilal are you going to release new stable version soon ? Any plans when ?

I'm afraid it's unlikely themes will ever work because of the proprietary binary which MIUI uses to apply themes. It compiled for arm7 only. :(

Hello Tilal :

this is what I've done and experienced :

- wiped data/factory reset

- wiped cache partition

- wiped dalvik cache

- installed ROM

- wiped data/factory reset

- rebooted (into MIUISkater)

after entering my PIN-code I get a darkgrey screen with "SIM network unlock PIN" with a bar on which I can enter a code, and 2 choices "Unlock" and "Dismiss", entering my PIN-code (the same I entered before) shows "Network unlock request unsuccessful" , selecting "Dismiss" continues to the Home screen

Powering off the phone showes the turning circle, which just stops turning after a few seconds ... after minutes of waiting had to remove the battery

Booted back into recovery to install the Google Apps ... rebooted ... same "SIM network unlock PIN" , same behaviour when selecting "Power off" (selecting "Reboot" on a third run also hangs the phone)

I 'm quite new to android, so my first question : did I do something wrong ?

PS : my device history : stock Medion Life P4310 --> AtomicMod V6 --> MiuiSkater (with each time before a new install a wipe data/factory reset - wipe cache partition - wipe dalvik cache)

Edited by I_Psy

Guest Colibri

Damnit! Ah well. Must revert to old ROM so. Thanks for the great work though smile.gif

Guest djcesc92

Tilal, in the next release, would be fixed the proximity sensor, i have installed the rom but still in the xiaomi boot logo, and then the screen goes to black, but the buttons still iluminated, and haptic feedback works, and i removed the battery many times and reboot , but i have the same problem every time.

A part of this , your job is amazing and i like it to play with this rom , i have the rom CM9, and its prettly amazing , except the problem of reboots, thank you for all your jobs, you're amazing.

PD: Sorry for my english, im spanish , and i still learning,