[ROM] Early Days Test CM9 Build

Guest Fuzzra

Guest Dazzozo

What does the logcat say. Plus have you added the gralloc and copybit from the Skate repo?

Yep, all the changes you pushed to the Skate repo I made in the Crescent's config. Checking logcat now - just reflashing, I needed a phone for the night.

Boom, logcat: http://pastebin.com/6a8VKCTw

I think I'll remove A2SD from the ROM and keep it as a separate zip for future builds. Probably just going to introduce problems.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest tilal6991

Yep, all the changes you pushed to the Skate repo I made in the Crescent's config. Checking logcat now - just reflashing, I needed a phone for the night.

Boom, logcat: http://pastebin.com/6a8VKCTw

You're missing libgsl and the adreno drivers for some reason. Try pushing that manually from the common repo. Maybe you forgot to remove them from the vendor repo?

Guest tilal6991

Also you seem to be missing the gralloc and copybit. Did you change skate to blade2 in the Android.mk of the folders? And add gralloc.blade2 and copybit.blade2 to you device file.

Guest Dazzozo

You're missing libgsl and the adreno drivers for some reason. Try pushing that manually from the common repo. Maybe you forgot to remove them from the vendor repo?

Sounds about right - I never even touched the vendor stuff. I just remove their entries from vendor-blobs, right?

Guest tilal6991

Sounds about right - I never even touched the vendor stuff. I just remove their entries from vendor-blobs, right?

Yes. But first I would try to adb push the files to make sure they work.

Guest Dazzozo

Very good progress but you are still missing the gralloc. See my post a few posts above about this.

Both copybit.blade2 and gralloc.blade2 I put in the device file last night. Not sure why they're missing.

Guest Dazzozo

How about pushing the gralloc.msm7x27 in the common repo to /system/lib/hw and delete gralloc.blade2.so from the device?

I don't see gralloc.msm7x27 in the common repo.

Guest tilal6991

I don't see gralloc.msm7x27 in the common repo.

Darn. Must have got rid of it. If you go 4 commits back and browse the tree you should find it.

Guest Dazzozo

Darn. Must have got rid of it. If you go 4 commits back and browse the tree you should find it.

Interestingly there's nothing with ".blade2.so" in the hw directory on the device...

Guest tilal6991

Interestingly there's nothing with ".blade2.so" in the hw directory on the device...

Well that's the issue. Try pushing the files to the device manually. That should work.

Guest Dazzozo

I'm stumped. Everything looks correct. And if your source changes are correct then I don't see why it's not working.

One last thing. In the common repo can you post the contents of BoardConfigCommon.mk.

http://pastebin.com/Md2vDkKM

Shall I open up a repo on github with the device config I'm using?

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest tilal6991

http://pastebin.com/Md2vDkKM

Shall I open up a repo on github with the device config I'm using?

Right. I have no idea why it's not working. Everything seems perfect but it just doesn't seem to translate into a working build.

I'll be on my computer later today. I'll see if I can come up with any more idea by then.

Guest Dazzozo

Thats a good shout.

After spending some time figuring out how to git (only having used mercurial in the past), I've got it up: https://github.com/D...vice_zte_blade2

Edit: I also think it's worth pointing out that your fix for the colour banding that I think you made in zte common didn't come through in the last successful build, and I'm not sure why. A lot of things don't seem to be ending up in the actual builds...

Edit 2: Done a bit of my own reading around the errors reported by logcat and I have a suspicion the problem lies in the kernel. Looking in to it.

Edit 3: Made some changes based on lupohirp's recent commits (genlock related) and poked around here and there, and, well, it's compiling.

Edit 4: Boot animation!

Edit 5: UI seems quite slow, and Trebuchet keeps force closing repeatedly. Logcat of a complete Trebuchet cycle: http://pastebin.com/WHdxMHiT

EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED seems of note.

Also going to mention that the kernel I'm using is now ics-skate-experimental with a merge of the defconfig provided for blade2 and Fuzzra's. I mirrored the change tilal made ("kgsl" -> "kgsl-3d0") and grabbed the new genlock stuff.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest tilal6991

The kernel on the ics-skate-experimental is not a good place to compile. It doesn't work. Just tested it.

Everything is a bit of a mess right now. If you give me until tomorrow Ill try to sort it out.

Guest Dazzozo

The kernel on the ics-skate-experimental is not a good place to compile. It doesn't work. Just tested it.

Everything is a bit of a mess right now. If you give me until tomorrow Ill try to sort it out.

I've got better results than the ics branch which gave me the Android logo, and even so, it was a bit of a learning experience. :P

Returning to CM7 while tilal works out what's up, and I fixed the camera issue - just need to support the front facing one now.

Edit: Might regret the choice of wording there. "just". It seems it's either the rear camera or none at all! If I enable both cameras in the kernel config, the camera app force closes with "E/MediaProfiles( 753): The given camcorder profile camera 1 quality 0 is not found" in logcat. If I just support the rear camera it works like a dream. I have a feeling this is something ROM related (missing something in the device config) instead of kernel, I'll look later.

Edited by Dazzozo