Absolute Noob. My first questions

Guest monographix

Guest monographix

I think, if i am not wrong, that the CWM way to install this rom is probably easier for me to do.

So if i understood correctly :

(note: I already have ( i believe) a V2a partitions layout, and CWM installed)

-- I can use this stock local Rom by using the recovery option from CWM excluding though its recovery.img and following those steps ? :

1. create a nandroid.md5 (have maybe some info what exactly is this, how is made, where is placed, how is used ?)

2. and then through CWM format boot, system, data, cache in mounts and storage, (4 wipes in total?)

3. Use recovery option from CWM , point to the stock Rom zip (with its recovery.img deleted)

Edited by monographix

Guest monographix

Thanks Razz. Lets try first the CWM approach then maybe :)

I think the only part i havent figured out yet is the md5 part. And can you please confirm the rest of the steps as i post them are correct ? :)

Guest razzmataz1478

Thanks Razz. Lets try first the CWM approach then maybe :)

I think the only part i havent figured out yet is the md5 part. And can you please confirm the rest of the steps as i post them are correct ? :)

Right about the md5 bit...download es file explorer and navigate to \sdcard\clockworkmod\backup and create a folder called stock_rom (no spaces) then put the system.img and boot.img in there.....to be continued

Guest monographix

this is code for using with the Terminal Emulator ? :

adb shell 

# cd /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/2010-06-29.20.22.53 

# rm nandroid.md5 

# md5sum *img > nandroid.md5

Edited by monographix

Guest razzmataz1478

this is code for using with the Terminal Emulator ? :

adb shell# cd /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/2010-06-29.20.22.53# rm nandroid.md5# md5sum *img >

nandroid.md5

OK first type su enter, then adb shell enter, then cd /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/*folder you created earlier* enter, then rm nandroid.md5 enter, then md5sum *.img > nandroid.md5 should work...

Guest monographix

thats what i did but i get an "adb: not found" message, so i thought to confirm if this code is refering to terminal emulator

Edited by monographix

Guest monographix

Thanks Razz.

Figured out the coding. its

su

cd /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/~~your custom rom folder name here without spaces~~ 

md5sum *.img > nandroid.md5 

Edited by monographix

Guest razzmataz1478

Thanks Razz.

Figured out the coding. its

su

cd /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/~~your custom rom folder name here without spaces~~ 

md5sum *.img > nandroid.md5 

Cool so you flashed it? Remember to wipe data and cache