[Development][ROM] cm9

Guest pier11

Guest lloco73

....... The discussions regarding sound lost in calls on froyo shows that for the pulse at the moment no stable rom exists above eclair - sadly - after years of work started by TomG and even after newer work from your and my side - even after support from experimenters like desalesouche who is willing to try millions of combinations of audio libs.

Do i note some resignation?

Me too i like all this latest roms (Stock froyo, cm7.2 , cm6.1) my prefered is the stock froyo, with some hacks, and i like it a lot. only exception is the calls going down. Apart from this is ok for the rest. For me the biggest evolution is kernel .32 that Pier made.

Guest pier11

Development stopped?

well looks like for my u8220 it's the case.

Having only 128 MB regular RAM (plus 64MB hardly usable/accessible stacked memory) it's dieing under ICS...

appeared u8150, not even having GPU, is at advantage as having 256 MB RAM...

Guest pier11

then you can forget about the ics on huawei u8220/u8230?

well what I can say It did not make much practical sense on my u8220, other than to familiarize with great ICS functionality.

probably shall be better on u8230 - twice more RAM.

Guest anarkill

Maybe try to port MIUIv4 (based on ICS). It is in theory more fast than ics and more butiful

Edited by anarkill

Guest pier11

UPD: u8110/8120 have 192mb ram like u8230?

does that mean possibility to port ics for u8220/u8230? or not?

possibility does not necessarily mean usability.

according to pdadb.net

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=2252&c=t-mobile_pulse_mini_huawei_u8110

u8110 has 256 MB of memory, same as u8230.

In that same terms u8220 has 128 MB. (This can be seeing in dmesg).

Guest didije

Hi pier. One question. How did you got rid of that stupid mouse pointer in this rom. I'm playing with your first version, but it is very annoying.. Which files to take from your second version to make that pointer go away? Oh, and if you replace all ril files from second one to the first one you get mobile data working and signal is stable. One more thing, sorry if I'm annoying, but I cannot live without battery pecentage in the status bar, but in your first rom changing that option in settings is not working, so my question is: is there an easy workaround for that issue?

Sorry if I ask too much, but I'm still learning :)

Cheers

Guest pier11

Hi pier. One question. How did you got rid of that stupid mouse pointer in this rom. I'm playing with your first version, but it is very annoying.. Which files to take from your second version to make that pointer go away?

add /system/usr/idc/jogball.idc from the second rom into the first.

i don't know about battery percentage indicator...

Guest desalesouche

Hi pier. One question. How did you got rid of that stupid mouse pointer in this rom. I'm playing with your first version, but it is very annoying.. Which files to take from your second version to make that pointer go away? Oh, and if you replace all ril files from second one to the first one you get mobile data working and signal is stable. One more thing, sorry if I'm annoying, but I cannot live without battery pecentage in the status bar, but in your first rom changing that option in settings is not working, so my question is: is there an easy workaround for that issue?

Sorry if I ask too much, but I'm still learning :)

Cheers

Hi.by ril do you mean the 15 ril and bin/qmuxd?can you describe exactly what you have done? does the radio work?wifi?

thx

what i could notice replacing the 15 rils and qmuxd from cm9-20120309 to cm9-20120303 was: bluetooth is working... network operator is telling unable to scan for network.but if you select network automatically;it would register you on network...i call myself from another phone but nothing happened.couldn't receve the call.no ring nothing...canno't call from phone too.

Edited by desalesouche

Guest desalesouche

edit.if you do the 15 ril+qmuxd from last cm9 to first cm9 = bluetooth is working.network scan is not working but can select automatically and register on network...but radio is still not working...i also add wifi stuff but not working...

BUT doing the same thing+boot image from cm9-20120309= bluetooth working...wifi begin to work...

will try to play some more with libs but i am tired :blink: .long time trying...

edit: i replace libril.so from cm9-20120309 to cm9-20120303 radio is working. could call myself with other phone...but wifi seem to be dead again...

hope that cm9 work will succesfully finish one day...:)

Edited by desalesouche

Guest desalesouche

hi all. i think it might be interesting to rebuild cm9-20120303 in a similar way than cm9-20120309 with boot image from cm9-20120309.

i think it might merge by doing this something somehow better...i did some test (see my post above)...

if anybody can try or tell me his opinion about that idea.thx

Guest didije

Hi.by ril do you mean the 15 ril and bin/qmuxd?can you describe exactly what you have done? does the radio work?wifi?

thx

what i could notice replacing the 15 rils and qmuxd from cm9-20120309 to cm9-20120303 was: bluetooth is working... network operator is telling unable to scan for network.but if you select network automatically;it would register you on network...i call myself from another phone but nothing happened.couldn't receve the call.no ring nothing...canno't call from phone too.

Yes, all 15 + 1 of them and boot image. Radio and data are working fine, and so is wifi if you add wifi folder, replace wpa suplicant and wpa suplicant config and hardware legacy, all wifi stuff. Everything is working and youtube hq and lq out of the box, but because it is too slow video is not smooth and there is nothing we can do about it. We simply do not have the capability to run fast and stable cm9, even though everything is working just fine.

Regards.

Edited by didije

Guest pier11

You don't understand me.

Previously, I had a U8110. It does not have 256 MB of RAM.

And in U8230 not 192 mb, and 231 (testimony of this Task Manager). I can make a screenshot.

correct memory amount can be seeing in dmesg output taken soon after reboot.

I saw some u8230 dmesg logs and saw there 256 MB value. This amount is not entirely given to android. Some consumes kernel itself, some memory areas are dedicated to inter-processors exchanges. So that's why you slightly less in User Interface: ~231 MB, not 256 MB.

For Pulse u8220 the corresponding values are 128 MB and ~105 MB. Can be seeing in dmesg log.

Guest Dr Who

Would one way to tackle the low memory issue be to use something like easyfreezy to freeze processes not needed by the user? Somebody posted a really good guide to which services could be frozen on the pulse (can't remember ROM) to improve performance. Unfortunately I am having no luck finding the post/thread by searching.

Guest pier11

Would one way to tackle the low memory issue be to use something like easyfreezy to freeze processes not needed by the user? Somebody posted a really good guide to which services could be frozen on the pulse (can't remember ROM) to improve performance. Unfortunately I am having no luck finding the post/thread by searching.

it'd definitely help. Not sure to what degree though.

I've taken a brief look at new devices coming out with ICS on pdadb.net

So amount of memory is split there between 1GB and 512MB.

Same 512MB is used as a cutting point on cyanogenmod chart I referenced couple of post above.

Edited by pier11

Guest pier11

All situation with pulse's memory and isc reminds me Windows transition to Vista/7.

While PCs were very comfortable on 1 GB RAM running XP, the same PC could no longer comfortably run Vista.

Could Vista be run? Yes of course. Was it comfortable experience - No.

While just upgrading RAM to 4 GB made the same PC fly again.

Same with Pulse/u8220 and ICS. It's fine with Froyo, but not ICS.

Edited by pier11

Guest jen2057

Hola a todos he instalado el cm9 en mi huawei U8220 (operadora Movilnet Venezuela) y hasta los momento funciona bien, me puedo conectar al wifi (solo que no puedo utilzar la mac address de mi celular por no funciona) al gps, el bluetooth, puedo enviar y recibir mensajes y hacer y recibir llamadas telefonicas, lo unico que no funciona es la camara.

Felicito a Pier11 y al grupo por esta ROM, igualmente espero que continuen avanzando en su desarrollo y resuelvan lo de la camara y el resto de lo que falta por incluir en la ROM CM9.

Saludos