[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest siggey

very very thanks and very kind

is the liquid still performing well?

Still fast, only a pair of random reboot (as before) in two days. Battery drain is a little worst than before, but I prefer a day like a lion than two like a sheep.. ;)

Guest Thmz159

About the battery drain: you can try rebooting the phone after unplugging the power chord. I'm still on LiquidNext 1.9.2 and I have a bug that, after charching, the battery drains VERY fast (6x faster as normal) when on standby. When I reboot my device the battery drain is normal. Don't know though if this bug is still present in ICS cause I haven't tried it yet.

Guest ozfunghi

Hi,

i'm looking for a new ROM. I've been using LN1.9 for the past six or seven months. Was very happy at first, but after a couple of months it became unstable, started freezing. Sometimes once a day... which isn't practical for a device you rely on all the time, both personally and professionally. Also, my battery would drain immensely fast since the last two months (since two weeks ago, this problem seems to have disappeared though).

So is this ROM stable and are all devices working? How is battery drain? Is there a decent (preferably superior) alternative to SDman or apps2SD built in? If i understand correctly, this is Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) right? How is the speed/performance compared to the stock ROM (2.2) or LN (2.3)?

I only want to make the switch if i'm 100% sure this is a complete alternative without compromise.

Thanks in advance to every kind stranger willing to answer some of my questions.

Guest lidoliberta

Hi,

i'm looking for a new ROM. I've been using LN1.9 for the past six or seven months. Was very happy at first, but after a couple of months it became unstable, started freezing. Sometimes once a day... which isn't practical for a device you rely on all the time, both personally and professionally. Also, my battery would drain immensely fast since the last two months (since two weeks ago, this problem seems to have disappeared though).

So is this ROM stable and are all devices working? How is battery drain? Is there a decent (preferably superior) alternative to SDman or apps2SD built in? If i understand correctly, this is Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) right? How is the speed/performance compared to the stock ROM (2.2) or LN (2.3)?

I only want to make the switch if i'm 100% sure this is a complete alternative without compromise.

Thanks in advance to every kind stranger willing to answer some of my questions.

for liquid E is a easy way and for A1 is a job for searching stability.....cause small ram.

Guest Thmz159

for liquid E is a easy way and for A1 is a job for searching stability.....cause small ram.

The trick for small RAM is to optimize the memory autokiller from android. Use a script like the V6 script with high settings (mine are 8,12,30,33,38,42 now) or use the app Autokiller (= easier) and put in high numbers. How higher, how faster apps will get killed, but my phone is always smooth. Though real multitasking is more difficult then (using 2 heavy apps like Facebook and Browser at the same time wont work).

Real slowdowns and hangs occur when there is almost no free memory left. So you must teach android to kill apps fast enough before it's too late.

And @ozfunghi: if you want a really stable ROM, don't use this one, this is still BETA, not stable :) There are still some problems (like camera preview & camcoder) and I don't think it's better yet than LN 1.9.2. I suggest you reflash a bin and refalsh LN 1.9.2 for a fresh installation. :)

Guest lidoliberta

Still fast, only a pair of random reboot (as before) in two days. Battery drain is a little worst than before, but I prefer a day like a lion than two like a sheep.. ;)

today i've try new supecharge....before slowly,after run fast...sure! but i wait one day long

for change swap into recovery from 64 to 256 i must to do installation of app2sd only?and after i change values into supercharge? do you know? i think that some lag are caused from this different swap values.do you think so?

tomorow night i try this way,starting from backup sd and installation app2sd zip packages.....(my mission is to finish with acer that run fast and stable:-))))and after i can sleeping in peace :P :P

siggey :) i prefer a day like a lion...sure!!!!

good life and sorry for my english

Guest ozfunghi
And @ozfunghi: if you want a really stable ROM, don't use this one, this is still BETA, not stable :) There are still some problems (like camera preview & camcoder) and I don't think it's better yet than LN 1.9.2. I suggest you reflash a bin and refalsh LN 1.9.2 for a fresh installation. :)

Thanx man.

2 questions:

Does anybody have any idea when this will be stable and if it will be at least as good as LN (stability, speed, battery)?

And when you say reflash bin+LN for a fresh installation... does that mean i'll have to re-install everything+ settings etc? Or does it just write over the "system files" so to speak?

I've also read something about CM9 not using Malez Recovery?

Guest Thmz159

Thanx man.

2 questions:

Does anybody have any idea when this will be stable and if it will be at least as good as LN (stability, speed, battery)?

And when you say reflash bin+LN for a fresh installation... does that mean i'll have to re-install everything+ settings etc? Or does it just write over the "system files" so to speak?

I've also read something about CM9 not using Malez Recovery?

1. Nobody knows that, and don't ask for ETA's please, our great developers have their own life, and they choose where they spend their time on. :)

2. I don't know if LN1.9.2 would wipe everything but it's recommend to wipe manually in Malez for best performance. And then you'd have to install eveything again. But if you'd flash ICS you would need to do that too.

And yes, CM9 doesn't use Malez, it uses ClockworckMod. ;)

Guest Willem van Oort

No news from thepasto about new beta?

relax man, good work takes time!

I have one question about the ROM... I had a lot of 'remembered' WiFi passwords on my old ROM, i backed those up w/ titanium backup. is it save to place those back, because i know it was possible within 1 version of android.

And is it save to place back any other appdata?

Is there any other way to reset mobile network? Since airplane mode is not working well... because i used the Fresh Network app but it seems that they use airplane mode aswell.............

i am loving this ROM :) i don't know about battery life yet but it looks fine to me:)

Keep up the good work!

Guest after_silence
Here is fix for camera preview from n1 devs (you need to flash it via CWM, unsigned). Its works for us too. Edited by after_silence

Guest lidoliberta

hi i've s100

i want to istall the malez recovey but i've try everything and now i dont know!!!!:(

please help me. i want to return at gingerbread for to use better the telephon....thanks

nobody try to flash ginger with CWM recovery?

Guest lidoliberta

you need to flash malez recovery via fasboot for example.

hi after silence

hi've try script of command and it don't find device.i've just tried before for to istall CWM......fastboot is this?

Guest after_silence

you need to flash malez recovery via fasboot for example.

hi after silence

hi've try script of command and it don't find device.i've just tried before for to istall CWM......fastboot is this?

If it cant find device so you have a problems with drivers. Try to reinstall acer drivers from official site and to install Android SDK.

Here is a short description of fastboot laugh.gif

Edited by after_silence

Guest Ma7moud

Here is fix for camera preview from n1 devs (you need to flash it via CWM, unsigned). Its works for us too.

camera fix works biggrin.gif

thanks, i hope other things can be fixed too

Guest Darei

please i have an acer liquid e ferrari, but i can not use ADT to recovery stock rom

in CM9 rom ADT was not detect my phone

is there any solution?

I have flash CM9 from LN 1.9.2. with proper steps

Thanks.

Guest lidoliberta

If it cant find device so you have a problems with drivers. Try to reinstall acer drivers from official site and to install Android SDK.

Here is a short description of fastboot laugh.gif

hi i will try....thankyou

ps camera working for me...great job and thanks at developers!!!!!!!!!