[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest Ainillia

What do you think guys about the Samsung's Galaxy S3 ? worth his price ? What would be the/your "best" choice atm ?

Just to know...

Edited by Ainillia

Guest Ma7moud

What do you think guys about the Samsung's Galaxy S3 ? worth his price ? What would be the/your "best" choice atm ?

Just to know...

Samsung Galaxy S3 is really good.

Worth the price? I don't think so.

My best choice right now would be Galaxy Nexus

Guest Ainillia

goomanager says there is an update, but i cant find it?

is this false hope?

No Update. Maybe because ThePasto removed CM7.2/CM9 zip files from goo.im, so goo.im is a bit lost.

I think we all should just let the old phone go, it served us all well and should be warmly remembered. I just moved to HTC One X (: CM10 is so awesome! It is totally worth changing device.

Guest parvata

I think we all should just let the old phone go, it served us all well and should be warmly remembered. I just moved to HTC One X (: CM10 is so awesome! It is totally worth changing device.

Thanks for the suggestion. If you have the spare money you please move on. We do not have the same amount of money like you do and we (or at least I) would stick to the liquid E until it breaks down.

Edited by parvata

Guest parvata

Hi Guys,

as you can see on my postcount I'm new here and in the Smartphone as well as Android world.I posted this issue in the Ultimate Liquid Thread already but nobody responded so I'll try it here as well.

I purchased a slightly used, only couple of months old Acer Liquid E (or S100) with CM9. The first week everything worked fine. Later on the phone turned itself off, and the only way to turn it on again is to remove the battery shortly. This happens after a couple of minutes of inactivety. As long as the phone is connected to power source (PC or charger) the Acer won't turn off, just while on battery.

Does anybody know a trick? As I written above everything is new to me, so a dummy approach would probably be the right thing.

Thanks, banjo

Not sure if you are aware of any unix/cygwin tools but if you are could you connect the phone to the pc (using adbWifi app) and do the following on a cygwin or a unix console?

adb shell 2>&1 | tee ./logcat.log

dmesg

logcat &

And then keep the phone running until it powers off and then submit the logcat.log file with the issue that you saw? Thanks.

Edited by parvata

Guest parvata

installed cwm, wiped everything, made partitions, wiped all, flashed ROM, flashed GAPPS.

reboot

phone turned on !

removed old drivers, installed new ones from the 2nd post to install apps from my PC. (win7 32bit)

still, ADB doesnt work. phone works as MTP but not recognised when i used the APK batch installer tool (latest version).

went thru each n every comment, tried everything ! installed old drivers and removed new, had both drivers together. nothing worked :(

HELP PLS !

also, should i install dtapps2sd or is it already present ?

I do not have any issue connecting to the phone using adb. I am using windows 7 64bit. Driver installed is USB_Acer_1.0_A22F_Liquid E_Liquid E Ferrari. When installed driver details are Provider: Acer Inc, Driver Date: 20-12-2011, Driver version: 1.0.10.0

, Driver Name: ACER Composite ADB Interface

No, the ROM does not come with dtapps2sd. HTH

Guest Ma7moud

Hi Guys,

as you can see on my postcount I'm new here and in the Smartphone as well as Android world.I posted this issue in the Ultimate Liquid Thread already but nobody responded so I'll try it here as well.

I purchased a slightly used, only couple of months old Acer Liquid E (or S100) with CM9. The first week everything worked fine. Later on the phone turned itself off, and the only way to turn it on again is to remove the battery shortly. This happens after a couple of minutes of inactivety. As long as the phone is connected to power source (PC or charger) the Acer won't turn off, just while on battery.

Does anybody know a trick? As I written above everything is new to me, so a dummy approach would probably be the right thing.

Thanks, banjo

I think this is the sleep of death we had in the first Beta, follow the instructions in the first page to update to Beta-4

Guest Ainillia

I would like to make CM10 on Liquid but anyone knows how i can do it ?

- What CM10 source must i take ?

- Merge what ? Where ?

- Where to search fox Liquid's special fixes

I don't have the money to buy a newone so i would like to have a nearly Fully Working phone on Android ICS 4.0.4 or more.

Guest parvata

I would like to make CM10 on Liquid but anyone knows how i can do it ?

- What CM10 source must i take ?

- Merge what ? Where ?

- Where to search fox Liquid's special fixes

I don't have the money to buy a newone so i would like to have a nearly Fully Working phone on Android ICS 4.0.4 or more.

JB is not very much different from ICS unlike the upgrade from GB to ICS. Why not take the kernel from thepasto's github repository and place it on cm10 and start to work with this combination? thepasto has made cm9 work from kernel source off of chocolate kernel. Maybe others can recommend. Probably only thing extra that you are getting from getting JB working on liquid is the "buttery" feeling.

Guest Ma7moud

JB is not very much different from ICS unlike the upgrade from GB to ICS. Why not take the kernel from thepasto's github repository and place it on cm10 and start to work with this combination? thepasto has made cm9 work from kernel source off of chocolate kernel. Maybe others can recommend. Probably only thing extra that you are getting from getting JB working on liquid is the "buttery" feeling.

CM10 would be nice, but if its almost the same as ICS then we can expect almost the same bugs :(

And I don't know if there will be any "butter" on the liquid :P but we can try porting the N1 version while someone works on building it from source

EDIT: and Thepasto didn't delete anything from goo.im

the website owners were changing servers and an error happened that deleted all the files on the servers, they managed to get the important files back but they say all developers should re-upload their files

Edited by Ma7moud

Guest youpi666

i confirm the lost file problem on goo.im.

For the CM7.2 part, i will not re upload the lost file, because i've just build the last version and certainly upload it soon :)

Guest sanniep

I installed beta 4 the other day and everything went pretty smooth.

I have 2 issues:

1) I can't make outgoing calls :-( When I try I get the message (translated) "outgoing calls are not possible when the function for blocking calls is activated". I searched for this setting everywhere but could not find it. Anyone knows?

2) I am not able to move apps/appsdata to my sd card. The settings a2sd and ad2sd are turned on (manually via terminal emulator but most apps have the option to move to sd greyed out.

Guest shea83

i confirm the lost file problem on goo.im.

For the CM7.2 part, i will not re upload the lost file, because i've just build the last version and certainly upload it soon :)

Great!! I can't wait to flash it!! ;-)

Guest oli_ly

Hi ! I'm new here, and just tried your rom...

format() expects 5 arg, got 4.

also, since the cm9 isn't available on goo.im, do you know any way I can get it ?

cheers !

Guest Ma7moud

Hey, at this location only the image for cm9 exists. Is this for cm9 or cm10 that you ported? I can try your cm10 on my liquid E.

Its not booting, I'm trying to make it boot before uploading it again

Guest Blaze 77

Is this version of cm9 going to upgrade ???

cm10 ?

or improvements ?

i am eagerly waiting for this update since months .... please tell me the approximation of when it is going to be updated ......

thanx in advance

Guest Ainillia

Is this version of cm9 going to upgrade ???

cm10 ?

or improvements ?

i am eagerly waiting for this update since months .... please tell me the approximation of when it is going to be updated ......

thanx in advance

I'ts Thepasto who have the CM9Liquid source code, he was working for an udpate to make this ROM Daily usable. For now it's slow on A1, many reboots even tweaked, and there's a big problem about ipv6 i think. No one knows if ThePasto will push an update in the near future, probably no, because nearly nobody are supporting him. But who knows, ThePasto is a great guy, and it's holidays.

For CM10 Builds, it can be done. I've tried one but it's not booting. But CM10 builds will probably suffer from the same problems as CM9. Some guys are working on it to make it bootable.

Guest youpi666

Be sure that the update is not support related or what ! If no update is here, it's because nothing in the liquid adapt problem have progress. (some little progress on reboot on A1, but nothing usable for the moment) and ... it's holidays :P

Not a big problem on ipv6, in fact ipv6 work great, but eat the few memory which is necessary for a good use on A1.

For CM10, the liquid E problem would probably the same, but for the A1, if it use less memory than CM9 as it said (must be check) it could solve some problem on A1.