[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest ccorasaaa

Ciao Thepasto, per tutto quello che stai facendo e per tutto quello che hai fatto, ti ho offerto una una birra! Spero che tu sia in grado assieme ad altri sviluppatori di portare la CM9 stabile per il nostro smartphone! :)

[ Importo:€2,50 EUR

Inviato il:25 agosto 2012

Oggetto email:thepasto

Cordiali saluti,

PayPal ]

Edited by ccorasaaa

Guest alboz83

Ok i'm waiting, also for a cm10 thread, and i hope in a good a stable rom for A1. Sorry Ainillia, but you're using a cm9b4 in your A1? If you can it without too many problems, how did you set the rom? Thanks

Guest Ainillia

Mine nearly never reboots. But it lags a bit sometimes.

My "Tweaks" :

- Disabled IPv6 (May break GApps)

- Running AutoKiller Momory Optimizer Pro with Kernel tweaks enabled, and settings to Aggresive/Extreme

- Laucher in RAM for fluidity + Hard-to-kill Launcher

- EStrongs Task manager widget "Kill everything" for emergency (currently removed/Take too much RAM for me)

- Swapiness @25

- 256MB Swap, UHS SD card.

- compcache disabled/0%

- JIT disabled

- Dithering disabled

- 16bits transparency enabled

- Bitmap purge enabled

- CPU @576min-998max / SVS unchanged (can a bit push up values in case of hot reboots)

- uninstalled some system apps that are just here to eat RAM

- removed some apps @boot

Maybe some more tweaks here and there that i forgot, running CM9b4 on A1, i have ~70MB Free RAM

I've also compiled my "own" (CM9b4 tweaked copy...) ROM. But i've some problems with it ~~

Guest Ainillia

Use some root explorer to edit /system/etc/sysctl.conf

Add in the line:

net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1

This setting don't free very much RAM (3m>), re-enable it if you have connection problems, some apps/networks use it. Here in my country, no one have IPv6 so, no problem.

Also, i use Apex Launcher.

Edited by Ainillia

Guest Ma7moud

Mine nearly never reboots. But it lags a bit sometimes.

My "Tweaks" :

- Disabled IPv6 (May break GApps)

- Running AutoKiller Momory Optimizer Pro with Kernel tweaks enabled, and settings to Aggresive/Extreme

- Laucher in RAM for fluidity + Hard-to-kill Launcher

- EStrongs Task manager widget "Kill everything" for emergency (currently removed/Take too much RAM for me)

- Swapiness @25

- 256MB Swap, UHS SD card.

- compcache disabled/0%

- JIT disabled

- Dithering disabled

- 16bits transparency enabled

- Bitmap purge enabled

- CPU @576min-998max / SVS unchanged (can a bit push up values in case of hot reboots)

- uninstalled some system apps that are just here to eat RAM

- removed some apps @boot

Maybe some more tweaks here and there that i forgot, running CM9b4 on A1, i have ~70MB Free RAM

I've also compiled my "own" (CM9b4 tweaked copy...) ROM. But i've some problems with it ~~

Maybe post your tweaked ROM for lazy people or people who don't know how to make those tweaks, or a guide to do them. that would be great and i would love to try that

Guest Ainillia

Hum, i picked up tweaks here and there, mostly on xda forums, with a bit searching.. But actually i've more messed up the ROM than tweaking it.. It doesn't even boot :( Maybe i'll try another day, but mostly not.

And, on cm10, i've some error with a missing library, so i gave up.

Now i'm programming a 2D board game in C#, "Stratego" if you know.

I need some practice with Android ROM dev if i want to do something good.

Guest alboz83

Now i'm triyng cm9 again, i disable ipv6 and seem that gapps works. After a few tweaks the rom seems good, but the open applications is not very fast and when i reboot the rom, i have freezes often.

Guest Ainillia

When you boot, and arrive to pin code/or just after, let your phone idle for ~1min/1min30. "Boot-used" RAM must unload, or you will lag abominably/freeze. After, it's nearly normal use. And for slow apps, it's for every app or some ? If so, what app ?

Guest alboz83

Ok ok thanks, after boot there are also autokiller tweaks that the rom load!! For the slow app, all apps are a bit slow (sms, phone, contacts), 4-5 second for open, but maybe it's normal. Every time some apps closes and i must reopen to use (how contacts, sms browser).

Guest Ainillia

if you don't use system-services like text-to-speech/voice control, delete their apps via titaniumbackup, like :

Text-to-speech/voice => Pico TTS and TTS Service

Audio Equalizer => DSP Manager

Google Talk => Talk

Themes => Custom Themes

Stats => Cyanogedmod stats

Find RAM-eating apps in Android services, also.

And don't use FaceBook/Twiiter Apps, they are literally RAM eaters.

Guest lupohirp

if you don't use system-services like text-to-speech/voice control, delete their apps via titaniumbackup, like :

Google Talk => Talk

Themes => Custom Themes

if thepasto want i can help with cm9 for A1. for cm10 i have difficult and i don't have time unfortunately. i can start after releasing the new optimized version of cm 7.2. i have so much experience with ics (i'm the developer of cm9 of lg p500) so i can help but i must download sources first.

Guest Ma7moud

if thepasto want i can help with cm9 for A1. for cm10 i have difficult and i don't have time unfortunately. i can start after releasing the new optimized version of cm 7.2. i have so much experience with ics (i'm the developer of cm9 of lg p500) so i can help but i must download sources first.

I don't think he would mind, maybe you can start and when he is back from holidays you can work on it together

Guest thepasto

Hi lupo,

My work is open for you all. Feel free to do whatever you want with my github repo :D

You've already my chat accounts so if you want, you know where i'm. I have a booting .35 kernel too to test.

Guest lupohirp

Hi lupo,

My work is open for you all. Feel free to do whatever you want with my github repo :D

You've already my chat accounts so if you want, you know where i'm. I have a booting .35 kernel too to test.

really?? can you update sources on github??i can help fix things :) i like too much kernel programming :)

Guest paulus4605

Since I am new in this matter I would like to know if I can use this CM for my acer liquid E Ferrari special edition?

secondly

I installed Malez recovery and used the Malez recovery image specificly for acer ferrari

made a backup with nandroid

and I was wondering what I need to do next in order to upgrade to this CM

can someone help me out here?

Do I just need to create a second partition on my SD card

rename the CM to update.zip

whipe my phone

flash with the update zip

is google play automaticly installed or do I need to do some additional work there to?

thanks for your help in this

Any help is higly appreciated

Paul

Edited by paulus4605

Guest alboz83

Google Talk => Talk

Themes => Custom Themes

Thanks Ainillina, but for now i reflash miui final because with cm9 i did not receive any sms (very strange)

Guest Ainillia

Since I am new in this matter I would like to know if I can use this CM for my acer liquid E Ferrari special edition?

secondly

I installed Malez recovery and used the Malez recovery image specificly for acer ferrari

made a backup with nandroid

and I was wondering what I need to do next in order to upgrade to this CM

can someone help me out here?

Do I just need to create a second partition on my SD card

rename the CM to update.zip

whipe my phone

flash with the update zip

is google play automaticly installed or do I need to do some additional work there to?

thanks for your help in this

Any help is higly appreciated

Paul

1) Flash CWMR via computer : http://www.mediafire.com/?tswznm9s48hbq1e

2) Partition SD-Card : [128MB Swap | 1-2GB sd-ext4 (for app2sd) | remaining GB normal/storage] via Advanced/Partition SDCard menu in CWMR /!\ will wipe SD

3) Wipe Data/Factory Reset and cache

4) Transfer https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-GKEo6FCWzwZlNnZ0tfRFFLWUU to your SDCard's root

5) Transfer http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip to your SDCard's root

6) Flash the files above via CWMR (firstly ROM, secondly GApps)

7) Reboot, it may take some time, after configure your settings/apply tweaks/...

Guest paulus4605

ainillia

-Flash is done correctly + creation of backup through nandroid

-step 2 to I am only able to create a swap not able to do the rest of the partitioning is this normal?

- should it be easier to transfer the files first to my sd card before I continue with step 3

how do I procede with this?

thanks again for your help

Edited by paulus4605