[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest titus95

most probably this will solve bluetooth issue temporarily, enable the bluetooth an then reboot the device with bluetooth enabled, i had a problem today and did this and it worked again.(try this with wifi too)

Yes I find this solution also, but the reboot is automatically for Wifi and sometime indefinitely.

Guest Kilvador

Hello to all!

Thanks for the great job!

I've installed today CM9, everything is fine for my Acer Liquid 256, but sms-led is not flashing. All notifications are shown like "Missed call". Instructions from 2 post are done. Could you help me please?

Guest Diljeet

Yes LEDs are not fixed yet they will be fixed in next release.

I think LEDs are not such a important part, many people complain for them, ok LEDs are helpful but not a really necessary part, most phone don't have LED notifications like ours.

They will be fixed soon what is the rush, till then enjoy so many other features of the rom.

This issue has been reported many times, so developers will consider this in the next release.

----

Alboz83 i will also try setting messaging app

Edited by Diljeet

Guest alboz83
Hello to all!

Thanks for the great job!

I've installed today CM9, everything is fine for my Acer Liquid 256, but sms-led is not flashing. All notifications are shown like "Missed call". Instructions from 2 post are done. Could you help me please?

You must set message application with white color. Click + in led notifications menu and select Messaging.

Guest Kilvador

You must set message application with white color. Click + in led notifications menu and select Messaging.

It's now WORKING! Really Thank You!

Yes LEDs are not fixed yet they will be fixed in next release.

I think LEDs are not such a important part, many people complain for them, ok LEDs are helpful but not a really necessary part, most phone don't have LED notifications like ours.

They will be fixed soon what is the rush, till then enjoy so many other features of the rom.

This issue has been reported many times, so developers will consider this in the next release.

----

Alboz83 i will also try setting messaging app

I understand, thank you for explanation.

In other ways, I've used CM9 a short time, but it's really hard for this device to carry it on ((( It means, that CM9 is really slow with bottom limit of 128MHz on CPU. Only when I've setted it up to 576 bottom limit and 883 top limit ICS speeds up.

And, I noticed battery drain: around 12% in 1 and a half of an hour.

Guest sanniep

This rom is really fast! My only problem is that i have way too much reboots (the ones in the middle of phonecalls are the most annoying :P )

I don't know if the devs experience this also. If not, is there a way i can log them to find the cause of these reboots?

Guest Diljeet

It's now WORKING! Really Thank You!

I understand, thank you for explanation.

In other ways, I've used CM9 a short time, but it's really hard for this device to carry it on ((( It means, that CM9 is really slow with bottom limit of 128MHz on CPU. Only when I've setted it up to 576 bottom limit and 883 top limit ICS speeds up.

And, I noticed battery drain: around 12% in 1 and a half of an hour.

Thanks for reporting about the LED, its finally working(Thanks Alboz too).

Well what i meant before was that, that CM9 is still under development phase(CM9 RC1 is the first usable rom for Acer Liquid A1 from all the releases before), so its beginning and the rom will be more user friendly in later releases.

Although i never experienced any big lags so far i didn't overclock(just set frequencies on boot and set governor smartassv2, you can also set max frequency to 920MHz or 960 MHz they are stable).

Battery drain in sleep mode was normal, less than or equal to 1 percent per hour(check cpu spy if deep sleep works or not).

Did you freeze text to speech applications?

also do you end the google services manually after every boot?

(These two methods got me away from lags and reboots)

Notification LEDS fix:

Go to settings->Display->Pulse notification light

Check Pulse notification light and Use custom values options:

Default : white color (default)

Missed call: choose a color different from white (Green for example)

Voice mail: choose a color different from white and different from the one you set above (Red for example).

And Add SMS/MMS application with default (White) color

It works for me.

Edited by Meos

On RC1, when I open facebook, phone triple reboot while loging in. Also a2sd doesn't work (when I put it to ON phone reboot, then I check it again and it's still OFF)

Guest Muhaimin

let me say something to all the users who has any kind of issues from the beginning, i tested this from before it got released officially here in the forums,

from then till now no issues at all for me now....

i see this rom super fast, usable, stable....

only one problem i has is camera zoom and low fps in camcorder.... but still manageable...

other than this no issues at all for me,

so i think all the issues that comes are causing because of installation problem from your side.

Guest titus95

Yes, of course, some people have the same problems, they have to make the same installation ....

I agree that this is a great ROM. BUT there's some very random. I had no BT but the wifi was OK, I redid the installation now BT is OK but the wifi causes reboot. In two days I had to redo the installation 5 times. swip factory, flash RC1, flash patch, format ext, etc.... what can I do more? a2sd works fine but not the swap (I have the correct partition on the sd).

Except perhaps go through a stock rom before a full reflash.

I do not think Thepasto done all this work for just one configuration (1 person) for whom everything goes well so we have something else going on. When something "stuck" it's good to know.

In fact, before the patch the wifi did not cause reboot, coincidence?

Edited by titus95

let me say something to all the users who has any kind of issues from the beginning, i tested this from before it got released officially here in the forums,

so i think all the issues that comes are causing because of installation problem from your side.

Hi, please share the Acer Bin you have used before this installation. For me it's 4.002.14.emea.gen1. But I'm also not sure if this still has any connection to the current situation. Previously when going from froyo to gb, this was important.

Guest Kilvador

Thanks for reporting about the LED, its finally working(Thanks Alboz too).

Well what i meant before was that, that CM9 is still under development phase(CM9 RC1 is the first usable rom for Acer Liquid A1 from all the releases before), so its beginning and the rom will be more user friendly in later releases.

Although i never experienced any big lags so far i didn't overclock(just set frequencies on boot and set governor smartassv2, you can also set max frequency to 920MHz or 960 MHz they are stable).

Battery drain in sleep mode was normal, less than or equal to 1 percent per hour(check cpu spy if deep sleep works or not).

Did you freeze text to speech applications?

also do you end the google services manually after every boot?

(These two methods got me away from lags and reboots)

I have stopped apps that you mentioned above. I need to wait some time for decide what's happened.

Other way, I installed this rom on CM7.2 from thepasto. May be I need to install it on 4.002.14?

Update:

Here is my battery drain...

3 h. 50m. and 33% of battery (( Internet and wifi is stoped, gps is stoped, Google aps are unloaded from memory.

post-887057-0-41719700-1350372612_thumb.

Edited by Kilvador

Guest Muhaimin

Honestly i dont know whats going on,

this is what i did,

installed CWM Recovery,

factory reset, wiped all, partitioned sd card with 512 mb ext and 128mb swap.

flashed the rc1 with toggle signature....

rebooted for 4 to 5 times,

installed the patch, rebooted 2 to 3 times,

installed a2sd,

disabled some unused apps,

enabled 2d hardware rendering for apps....

then started installing apps from play store....

later on for more speed i removed trebuchet and installed holo launcher.....

now i have the below mentioned apps installed in my phone:-

androzip

angrybirds seasons

ADVERTISING SPAM

barcode scanner

blood and glory

call blocker

camera ics+

camera mx

chainfire3d

chrome

color eye

dslr controller

extreme racing

file manager

jet car stunts lite

jumi cam

gta 3

maps

maxthon browser

mobile voip

nimbuzz

vignette

opera mobile

parking experts 3d

titanium backup

cam scanner

yesterday night i tried overclocking to 921mhz, and am still on it, without single freeze or reboot or much battery consumption.....

am happy with it now.....

Really appreciate for the great work thepasto :D

i hope its not the problem of the rom which you all are experiencing, i think its some error or installation mistake......

and bt and wifi and gps, all are working for me....

till now i havent faced any issue reported here....

the patch is also working for me, its fast wakeup now...

and not to forget, i also disabled lock animation....

Guest Muhaimin

Hi, please share the Acer Bin you have used before this installation. For me it's 4.002.14.emea.gen1. But I'm also not sure if this still has any connection to the current situation. Previously when going from froyo to gb, this was important.

no need to go back to the stock rom or anything, just reflash with all wiped and repartition

Guest alboz83

Honestly i dont know whats going on,

this is what i did,

installed CWM Recovery,

factory reset, wiped all, partitioned sd card with 512 mb ext and 128mb swap.

flashed the rc1 with toggle signature....

rebooted for 4 to 5 times,

installed the patch, rebooted 2 to 3 times,

installed a2sd,

disabled some unused apps,

enabled 2d hardware rendering for apps....

then started installing apps from play store....

later on for more speed i removed trebuchet and installed holo launcher.....

now i have the below mentioned apps installed in my phone:-

androzip

angrybirds seasons

ADVERTISING SPAM

barcode scanner

blood and glory

call blocker

camera ics+

camera mx

chainfire3d

chrome

color eye

dslr controller

extreme racing

file manager

jet car stunts lite

jumi cam

gta 3

maps

maxthon browser

mobile voip

nimbuzz

vignette

opera mobile

parking experts 3d

titanium backup

cam scanner

yesterday night i tried overclocking to 921mhz, and am still on it, without single freeze or reboot or much battery consumption.....

am happy with it now.....

Really appreciate for the great work thepasto :D

i hope its not the problem of the rom which you all are experiencing, i think its some error or installation mistake......

and bt and wifi and gps, all are working for me....

till now i havent faced any issue reported here....

the patch is also working for me, its fast wakeup now...

and not to forget, i also disabled lock animation....

For now, apart problem of flickering, the rom is fast enough, and really stable. The only difference with your configurations is that i use TWRP in place of CWM, 1024 mb ext and 256mb swap, i flashed CM9 RC1 without toggle signature. I use now Nova Launcher and seems fast, only the open applications is a bit slow (about 5 seconds). Might be useful to know the configurations of each of us (which launcher, performance settings, developer options, etc..)

Guest Ellenico

screenshot2012101610455.png

screenshot2012101610473.png

screenshot2012101610475.png

My battery has 3-4 months. It's a Cameron Sino Model with 3.7V-1500mAh-5.5Wh Lithium-ion.

Ever 2G/3G on

Sorry for my bad english.

Bug: fix BT don't work (notification status bar)....also Wifi (many blocks).

Liquid a1 and microsd class 10.

Configuration:

a-Launcher Trebuchet

Home

-transition effects standard

-scroll background off

Drawer

-transition effects standard

b-Developer options

-force gpu rendering on

c-Performance

Processor

-Governor Cpu "Performance" (it's very important)

-freq min cpu 128

-freq max cpu 921 (for me max stability)

Memory management

-all off

Surface dithering on

Transparency 16bit off

Now liquid a1 is fast and stable.

Thx all Developers.

PS: now JB on liquid a1 LOL

Edited by Ellenico

Guest Flikzor

Hi I have kind of a stupid question.. but when I wipe my liquid with the ROM on it doesn't it delete the ROM file?

Or is this not a problem? Otherwise I just go and flash the rom :)

Guest Muhaimin

Hi I have kind of a stupid question.. but when I wipe my liquid with the ROM on it doesn't it delete the ROM file?

Or is this not a problem? Otherwise I just go and flash the rom :)

what you meant to ask? didnt understood..

Guest DesertF0x

but when I wipe my liquid with the ROM on it doesn't it delete the ROM file?

Do you mean the rom file on the SD-Card? That is normal as the SD-Card is not wiped.

Guest Flikzor

I have a problem..

I'm trying to flash the unoficial salsa.zip but I get this error:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "salsa" || getpropt(ro.bE:unknown command [uild.product")]

E:Error in /sdcard/cm-9-20121003-UNOFICIAL-salsa.zip

(status 7)

Installation aborted.

Umount FS in main menu and retry.

I did that 3 times already and it won't work..

What should I do?