How to fix touch problem(advent vega, P10, 10S)

Guest alexzhou

Guest richardmlea

After flashing the HoneyIce 3.2.7 RC3 Chimera Edition, my touch screen is totally unresponsive. I tried flashing the factory 2.2 rom P10_image_20110411_v1.10.4_std_dev.exe but still no luck. I hit "back" button to start screen calibration and after the setup screen coming up, the touchscreen is still not working, not even a single area. I then tried reflash the factory 2.2 rom again and again. Any idea how to fix it. Thanks.

It sounds like the touchscreen controller is caput. The way to confirm this is to get a mouse (you will need to use USB host mode) and use the TSutility app on the test rom to check the firmware.

If it say FW version 99.4.8.0. Then the controller is probably dead.

Guest rchoi999

It sounds like the touchscreen controller is caput. The way to confirm this is to get a mouse (you will need to use USB host mode) and use the TSutility app on the test rom to check the firmware.

If it say FW version 99.4.8.0. Then the controller is probably dead.

Thanks for the reply. My tablet is now flashed with P10 shuttle test rom, when I connect a mouse to the usb port, there is no reponse coz its in peripheral mode. Can you tell me how to change to USB host mode?

Guest richardmlea

Thinking about it i dont know if the test rom has USB host support. I use a dock for trouble-shooting touchsceens so dont require USB host on the onboard port.

Try using the advent stock rom and hold the back button duing boot to get host mode, then install the tputility from here and check the touchscreen firmware version.

Guest rchoi999

Thinking about it i dont know if the test rom has USB host support. I use a dock for trouble-shooting touchsceens so dont require USB host on the onboard port.

Try using the advent stock rom and hold the back button duing boot to get host mode, then install the tputility from here and check the touchscreen firmware version.

OK, I flash stock rom from viewsonic coz my tablet is viewpad 10s, connect the mouse before booting up, the mouse works fine and install the tputiltiy from you, the fw is 99.4.8.0. Thanks for your help.

Guest richardmlea

OK, I flash stock rom from viewsonic coz my tablet is viewpad 10s, connect the mouse before booting up, the mouse works fine and install the tputiltiy from you, the fw is 99.4.8.0. Thanks for your help.

I have replacement touchscreen on the way from china if your up for repairing it. They should arrive next week. PM me if you are interested.

Guest listentochaos

Ive got a problem where after installing the P10_image_20110411_v1.10.4_std_dev rom, and rebooting into recovery. Im presented with this recovery screen:

Android system recovery <3e>

Android system recovery utility

reboot system now

apply sdcard:update.zip

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

Formatting MISC.....

Now im able to highlight the options using the up/down volume keys but i cant select anything. The power button just hides all the options and the back button seems to do nothing.

Has anyone else come across this or got a resolution?

Edited by listentochaos

Guest richardmlea

It sounds like you have bad nand blocks in your recovery partition. No big deal, this is the work around. At the point where you need to boot to recovery instead turn off the tablet, put it in NVflash mode and flash moddedstock version 2. You should now be able to select boot to recovery from the app draw. If it fails to boot try moddedstock version 1. One of them will work.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest reddragon105

I've got an Advent Vega here with a non-working touchscreen that is not responding after 3 attempts of installing the factory ROM. What else can I try?

I read Richard's post above, where he said to run the TSUtility to see if the touchscreen controller is broken - only problem is, I obviously can't install or run anything on the tablet without some way of interfacing with it, so I've been trying to get it into USB host mode so that I can use a USB mouse, but I can't find a method to do that without using the touchscreen - what's the best way of doing it?

So far, the only method I've seen to get into USB host mode without the touchscreen is to have VegaComb Beta installed, as it enables you to enter host mode by holding the Back button while booting. I have downloaded VegaComb Beta 1.7, but it's not an .exe file so I can't flash it in NVFlash mode, and I can't install Clockwork Mod Recovery with the touchscreen not working! Any advice/other workarounds available?

EDIT - Managed to get into USB host mode by using VegaComb, as described above. Installed VegaComb through Clockwork Mod Recovery, which I managed to install without using the touchscreen by using VegaTools! The utility does unfortunately say my firmware is 99.4.8.0 - so does that mean the controller is dead?

Edited by reddragon105

Guest peps1

Hi guys, could I get a little help?

Iv done the following:

Flash it on Nvflash mode.

after install, open P10. take out usb cable and charger. when the red word windows is coming, press "back".

and wait, don't touch until the language select windows is coming.

then you will find the touch problem is fixed.

And the problem is indeed fixed (thanks alexzhou! :) )

Id like to instal ICS, but just having a little trouble understanding how to do the following

then install recovery. and run recovery, select " mount & storage-----format boot, format cache, format system, format data", power off.

reinstall P10_image_20110411_v1.10.4_std_dev.exe.

after do it. then you can install any other ROM without touch problem.

Where do I get 'recovery' from?

ETA:Ok forund the Recover pack here:

But how on earth do you use it???? the instruction are not exactly noob friendly???? and I just get

"adb is not recognized as internal or external command on windows " in my CMD prompt?

please help.

Edited by peps1

Guest GedBlake

Hi guys, could I get a little help?

Iv done the following:

And the problem is indeed fixed (thanks alexzhou! :) )

Id like to instal ICS, but just having a little trouble understanding how to do the following

Where do I get 'recovery' from?

ETA:Ok forund the Recover pack here:

But how on earth do you use it???? the instruction are not exactly noob friendly???? and I just get

"adb is not recognized as internal or external command on windows " in my CMD prompt?

please help.

Hi, peps1...

Not quite sure what it is you're attempting do here, peps1... but if it is your intent to flash VegaICS, then follow my instructions here....

Whilst my guide is ostensibly for HoneyIce Chimera, the basic principles hold true for any nvFlashable ROM.

-----

If, on the other hand, I have got the wrong end of the metaphorical stick... then please advise...

GED.

Edited by GedBlake

Guest alexzhou

can install recovery on 0411, but need install z4root, then install recovery app. you can find it on modaco or xda.

but it's fast way, you install V2 rom again. v2 had built recovery. and then go to recovery. do "format".

install 0411 again.

now you can install ICS.