Discussion thread for ColdFusionX

Guest tilal6991

Guest plegdroid

yes me too, excellent battery life with the new rom, 12 hours on, been on Wi-Fi most of the day, browsing, done a few downloads, backed up the rom twice and battery now at 53%, it would normally be on charge by now.

Guest zycro

The battery life of the latest update is quiet good... After 2 days of very hard (mobildata allways on, some wifi, music playing, gaming, watching divx movies, active gps usage, etc...) only 1 night must i charge... And it's very-very stable... :D

I'm an addict of the newest, shiniest and coolest things... This rom is one of all... I love this rom :wub:

Tilal made a great job... Thanx...

Guest PedroVader

Same here, took it off charge at 6am, just about to go back on now, still at 20%, so much better now deep sleep is working as it should.

Guest hugobosslives

Is the Link2SD working, I can't wait so flashing as daily ROM now

yes working perfectly for me.

EDIT: thought i better tell you the details: working perfectly with the standard ext3 partition that clockwork creates

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest JetKun

Cheers man. Problem now is massive colour banding on any setting and hilariously slow internet browser. No reboots,a couple of hangs and its surprisingly stable! This gingerbread compatibility mode DOES slow down my phone if using GB apps

Guest hugobosslives

yer stock browser if unusable for me. i use dolphin or the armv6 compile of firefox.

and yes colour banding is pretty bad. on the installing an app screen it looks worse but it's only aesthetic so i can cope.

I havn't had a reboot since install and apart from the keyboard sometimes lagging (and the above) its pretty perfect

Guest JThumar

The hard to press soft keys can be fixed or that is not possible ? There should be some way of increasing its sensitivity of the pressing......blink.gif

Guest plegdroid

The hard to press soft keys can be fixed or that is not possible ? There should be some way of increasing its sensitivity of the pressing......blink.gif

there's something not right ,you should not have to press hard at all with the softkeys, on mine you only have to glance at it to register, really sensitive. do believe tilaz has mentioned somewhere about changing values in something or other to increase sensitivity. I'll see if I can find.

Guest JThumar

I have tried on 3 skates and in most of them the button shows key press animation but it does not execute the action.....i bet many would have felt this......if the button is changing as if pressed, then action should also be carried out......

there's something not right ,you should not have to press hard at all with the softkeys, on mine you only have to glance at it to register, really sensitive. do believe tilaz has mentioned somewhere about changing values in something or other to increase sensitivity. I'll see if I can find.

Guest razzmataz1478

I have tried on 3 skates and in most of them the button shows key press animation but it does not execute the action.....i bet many would have felt this......if the button is changing as if pressed, then action should also be carried out......

Same as me but its definitely not to do with sensitivity, touch screen lag or something

Guest JThumar

If its screen lag then why do we have to press button again ??

Same as me but its definitely not to do with sensitivity, touch screen lag or something

Guest razzmataz1478

If its screen lag then why do we have to press button again ??

It only does it to me when I have low amount of ram available

Guest plegdroid

It only does it to me when I have low amount of ram available

may be something to do with it, as I use an auto task killer, and may be the reason to why mine works ok, but your both having problems. mine has at least 250 meg available at all times so no low memory issues. had this sort of memory issues with my racer, and that's why I use a task killer, not ideal but works.

Guest WestWallPoma

Regarding screen lag ; I've found that the UI is a little "sticky" unless you bump up the minimum CPU speed to 250. You'll see a much better response time with that.

No idea how much this affects battery drain, but it makes the experience significantly more pleasant.

The only other issue that gives me the dry-boak is the rendering on Gmail and Browser. I ended up going back to CM7 ; still get my CM9 kicks courtesy of my trusty Touchpad although I really do miss the ability to flick my email on the Skate :)

Guest plegdroid

@Tilal,had an update for goo today, there's a test build available marked up as 11-03-2012, new build?

:lol: just tried it, it's your flipped version of cm7: lol:

Edited by plegdroid

Guest JThumar

Where ? Via root explorer ?

ok I've found tilaz's post re screen responsiveness,, you've got to add the line in build prop>

debug.performance.tuning= 1

:)

Guest plegdroid

Where ? Via root explorer ?

yes, system, build properties, long press on it, open with text editor.

I've not tested the line myself, so no responsibilty will be with me if it don't work, sets fire to your phone ect,:lol: would suggest you backup before making the change, once changed reboot the phone and see if it works.

edit, just tried it(in the interest of science) , and it's not turned my phone into a pool of plastic :D does seems a little more direct to the touch, but you'll have to make your own mind up if you perceive it to be better or not :)

edit #2 it feels less laggy overall also. scrolling, touch, everything.

Edited by plegdroid

• 2 months later...
Guest razzmataz1478

Is there a version of Adobe Flash that will work with this rom ?

I've been looking but can't find one.

TIA.

:)

No

Guest Josh92

Just reposting my question from CFX thread, basically gapps isn't loading correctly, it's installing successfully but no apps are appearing on boot, I've completely started from fresh but having the same problem, tried redownloading gapps with no success, not sure what else to try.. Was working okay before, but was having a problem with market comp so went to reinstall and now having problems.

System has 200mb, using 197mb as it should be.

Guest plegdroid
Just reposting my question from CFX thread, basically gapps isn't loading correctly, it's installing successfully but no apps are appearing on boot, I've completely started from fresh but having the same problem, tried redownloading gapps with no success, not sure what else to try.. Was working okay before, but was having a problem with market comp so went to reinstall and now having problems.

System has 200mb, using 197mb as it should be.

what launcher you using? which version of gapps? :)

edit also is it all gapps, or just specific ones missing?

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Josh92

what launcher you using? which version of gapps? :)

edit also is it all gapps, or just specific ones missing?

All gapps, default launcher. Lastest version (I believe), 29/04/2012.