Discussion thread for ColdFusionX

Guest tilal6991

Guest creedence

have you tried one of the on screen battery Widgets on market, or the miui battery widget which is a bar across the top of screen? :)

thank you. I have since discovered otherwise. So everything looks better.

Meanwhile, I've found it.  " update-reloaded-1.9b4-cm9-050712"

Here is the battery indicator is large.  

Thank you very much

Guest creedence

Dear plegdroid. Please do not be mad at me. I did follow your advice and not another. I am still grateful. another question: the battery consumption is pretty bad. you have some advice for me?

Guest plegdroid
Dear plegdroid. Please do not be mad at me. I did follow your advice and not another. I am still grateful. another question: the battery consumption is pretty bad. you have some advice for me?

Grab better battery stats from xda and let's see what's causing the drain:)

In view of Data2SD, the Titanium Backup FAQ explains support for the following three mount points regarding an ext2/3/4 partition :

/sd-ext/

/system/sd/

/data/sd/

Written by Link2SD (which does not move data), my device has a file :

/system/etc/init.d/11link2sd which includes :

mount -t ext4 -o rw /dev/block/vold/179:2 /data/sdext2 1>>$LOG 2>>$LOG

mount -t ext4 -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /data/sdext2 1>>$LOG 2>>$LOG

df reports :

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 2443004 69184 2249720 3% /data/sdext2

/dev/block/vold/179:1 29074432 14240416 14834016 49% /mnt/sdcard

For sake of Titanium I would like to see the Ext4 partition mounted at /sd-ext/

which is clearly not what df reports.

The question : can I achieve mounting of mmcblk0p2 at /sd-ext/ ?

I can see that /system/etc/init.d/ is not immediately an editable area.

Guest Skate Away

Why not use TuneIn radio?

I'm using Tune In atm and I like it, because I can get non-local stations :) but..it does use bandwidth.

So for me, Tune In is only for use over wi-fi, unfortunately.

That might be an issue for other people as well ?

Guest Ipecac9

tilal and C3C0, I hope you both realize how much you enhance the Android experience for lots of people. I mean, I am a student who tries to go trough university without loans, and when my last, long used phone broke I bought like the cheapest smart phone I could find. And now I sit here running Android 4.0.4, having paid a fraction of what other ICS users have. So lots of kudos to both of you. You've done so much good.

Guest Josh92

I'm using Tune In atm and I like it, because I can get non-local stations :) but..it does use bandwidth.

So for me, Tune In is only for use over wi-fi, unfortunately.

That might be an issue for other people as well ?

Consider Giffgaff, gives you truly unlimited Internet, unlimited texts and 250 mins for £10 a month (not contract), runs on o2 network so great signal generally I find, love it. Never worry about data usage, rarely use wifi.

Guest crnadakm

Why not use TuneIn radio?

As you can see I live in Bosnia so internet here on mobile network is kinda TOO EXPENSIVE !

Guest Josh92

As you can see I live in Bosnia so internet here on mobile network is kinda TOO EXPENSIVE !

Oops sorry, don't get that info on Tapatalk app.. Tis a shame.

Guest crnadakm

Oh no problems, I've mentioned it a few times here. It gives us a privelege to have one of the crapiest mobile operaters in the whole Europe.

And one of the most expensive as well!

Guest razzmataz1478

Consider Giffgaff, gives you truly unlimited Internet, unlimited texts and 250 mins for £10 a month (not contract), runs on o2 network so great signal generally I find, love it. Never worry about data usage, rarely use wifi.

Definitely not truly unlimited, as I've seen agents watching people who get near 5gb

Guest crnadakm

Definitely not truly unlimited, as I've seen agents watching people who get near 5gb

What do you do to get near 5GB on phone ? :D

I have 100 MB per month :D but I swithed it off cuz every additional 1 MB is charged 5 Euro Cents :)

Guest Josh92

I've got near 5gb a number of times and been fine, they still have no fair usage, it's only people who are using way over the top who are being spoken to. There was a thread going around on there about what to do about people using too much, seemed to be at least 10gb they were referring to. Either way it's far more unlimited than any other service I know of.

Guest razzmataz1478

I've got near 5gb a number of times and been fine, they still have no fair usage, it's only people who are using way over the top who are being spoken to. There was a thread going around on there about what to do about people using too much, seemed to be at least 10gb they were referring to. Either way it's far more unlimited than any other service I know of.

Ahh fair enough I'm on about 3 gigs at the minute, I'll try not to worry about getting to 5 now. ;)

Guest hugobosslives

meh you hear stories on people that have problems but in reality you are probably fine with giffgaff

when i started gg i didn't even realise the no usb tethering policy (as it is not well advertised and i didn't read the whole t&cs) and would use it with my laptop and easily knock out 6-7ish gig a month (my laptop is constantly downloading updates on my steam account and backing up with the cloud when idle)