Discussion thread for ColdFusionX

Guest tilal6991

Guest crnadakm

How scary is it when you turn off boot image and your phone sits there on green android for what seems like an eternity?

Imagine that green android offset to the right and with a lot of green lines on the top of screen :D

Guest the juggernaut

love all the work that has gone into coldfusionX. one thing im wondering is im wondering could you put soft buttons in the next build dont care if it is in the ROM itself or if it is a flashable zip but i will be upgrading to a San Diego in august and i like the soft buttons and i want to keep up with the latest builds as it is an excellent rom

Guest razzmataz1478

love all the work that has gone into coldfusionX. one thing im wondering is im wondering could you put soft buttons in the next build dont care if it is in the ROM itself or if it is a flashable zip but i will be upgrading to a San Diego in august and i like the soft buttons and i want to keep up with the latest builds as it is an excellent rom

You can enable softkeys in ColdFusionX settings now :)

Guest the juggernaut

thanks i didn't know you could do that and thanks again for pointing it out

You can enable softkeys in ColdFusionX settings now

Guest creedence
How is the battery behaving against logicmod or atomicmod? I'm having 2 days with light use on my skate, don't want to lose that

2 Days? Forget it!

Guest hugobosslives

i get two days when i don't heavy internet or lots of gaming. i.e. normal phone use (an hour phone+50 texts per day] with a bit of music and games.

i get just over one day if i do use heavy browsing or gaming.

Guest trueno2k

Just a question!?... I don't use the Email.apk client app at all!... And I was just wondering whether I can delete the exchange.apk file with email.apk files from the CFX zip file?... Is the Exchange.apk file needed for any other use?...

EDIT: Just noticed that the letter pop ups for the new CFX 28/06 build keyboard has changed?!... Was just wondering whether that was a framework change or the LatinIME.apk has been modified for this change???...

Edited by trueno2k

Guest trueno2k
I deleted all the files, both. Under the current system with titanium backup. Everything works perfectly.
I'm not with you?... Don't really understand what you mean?... So, can I delete the exchange.apk and I should be okay as its not required because I don't use email.apk ( tbh I haven't really tried out ics email.apk, so don't really know how it compares to other clients )...

And, is the new style letter pop ups whilst typing on the keyboard gonna stay or can the original cm style be reinstated?...

Guest trueno2k

Here's a question for you all!... Just wondering why people are still discussing off topic on the CFX dev & report thread when they should be posting this stuff on this thread???... I know I can be blamed for doing it as well, but isn't it time for off topic subjects to continue ranting on this thread than cluttering the main one ( which should only be used for CFX rom & bug reporting? )... Please don't bite me head for writing this and I apologise for this rant if it offends anyone, as the thread is getting really cluttered & I see noobs are finding hard to sieve through all the nonsense on that thread to acquire the solution their issues ( on that thread! )... Food for thought :P

2pence done... :P

Guest ukgnome

Here's a question for you all!... Just wondering why people are still discussing off topic on the CFX dev & report thread

People are creatures of habit and superstition. Sometime the only way to stop people is to physically restrain them :P

Of course I jest, about physically restraining that is. But the bit about habit and superstition is hard wired into us.

Here are 3 great websites that detail it better than me. (probably not the answer you was looking for)

http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/276/1654/31.full

http://www.psychology.uiowa.edu/faculty/wasserman/glossary/superstitious%20behavior.html

And my favourite http://vidallena.org/skinpal.htm - Skinner pigeons

If you don't fancy a read then in a nut-shell - people post on there because they posted once and got the answer they needed. They associated this with a place to get answers and so continued this method. I guarantee if you posted on that thread should I have 1 sugar or 2 sugars in my coffee you would possibly get an answer. That is because we have the superstitious belief that A, you'll get an answer and B, because people want to help they have a similar superstitious belief that by answering they are providing a service which makes them feel all fluffy.

Hmm, it's not often I get to go off on a psychology rant. many thanks for the opportunity :P You may now wake up

Guest tilal6991

People are creatures of habit and superstition. Sometime the only way to stop people is to physically restrain them :P

Of course I jest, about physically restraining that is. But the bit about habit and superstition is hard wired into us.

Here are 3 great websites that detail it better than me. (probably not the answer you was looking for)

http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/276/1654/31.full

http://www.psychology.uiowa.edu/faculty/wasserman/glossary/superstitious%20behavior.html

And my favourite http://vidallena.org/skinpal.htm - Skinner pigeons

If you don't fancy a read then in a nut-shell - people post on there because they posted once and got the answer they needed. They associated this with a place to get answers and so continued this method. I guarantee if you posted on that thread should I have 1 sugar or 2 sugars in my coffee you would possibly get an answer. That is because we have the superstitious belief that A, you'll get an answer and B, because people want to help they have a similar superstitious belief that by answering they are providing a service which makes them feel all fluffy.

Hmm, it's not often I get to go off on a psychology rant. many thanks for the opportunity :P You may now wake up

Nice rant.

Guest ukgnome

Nice rant.

Probably the reason I'm not supposed to browse forums at work. But getting back on topic -

Do you know the reason why the Nat West bank app no longer works on the latest build of CFX. I get the not compatible message on Play. It's not a biggie, but the build from may didn't have the issue. Not worried if you don't know, was just thinking.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest trueno2k

Word Up!...

Just updated to the latest YouTube app from Play Store & it's working on WiFi now!!!... Yippee!!!... Yeah!!!... LOL... :P

Seems that they've improved the HD videos, I've noticed there's less lag, choppiness & stutter, but, they are still noticeable!... So, for those that still need/want smooth playback HD is not an option yet!!!... :P Hope they improve it more soon!!!... ;)

Guest Mohamed Atiea

Any one noticed that when you open the notifications area on non-stock background the black area dose not cover the whole screen, i.e. status icons apper on the wallpaper background not the black layer above it.

Guest Josh92

Any one noticed that when you open the notifications area on non-stock background the black area dose not cover the whole screen, i.e. status icons apper on the wallpaper background not the black layer above it.

Could you post a screenshot? Pretty sure I didn't experience anything like that when I was on this.