Improve 3d performance

Guest Cyclothunder

Guest Maxsas360

Guys post yours which ROMS are you using

And post FPS in first and second test on antutu Thanks :)

SSnow Rls5 oc @691 1st test 60.5 fps (removed 60fps cap in build.prop) 2nd 23fps. Scores are in another post.

Edited by Maxsas360

SSnow Rls5 oc @691 1st test 60.5 fps (removed 60fps cap in build.prop) 2nd 23fps. Scores are in another post.

Maxsas360

Can you upload me your build.prop ? Thanks :)

// I have flashed patch .. . . but when i go to the system/lig/egl time of change files are 2008 . . . it is normally ? or i must copy files manually ?

Sory for bad english Slovakia :D

Edited by sqbo

Guest targetbsp

I know that. I raised the limit for benchmarks.

I was replying to the suggested raising of the max events per second thing. You snuck a post in inbetween while I was typing. :D

Guest Maxsas360

Just flash the zip with clockworkmod. The fps cap removing is just a stupid idea. You sacrifice battery life and use more power when it's not needed. Your screen shows no more than 60fps and you render more (ex. 100fps). Waste of resources and battery. .5fps does not really increase score. The line I changed is

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=120 120 is the fps cap.

Guest sumdumguy

Same file size but different files. ;)

Using these EGL libs gives me ~30 points more in AnTuTu 3D graphics test @604mhz. You can ignore the other instructions/build.prop stuff (at least Swedish Snow already has what's relevant of that).

I trimmed the package (removed just one config file :P) so all you have to do is flash it through ClockWorkMod. Would be interesting to know where these binaries are originally pulled from. Read those couple of threads at XDA and all I know that they're supposed to be "new".

will these work on most roms ?

Guest sm4tik

Using the libs only with CM7 (old kernel) I got a boost of ~50pts in antutu's 3d score, but lost almost 100pts from 2d. Using the build.prop changes as suggested by KonstaT, I got my 2d performance back to ~300pts. I wonder if the changes in build.prop would boost the original libs' 2d performance too? Anyway, a bit of a boost every now an then keeps a blader happy :D

Guest targetbsp

Right! It's taken me ages to work this out. Like all day lol. And you guys aren't going to believe me. :D

Firstly, my claim earlier that the build.prop stuff helps - wrong! KonstaT was right - makes no difference.

Secondly, the reason i saw a difference and struggled to reproduce it consistently AND the reason sm4tiks and my 2d scores are variable:

If, after a reboot, you let the phone sleep at least once, even for a few seconds, it will score 300 2d and 600 3d.

If you don't, it will score 100-200 2d and about 550 3d

In all cases I've left plenty of time for the phone to finish booting and double checked in a cpu monitor app.

As installing libs and editing build.prop requires a reboot, this is why my results have been all over the damned place all day! It depends entirely on whether I did my bench immediately following a reboot or did something else, let it sleep and came back to it. Nothing to do with any changes to build.prop. It's all in the libs

I've repeatedly tested this sleep theory now, with and without build.prop mods and I score low before my first sleep and high after consistently.

My scores now:

newegl.png

Edited by targetbsp

Guest sej7278

do we have to delete /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so as the flashable zip doesn't do that.....?

also the egl.cfg is different in cm7 than in the original flashable zip, so are we sure we don't need that too?

looking at the egl.cfg file we would either need to delete the .so file or use the modified .cfg file (to disable the regular android libs)

Edited by sej7278

Guest KonstaT

do we have to delete /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so as the flashable zip doesn't do that.....?

also the egl.cfg is different in cm7 than in the original flashable zip, so are we sure we don't need that too?

looking at the egl.cfg file we would either need to delete the .so file or use the modified .cfg file (to disable the regular android libs)

Or just flash the packgage from post #5.

It leaves libGLES_android.so and egl.cfg intact. If you decide to remove libGLES_android.so you should also remove the line from egl.cfg. Shouldn't make any difference either way.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest sej7278

If you decide to remove libGLES_android.so you should also remove the line from egl.cfg.

right that's what i needed to know - just seemed odd that the zip in post 5 doesn't remove the .so or use the new .cfg

so we can just copy all 5 files into vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/ to compile into cm7. i wonder has anyone submitted to jacob for his github

Edited by sej7278

Guest eirlysbill1

Same file size but different files. ;)

Using these EGL libs gives me ~30 points more in AnTuTu 3D graphics test @604mhz. You can ignore the other instructions/build.prop stuff (at least Swedish Snow already has what's relevant of that).

I trimmed the package (removed just one config file :P) so all you have to do is flash it through ClockWorkMod. Would be interesting to know where these binaries are originally pulled from. Read those couple of threads at XDA and all I know that they're supposed to be "new".

I do enjoy seeing you guys tweek the guts out of this phone, but it goes over my head, for the most part. Does this package make a lick of difference to the overall performance of the phone, or does it only relate to using 3D games?

Cheers, Bill

Edit: no need to reply, I can see the answer just below. Thanks

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest davidnintendo

Wow! There is a real improvement in 3D games! For example, Fruit Ninja was lagging on my phone all the time and now it just works perfect. There isn't a huge improvement on 2D though. 2D games like Angry Birds or Where's my water? still lag on the biggest levels. They lag a little bit less, but it isn't a huge improvement. I am using CM7 latest nightly, by the way.

Guest targetbsp

Or just flash the packgage from post #5.

That's pretty much all I ended up doing.

i wonder has anyone submitted to jacob for his github

I don't know but someone probably should. I can't see any downsides to them as of yet and whilst I don't myself play many 3d games (I play a LOT of 2d ones :D ) the significant fps boost in the sword fighting benchmark in antutu is pretty clear and these should benefit those who do 3d game.

Guest mitchde

i tried with BurgerZ 05. march build + new drivers.

First: Govenor has much effect. SMARTASSV2 vs ON DEMAND gets about 30% more GPU store. At least with Nenamark i verfied that much governor diff.

Thats my diff with the 2D/3D Antutu 2.6 Benchmark (SMARTASSV2, 710 Mhz)

post-894589-0-04414500-1331211335_thumb.

Nenamark V1 gives less diff : 24.2 > 26.1 fps . Govenor ON DEMAND gave only 16 /18 fps!