[ROM] Styx (CM6; updated 2012 05 25)

Guest twrock

Guest smhui

Yes, there is a bug with Simplified Chinese. I have added that bug to the list in the first post.

Unfortunately I don't even know where to start to try to find a fix. I am not a programmer. I doubt I can do anything to help. Hopefully someone else can. Sorry.

twrock,

I use traditional Chinese that there is no issue as ChinaT. Even it is a bug, I suspected it is caused when there is something related to the fonts used, or, to define a suitable font (file) for simplified Chinese (UTF-8, or GB2313?). I don't know how to cook the rom yet but it might worth to try to use a suitable font and/or font definition.

Just my two cents.

Guest twrock

twrock,

I use traditional Chinese that there is no issue as ChinaT. Even it is a bug, I suspected it is caused when there is something related to the fonts used, or, to define a suitable font (file) for simplified Chinese (UTF-8, or GB2313?). I don't know how to cook the rom yet but it might worth to try to use a suitable font and/or font definition.

Just my two cents.

Ok, that at least gives me a place to start to look. The font files are easy to replace. I can just copy them out of the TXG rom. (Did Simplified Chinese work there?)

Where are the fonts "defined" in the rom? That might be very easy for me to correct at well. If I know where to look, I can compare TXG and Styx.

Guest smhui

Ok, that at least gives me a place to start to look. The font files are easy to replace. I can just copy them out of the TXG rom. (Did Simplified Chinese work there?)

Where are the fonts "defined" in the rom? That might be very easy for me to correct at well. If I know where to look, I can compare TXG and Styx.

I just tried TXG-TW07 new flash and selected Simplified Chinese but looped in login of google but after I rebooted it became OK.

I have this idea because I have tried CM7.2 which I can't get complete display of even Traditional Chinese.

Hope this can help.

I'll fall back to my current TXG-TW07 after the test, so would ChinaT try more when needed.

Guest twrock

.... Only problem I have experienced is the no volume on a call and had to reboot , but that has only happened once . Dunno if this only occurs when you swipe the screen to answer the call , so have been alternating between that and pressing the green button to answer , but as yet the problem has not re-occured .

First, as I mentioned elsewhere, I have not had the problem recur since moving to the .32 kernel and setting my phone on GSM only. But I have no idea if either of those has solved anything.

This issue has been discussed over in the Stock Froyo thread as well. Pier is suggesting a fix by replacing libaudiopolicy.so: http://android.modac...ost__p__1915396

Pier's file is from the official HTC Magic rom.

I have also seen that the same file from the CM6.1.0 rom for the HTC Hero is different than both the original one in this rom (Styx) and the official Magic one that Pier uploaded, but it also can be installed if you want to give it a try. I have no idea if this helps or not with the loss of phone call speaker problem. Any of these three solves the volume problem in Pier's Stock Froyo rom (UM840).

Here are links to three options, all installable zips. I'd suggest that you start with the one from the Magic rom; that way everyone is testing the same thing, and if the bug is still there, it will be found more quickly.

libaudiopolicy.so-magic-install.zip (official Magic rom)

libaudiopolicy.so-heroCM61-install.zip (CM6.1.0 for Hero)

libaudiopolicy.so-CM611-install.zip (to return to the original one from this rom)

Edited by twrock

Guest twrock

I just tried TXG-TW07 new flash and selected Simplified Chinese but looped in login of google but after I rebooted it became OK.

I have this idea because I have tried CM7.2 http://android.modac...ost__p__1911585, which I can't get complete display of even Traditional Chinese.

Hope this can help.

I'll fall back to my current TXG-TW07 after the test, so would ChinaT try more when needed.

Some times if I try to do the first setup too quickly after the first boot, there is problem in any rom. So I really take some time to let the phone settle down before doing the setup.

Thanks for testing and giving suggestions.

Guest twrock

More testing on the Simplified Chinese problem.

I can confirm that I did not introduce this bug. The bug existed in dr.flo's v3 of the CM6.1.1 Stable port. (I haven't gone back to the very first version, but I'm guessing it would be the same.)

By looking at a logcat, I also discovered that the system attempts to read from the missing keychars file surf_keypad.kcm.bin, and thought maybe that would help if I added the file to the rom. No help. :(

Attached are two logcat files that specifically show where I switched languages. The first log is where I switched to Simplified Chinese (loc=zh_CN) and then back to US English (loc=en_US). In between those two switches, I attempted to open the Date & time setting. The second one is a log of me successfully switching between Traditional Chinese (loc=zh_TW) and English, with the same opening of the Date & time setting. There is no problem with that switch.

Since I really have no idea what I am looking at, maybe someone else can make sense of it. The record seems to show a lot of errors, but I'd have no way of knowing if they are errors and if they are related to the problem at hand. Any help is appreciated.

alogcat.2012-03-12-16-38-34+0800.txt (bug)

alogcat.2012-03-12-19-37-03+0800.txt (no problem)

Edit: You just have to love some of these logcat lines:

"debuggerd committing suicide to free the zombie!" :lol:

Edited by twrock

Guest Dante2070

Just installed, looking very smooth so far. While installing my default apps I noticed I couldn't install google goggles. Could this be related to camera tweaks (since the app heavily relies on the camera)?

EDIT: This app usually works from 2.1 up, so that's not the issue.

If, for whatever reason, this app will not be available for this rom, does someone know a good alternative?

Edited by Dante2070

Guest Kareem Vampire

This rom has the same problem with arabic as all cm6 roms but after installing the cm6-arabic-patch it doesn't boot it stop in the black screen with small "android" in the middle..... can any one solve this...

This rom has the same problem with arabic as all cm6 roms but after installing the cm6-arabic-patch it doesn't boot it stop in the black screen with small "android" in the middle..... can any one solve this...

Dude, seriously use normal sized font.

Guest smhui

Just installed, looking very smooth so far. While installing my default apps I noticed I couldn't install google goggles. Could this be related to camera tweaks (since the app heavily relies on the camera)?

EDIT: This app usually works from 2.1 up, so that's not the issue.

If, for whatever reason, this app will not be available for this rom, does someone know a good alternative?

I can't install Buddy Runner (com.sportbuddy.apk) in this ROM. From google play (market), it said it is not compatible with the device. The same apps can be installed in TX7 without issue.

Guest twrock

So it seems this rom will need to go through the same process in order to correct the Arabic display as TXG did:

I suggest again that if you follow the process of working with madmack and brightidea, you can probably succeed in getting it to work. Links to those two people are at the bottom of the first post in that thread (madmack's blog and xda links).

Please share anything you get working over in that Arabic support thread as well, so the knowledge will be pooled. Maybe someone else will be willing to start work on this and can solve this soon.

If you are waiting for me to work on it, you might be waiting for some time still. I have other things that are a higher priority for me at the moment. You have seen some of the other posts before yours that mean that this rom still has some bugs that are going to affect a lot more people than just those who need proper Arabic display.

So please, try to see if you can contribute to the solution. If you can learn how to get Arabic working for one rom, you can then work on getting it to work in other roms too. It will be easier for you to do it in the future as well for other new roms. You can contribute a lot for the sake of everyone who needs Arabic support! :)

(And, yes, when you use a very large font, you give the impression to me that you are yelling at everyone. If that was not your intention, maybe you can just use the normal size font.)

Guest buboo

I installed 5 days ago and looking very smooth so far but i have only one big problem ...my network connection turn off during call several times till now

Guest perseusng

I can't install "whatsapp" and "line" messager in this Rom and also got a message from google play market said it is not compatible with the device.

Guest NPeete

Hello!

CamSwitch is not working for me - first time it tried to move a file but couldn't find it, since then it says unknown environment here...

Camera app says No connection to camera. What should I do?

Edit:

I found the following in the /dev/msm_camera folder:

drwxr-xr-x    2 root 	root            80 Mar 19 15:26 .

drwxr-xr-x   14 root 	root          3820 Mar 19 13:50 ..

crw-rw----    1 system   system    246,   0 Mar 19 13:48 back_cam

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root 	root            25 Mar 19 15:26 msm_camera0 -> /dev/msm_camera/front_cam

So it looks like I just lost the front_cam device? :o

Edit2:

I've just relinked msm_camera0 to back_cam device so my back camera is working, but it looks like I don't have a front camera?

Edited by NPeete

Guest smhui

I can't install "whatsapp" and "line" messager in this Rom and also got a message from google play market said it is not compatible with the device.

So this ROM couldn't install the following apps:

whatsapp

messenger

buddy runner

As buddy runner need to send mail and make use of GPS, common point seems they need to get the phone to perform some message related functions.

Guest dr.flo

So it looks like I just lost the front_cam device? :o

Edit2:

I've just relinked msm_camera0 to back_cam device so my back camera is working, but it looks like I don't have a front camera?

what are the contents of /dev/msm_camera after a fresh reboot?

(it will be re-created on boot, so camswitch cannot really do any harm there ;))

So this ROM couldn't install the following apps:

whatsapp

messenger

buddy runner

As buddy runner need to send mail and make use of GPS, common point seems they need to get the phone to perform some message related functions.

I was using WhatsApp without issues on CM 6.2... Installed from market.

Guest smhui

(it will be re-created on boot, so camswitch cannot really do any harm there ;))

I was using WhatsApp without issues on CM 6.2... Installed from market.

I can install whatsapp as well. But Buddy runner still NG.

Guest NPeete

Strange, I have only msm_camera0 device after reboot...

Guest dr.flo

Strange, I have only msm_camera0 device after reboot...

Then you do not have (working) front camera. At least none that the kernel drivers can detect. Your cam sensor might be broken or it is of another type....

Otherwise msm_camera1 should be there...