How to root your HTC One X Tegra3 (for Windows, Mac and Linux)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest SozzaSinnian

The key with the current ways of rooting the HOX is not the methods but the fact that you have to unlock your device with HTCDEV.com first. If you don't do that then none of the methods will work. There's are a few ways of doing it as like with anything else, once an easier more practical way has been found then it doesn't make sense to do it the 'old hard way' anymore.

That's why many people are working to find an S-Off method, or at the very least an exploit so that we can unlock and fully relock without using HTCDEV.com and lose our Warranty.

Guest trojanere

This is the first Android device I have had.. I followed the instructions and it worked a treat fir time no problems. I heard there is an OTA so I grabbed a copy of the One_X_1.28.401.9_odexed.zip. My question is can I just use CWM with this to reflash the stock 1.28 firmware. i.e. copy it to the phone and use the update with zip or do I have to use a different method?

I would rather get a clear answer from here where the instructions are clear and work than another site that just expects you to know stuff or expect you to trawl through 4 years of posts to find an answer and don't have a tutorial section

Guest SozzaSinnian

Once you flash CWN trojanere open it and go to Backup/Restore and make a backup. That way you can always go back to your current stock setup should you not like any of the roms that you flash :)

Guest trojanere

That was the first thing I did ;) I been flashing things since you first could flash things... old school I am.. was just looking for Android specifics

Guest hassand

Will there be any other ways to root the One X other than the htcdev method?

Also are there any disadvantages to using the htcdev solution?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thunderc8

Hi guys, this is my first android phone and im gona get it this wednesday.

I have made too many flashes with my samsung omnia and i know the advantages of every flash i did, but im new to android and since my order arives soon i whant to know what are the advantages of rooting my HOX or generaly an android phone.

• 1 month later...
Guest Nuno Ferreira

hi all,

Is it true that unlocking and then locking it again, HTC can know it was unlock, there for voiding warranty?

If so is it because when unlocking it the CID is changed?

Would this backup method preserve the original CID > http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1581653

thanks

Ps. Sorry for the double posting, but i need to know.... ;)

• 3 years later...
Guest nope66

InsecureBootAndRoot r3 - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: a16bff582cb0e25fd3b422652d753ca7
How to use InsecureBootAndRoot - Windows, Linux and OSX

- Download the InsecureBootAndRoot zip file above and extract to a directory
- Put your device in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then turn on with the 'volume down' button pressed to enter the bootloader, then press the power button again to enter fastboot.
- WINDOWS - double click 'install-insecure-windows.bat'
- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-insecure-mac.sh' followed by './install-insecure-mac.sh'
- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-insecure-linux.sh' followed by './install-insecure-linux.sh'

The device will now flash the new boot image and reboot. Keep the device attached to USB and when it has rebooted, ensure USB debugging is enabled - the SuperSU files will then be installed.

Hi!

After this my HOX, wont start. when i turn it on it shows htc logo and then turns off. i can go in bootloader and in to the recovery, phone is recognized by pc and eveything else kinda works.

Any sugeestions why, HOX isnt turning on??

Edited by nope66