[2.3.7]joyOS iphone style port from Galaxy Ace

Guest anarkill

Guest desalesouche

i canno't connect to wifi...wifi is working but i can't connect.... it is staying on "obtainig ip adress"....

so i am trying to resolve that issue...

edit: i could repair it by adding some files from cm7.2.

i add from cm7.2 system/wifi to joyos system/etc/firmware the followings files:

ar6000.ko/caldata.bin.ar6102/data.patch.hw2_0.bin.ar6002/data.patch.hw2_0.bin.ar6102

you will have better wifi with that...:D i link you the folder to replace http://www.mediafire.com/?qgeiwlgx6xee4rr

test it and tell me :)

Edited by desalesouche

i canno't connect to wifi...wifi is working but i can't connect.... it is staying on "obtainig ip adress"....

so i am trying to resolve that issue...

edit: i could repair it by adding some files from cm7.2.

ar6000.ko/caldata.bin.ar6102/data.patch.hw2_0.bin.ar6002/data.patch.hw2_0.bin.ar6102

you will have better wifi with that...:D i link you the folder to replace http://www.mediafire.com/?qgeiwlgx6xee4rr

test it and tell me :)

I installed it before with the same method (zip by zip) and wifi worked for me without problems. I mean after all it's skinned cm7 with .29.

Guest desalesouche

I installed it before with the same method (zip by zip) and wifi worked for me without problems. I mean after all it's skinned cm7 with .29.

i had to do this to be able to connect and not staying with "obtaining ip adress"...but i will test again with original version..

or did i misunderstood you and you have done the same thing than me?

:mellow:

i had to do this to be able to connect and not staying with "obtaining ip adress"...but i will test again with original version..

or did i misunderstood you and you have done the same thing than me?

:mellow:

Nope. I just used the 3 zips in the first post and it just worked.

Guest desalesouche

you're right...i reinstall it again following instruction...and everything was fine about wifi connection....i don't understand what happened yesterday when i tried to connect to wifi....:) .i could notice that there is camera problem...somebody can confirm?

thx

Guest desalesouche

if you replace libOmxh264.so (164ko) from cm7.2 to joyos rom in system/lib you will get HQ and non HQ video with youtube...

i tested with neocore:28.5 fps but you can see only flash not the city if you replace libEGL.so (40ko) from cm7.2 to joyos rom system/lib then the city is rendering and you will have 25 fps score with neocore...

tested with fps2d: score 28.5 fps after adding libEGL.so(40ko) from cm7.2 score is 25 fps...

if somebody know a way to get better fps score.....just tell :)

videoplayback playing mp4 movies is very fluide and smooth and good sound it is a pleasure :D

Edited by desalesouche

Guest anarkill

i could notice that there is camera problem...somebody can confirm?

thx

For me camera works succesfull. In cm 7.2 it sometimes not respond...

if you replace libOmxh264.so (164ko) from cm7.2 to joyos rom

It's all very strange. All libs in /system/lib and /system/etc already from CM 7.2 29 in this rom. I don't replace any libs except libsqlite.so and libsqlite_jni.so.

P.S good news. Now I try to port miui from zte blade (based on 2.3.7) and it succesfull boot =) But I need adb drivers for 32 kernel on Windows 7 x64

Guest desalesouche

For me camera works succesfull. In cm 7.2 it sometimes not respond...

It's all very strange. All libs in /system/lib and /system/etc already from CM 7.2 29 in this rom. I don't replace any libs except libsqlite.so and libsqlite_jni.so.

P.S good news. Now I try to port miui from zte blade (based on 2.3.7) and it succesfull boot =) But I need adb drivers for 32 kernel on Windows 7 x64

it is lib from cm7.2 kernel 32

Guest LambOfGod

Hey Everyone, its been a while since i been here! but decided to mess around with my old u8220 again,

here is a WORK AROUND FOR RECOVERY ERROR for U8220

what you need:

• Firmware zip (from this rom)
  • nandroid recovery zip (to be extracted)

how to make it work
  1. EXTRACT the nand recovery zip as said for this ROM to sdcard
  2. COPY the firmware to sdcard
  3. FLASH firmware from recovery
  4. ADVANCED RECOVER all but boot in recovery (cwm > backup and restore > advanced restore )

My MD5 sums were fine but it kept failing at boot.img, so i used the original firmware to get the boot.img installed and the base system. then simply recovered all the changed made from the recovery given :)

HAPPY DAYS!

Guest desalesouche

Hey Everyone, its been a while since i been here! but decided to mess around with my old u8220 again,

here is a WORK AROUND FOR RECOVERY ERROR for U8220

what you need:

• Firmware zip (from this rom)
  • nandroid recovery zip (to be extracted)

how to make it work
  1. EXTRACT the nand recovery zip as said for this ROM to sdcard
  2. COPY the firmware to sdcard
  3. FLASH firmware from recovery
  4. ADVANCED RECOVER all but boot in recovery (cwm > backup and restore > advanced restore )

My MD5 sums were fine but it kept failing at boot.img, so i used the original firmware to get the boot.img installed and the base system. then simply recovered all the changed made from the recovery given :)

HAPPY DAYS!

hi; i don't really understand what you mean as i am not really awaken today...:rolleyes: but is there a link? thx

sorry if is stupid question. as i said i didn't recover my brain yet...

Edited by desalesouche

Guest desalesouche

anarkill

Guest anarkill

anarkill

:) nice news...impatient to test...:D

It's not fully MIUI Rom. It's only port some parts of MIUI to Blade.

From MIUI it have:

• Contacts (some craches. replace by port - ExDialer)
  • MMS.apk
  • Phone.apk
  • MiuiMusic (replace with MDPI version)
  • Notes
  • Theme Engine
  • Launhcer (HDPI version have too big icons, replace by Espire or Tencent Desktop)
  • Download manager
  • File manager
  • Lockscreen
  • Status bar UI

In other parts - it's CM 7.

And because it have only HDPI graphics only - it occypies all RAM and so laggy. But if you OC this rom and use another laucher (Espire recomended) - not so slower.

Screen of port (in some screens I use tencent desktop)

42700f37bef91b.png

If anybody want - I can post slightly modified and slimmed-down version.

Edited by anarkill

Guest desalesouche

From MIUI it have:

• Contacts (some craches. replace by port - ExDialer)
  • MMS.apk
  • Phone.apk
  • MiuiMusic (replace with MDPI version)
  • Notes
  • Theme Engine
  • Launhcer (HDPI version have too big icons, replace by Espire or Tencent Desktop)
  • Download manager
  • File manager
  • Lockscreen
  • Status bar UI

In other parts - it's CM 7.

And because it have only HDPI graphics only - it occypies all RAM and so laggy. But if you OC this rom and use another laucher (Espire recomended) - not so slower.

yes please.i would enjoy.thx

Guest anarkill

I tried to port the full MIUIv4 on ICS. But it will not boot even to the black screen with title android.

Edited by anarkill

Guest anarkill

Xiaomi opened the source code of MIUI based on Android 2.3.7 and it is possible to port it to our phone like the CM 7.

But my knowledge of java and android is not enough for this, and Pier11 so busy stock froyo, that even stopped work on the ICS. sad.gif

Guest desalesouche

I tried to port the full MIUIv4 on ICS. But it will not boot even to the black screen with title android.

[/quote

downloading thx...:)

if you replace libOmxh264.so (164ko) from cm7.2 kernel 32 to joyos rom in system/lib you will get HQ and non HQ video with youtube...

did you test?

Guest anarkill

In the next two days, I'll try to rebuild joyOS based on CM 7.2 32

And tomorrow I post LiGux port and LeWa OS port =)

Edited by anarkill

Guest desalesouche

From MIUI it have:

it is not booting...staying on android.....

Guest desalesouche

It's strange. You install it via 2.5 recovery?

Maybe /system partition is too big for your phone.

I will try to resize it

i have a u823O.installed via 2.5.x recovery. the zip file is 135 141 ko.yes it might be too big.

Guest anarkill

Hm. I install it on u8230 and it works & any russian people run this rom succesfully on u8230...

But i try to resize it. Or post my backup =)