[ROM] Performance Rom 4.3b *Play Store Fixed* Must Apply Patch After Setting Up Play

Guest Pinguy

Guest Bolpa

Hi Pinguy, congratulation for your Rom: works very smooth...but i have a problema: i cant' see Gameloft game on Play store... could help me?

Thank you very much and good job :)

Guest Pinguy

Hi Pinguy, congratulation for your Rom: works very smooth...but i have a problema: i cant' see Gameloft game on Play store... could help me?

Thank you very much and good job :)

Unfortunately many of the Gameloft games won't show up in the Play Store when using your phone. You will need to get them from somewhere else. As where you get them from isn't 100% legal I won't be able to post a link where to get them from. Sorry :(

But when you do find the games they will work. When you install the game the first thing it does is download the full game. Before I changed the ROM id to HTC Desire S it used to refuse to download the extra data saying the phone was incompatible.

So if you can find the games .apk they will install and work, they are just not showing up on the Play Store. Once you have the game installed you can go to the Play Store and purchase the game though your PC to get the market license.

Edited by Pinguy

Guest Apodur

When I try to flash the rom the installation always aborted:

assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img","boot")

E: Error in /sdcard/PerformanceRomV4.3a_signed-Blue_ICS_themed-AD2SDX.zip

(Status7)

I believed pits a corrupt download but I have tried to download the rom more times and from different computers.

Please help and sorry for my bad English!

Pinguy please help me!

Edited by Apodur

Guest Bolpa

Unfortunately many of the Gameloft games won't show up in the Play Store when using your phone. You will need to get them from somewhere else. As where you get them from isn't 100% legal I won't be able to post a link where to get them from. Sorry :(

But when you do find the games they will work. When you install the game the first thing it does is download the full game. Before I changed the ROM id to HTC Desire S it used to refuse to download the extra data saying the phone was incompatible.

So if you can find the games .apk they will install and work, they are just not showing up on the Play Store. Once you have the game installed you can go to the Play Store and purchase the game though your PC to get the market license.

Ok Thank you very much!

Guest Pinguy

Pinguy please help me!

I don't know how to help you. The ROMs are fine. As you can see other people are downloading them and installing them fine. So the files are not corrupted.

MD5

PerformanceRomV4.3a_signed-Blue_ICS_themed-AD2SDX.zip

0c9c1460b70efeeab5fa1465523b4336

PerformanceRomV4.3a_signed-Blue_ICS_themed-Links2SD.zip

097bf1de015be4749f9fac7df1eefc7e

PerformanceRomV4.3a_signed-Vanilla-AD2SDX.zip

48a10d10d8ccd42a34c71ee156ce8595

PerformanceRomV4.3a_signed-Vanilla-Links2SD.zip

062ad31c981f35ea267b09298202b2b3

Make sure you are fully coping the ROM to the SD. Wait a minute after the ROM finishes copying to the SD and "safely remove media/unmount" the card. Also are you using CWM to install?

Guest Apodur

I have used CWM 5 from the link in first post.

I don't understand because I don't succeed to flash this rom, with Gingerounay and T&L I have no problem...

I have also tried to flash it on a fresh install of stock rom but the result is always the same!

Edited by Apodur

Guest Pinguy

I have used CWM 5 from the link in first post.

I don't understand because I don't succeed to flash this rom, with Gingerounay and T&L I have no problem...

I have also tried to flash it on a fresh install of stock rom but the result is always the same!

Please read this and find out if the MD5 are the same as what I posted.

http://blog.pinguyos...y-should-i-care

Here is a windows app to check the MD5: http://www.softpedia...MD5-Check.shtml

Edited by Pinguy

Guest Pinguy

MD5 checksums match.

I don't understanding where the problem is,I think that I am forced to remain with Gingerounay :(

Do the MD5 match the ROM on the SD card? It has happened to me more then once, where the file becomes corrupted copying the ROM from the PC to the SD Card.

The safest way I have found to copy the ROM to the SD is to do it from inside CWM.

CWM > mounts and storage > mount USB storage

EDIT#

Just read up on Status7 error. You are not trying to flash this over Android OS, v2.2 (Froyo) are you?

You said Gingerounay and T&L work, and as they have Froyo versions its a pretty safe bet that you are running Froyo and thats why you can't install this ROM.

You need to have Gingerbread installed first: http://android.modac...n-your-sd-root/

If its not that edit the update script.

Open the zip with winrar and find: /META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script

Open it and edit this:

write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img","boot")
To this:

ui_print("Flashing Boot.img...");

package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p5");

ui_print("Kernel imaged flashed...");

ui_print(" ");[/code]

http://androidforums...8662-post2.html

Edited by Pinguy

Guest Pinguy

thanks for the help, I don't now have the time to try but as soon as I am able I will do it and I will make you know

Can you just check to see if you are running Froyo?

Settings> About phone > Android version

If it doesn't say 2.3.6 then thats the problem.

Guest Apodur

I have postponed my appointments and I have tried to do as you have told (I could not wait, I was too much curious)

I had to flash the rom more times and after various bootloops at the end the phone will boot, now I enjoy this fantastic rom :D

You are the best, thanks very much for the help ;)

Guest Andy Paul

Nice rom but I'm experiencing random reboots of the phone.

I did a full wipe and installed the vanilla 4.3 image. Worked fine for half an hour or so then suddenly I heard the android boot sound... when I checked the phoned seemed to have rebooted itself. This continued throughout yesterday evening and if anything became more frequent.

Any advice gladly accepted.PS Also very slow to respond when I press the power button... In fact as i'm typing it has just rebooted and now the screen won't come on.

What have you clocked the CPU at? Also how high have you set the Voltage?

I've done nothing other than install the rom. Seems to have the most issues when installing apps via playstore.

Any other ideas as i'm still getting random reboot (not a full reboot, doesn't show the Acer logo and kernel boot screen, just the Android one).

Thanks

Guest fabiorino

Any other ideas as i'm still getting random reboot (not a full reboot, doesn't show the Acer logo and kernel boot screen, just the Android one).

Thanks

Increase the voltages a bit

Edited by fabiorino

Guest oRangeK

Hi,

What is the max. to clock the acer.

CPU, Voltage

Not sure, but I think it is 1612MHz @ 1225 mV. I got it from TechnoLover's post

Also, I have been getting a lot of information and files from this forum and I have used gingerounay for about half a year. Yesterday night I decided to give the Performance Rom a try. I went for the Blue ICS Themed Version - AD2SDX.

Previously having used the AmonRa-recovery, I now switched to CWM 5.0 which cannot make partitions on my SD card. So I used a partitioning tool for windows and 'accidentally' had my ext4 automatically set to logical instead of primary. This caused a buggy full-wipe in the recovery and the phone to hang at this screen. After hours not really knowing what I was doing and just trying random things, I decided to re-format and partition the SD-card. This time setting the ext4 to primary everything has worked fine!

This morning I continued to put more apps on my phone and saw this

• Once Installed please share your benchmarks (Would be nice to see what sort of performance other people are getting running the ROM)

So I ran a few tests as well, though with a bunch of apps installed already. I used SetCPU to overclock with the smartassV2 governor. The first test was at .122 - 1.4GHz without undervolt. Second test was at the same clocking speed with undervolting according to TechnoLover's previously mentioned post. And the third time I changed the MHz-max to 1.2GHz.

I have no clue what I'm doing or whether I am doing it right, but I'm posting it anyway as someone might find it useful.

Anyway, thanks a lot guys for making it possible for me to upgrade my phone like this, I'm enjoying it a lot!

post-946540-0-07824100-1335875614_thumb.

post-946540-0-24604600-1335875622_thumb.

post-946540-0-24539400-1335875629_thumb.

Guest toretto337

Pinguy i had the v3 version with link2sd and about 70mb free on internal memory..

I decided to upgrade to the 4.3a and i followed your instructions here:

You can keep your data and install the new version of the ROM. What you need to do is first make a backup with CWM of your current install, then flash the new ROM without doing any wipes. After the new ROM has been flashed go to backup and restore while still in CWM and select advanced restore, then pick your backup that you just made and select Restore data.

This should restore you to how you was before installing the new ROM but now you are running the new version.

If you haven't done it already I would install this version of CWM as it works with SD-EXT so its easier to make full backups.

Please give feedback so I know how to improve the ROM.

everything is fine but now i have 40mb of free space on internal memory...why??

i have just the same apps, deleted system application like nofrills, fileexpert ecc and linked other system applications like maps, flash ecc

everything 's like before the upgrade but now i have only 40mb free..why?

thanks in advance

Guest oRangeK

There's this thing I forgot to ask before: Is it possible for me to edit the breeze lock screen? I'd like to have other widgets there.

And if I delete the breeze UI, does that also delete the current notification-bar and -menu? I'm using GO Launcher at the moment, so the breeze app drawer isn't important to me