[ROM] Performance Rom 4.3b *Play Store Fixed* Must Apply Patch After Setting Up Play

Guest Pinguy

Guest Pinguy

I noticed that 3D gaming was pretty poor on this ROM due to the memory profile in use. The phone kept going into a hot reboot playing memory hungry games. I have now modified the memory profile and it now works great. I am getting games running on the device that should never work on it. I also have a lot of apps installed that are running in the background. So even if you have many apps installed gaming will now work without doing hot reboots.

The new links are up on the main post.

Guest Doser

Hello pinguy,

I did a clean install and it is oké now.

Am I write that when I have a sd card installed with a 2e partition and configured it, all apps will be installed on the sd card?

Regards Doser

Guest Pinguy

Hello pinguy,

I did a clean install and it is oké now.

Am I write that when I have a sd card installed with a 2e partition and configured it, all apps will be installed on the sd card?

Regards Doser

If you are using the AD2SDX version then the apps will automatically be put onto the 2nd partition. If you are using the Links2SD version you will have to move them yourself or setup the app to move them automatically.

With the AD2SDX version you don't have to do anything but with the Links2SD version you have to manage the apps yourself.

Guest fabiorino

Pinguy can you do a clean gingerbread version of your rom? You remove all Acer's UI like T&l metal but with all your apps/tweaks. Thanks a lot for your work!

Edited by fabiorino

Guest Doser

If you are using the AD2SDX version then the apps will automatically be put onto the 2nd partition. If you are using the Links2SD version you will have to move them yourself or setup the app to move them automatically.

With the AD2SDX version you don't have to do anything but with the Links2SD version you have to manage the apps yourself.

Oké, and thank you.

Will the system apps also be installed on the 2e partition?

Regards Doser

Guest Pinguy

Oké, and thank you.

Will the system apps also be installed on the 2e partition?

Regards Doser

No. Only the data ones.

Pinguy can you do a clean gingerbread version of your rom? You remove all Acer's UI like T&l metal but with all your apps/tweaks. Thanks a lot for your work!

To be honest I have no interest in doing this. Some one should be able to put a pack together that will turn the Vanilla Version into a ASOP version. I am just making this ROM for myself and sharing it.

To help someone make the CWM ASOP zip I have started one that someone can take over and finish. It replaces most of the acer apps with ASOP ones but I am unable to get the ASOP lock screen working.

Performance_Rom_AOSP.zip

Guest Doser

Hello PinGuy,

I installed the AD2SDX version, but now the phone will not start anymore.

When i install the Links2SD version, the phone also wont start anymore.

I did a clean install.

Sorry, i tried it 3 times and now it works again.

Regards,

Doser

Edited by Doser

Guest Redflake

No. Only the data ones.

To be honest I have no interest in doing this. Some one should be able to put a pack together that will turn the Vanilla Version into a ASOP version. I am just making this ROM for myself and sharing it.

To help someone make the CWM ASOP zip I have started one that someone can take over and finish. It replaces most of the acer apps with ASOP ones but I am unable to get the ASOP lock screen working.

Performance_Rom_AOSP.zip

Pinguy, (You probably know this) You need to edit build prop to disable Acer lockscreen and Bubblenotifications.

Edit line acer . shell . mode=Enable to Disable.

I can edit put can't get a CWM update zip to flash build.prop.

Can you make update zip. Cheers.

Guest Pinguy

Pinguy, (You probably know this) You need to edit build prop to disable Acer lockscreen and Bubblenotifications.

Edit line acer . shell . mode=Enable to Disable.

I can edit put can't get a CWM update zip to flash build.prop.

Can you make update zip. Cheers.

Thanks, and no I didn't know I had to look there. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Here is the fixed version.

*Fixed*Performance_Rom_AOSP.zip

If you want to know how I fixed it, was I added this into the script.

busybox sed -i 's/acer.shell.mode=ENABLED/acer.shell.mode=Disable/g' /system/build.prop

busybox sed -i 's/acer.shell.contacts.mode=ENABLED/acer.shell.contacts.mode=Disable/g' /system/build.prop

Edited by Pinguy

Guest Andy Paul

Nice rom but I'm experiencing random reboots of the phone.

I did a full wipe and installed the vanilla 4.3 image. Worked fine for half an hour or so then suddenly I heard the android boot sound... when I checked the phoned seemed to have rebooted itself. This continued throughout yesterday evening and if anything became more frequent.

Any advice gladly accepted.PS Also very slow to respond when I press the power button... In fact as i'm typing it has just rebooted and now the screen won't come on.

Edited by Andy Paul

Guest Pinguy

Nice rom but I'm experiencing random reboots of the phone.

I did a full wipe and installed the vanilla 4.3 image. Worked fine for half an hour or so then suddenly I heard the android boot sound... when I checked the phoned seemed to have rebooted itself. This continued throughout yesterday evening and if anything became more frequent.

Any advice gladly accepted.PS Also very slow to respond when I press the power button... In fact as i'm typing it has just rebooted and now the screen won't come on.

What have you clocked the CPU at? Also how high have you set the Voltage?

Guest Andy Paul

What have you clocked the CPU at? Also how high have you set the Voltage?

I've done nothing other than install the rom. Seems to have the most issues when installing apps via playstore.

Guest Pinguy

*Update* Performance Rom 4.3a

This new version is now identified as a HTC Desire S, this is so you can install Gameloft games like Modern Combat 3. The HTC Desire S uses the same GPU and has the same screen resolution and size. The only main differences is it has a 1GHz CPU, but as the ROM is defaulted overclocked to 1GHz it has the same performance so can run all the games that the HTC Desire S can.

The Acer MT has no problems playing games but unfortunately its not white listed. This means most games will say the device is incompatible when its not. Changing the ID to HTC Desire S that is white listed with most games will make 99% of all the games you can get for Android run on the Acer MT.

As someone has asked me to do a clean AOSP version that removes all of the Acer Breeze UI I have now added a CWM zip called Remove_Breeze_UI.zip that will be placed onto the SD card. Once you have flashed the ROM if you flash that zip afterwards it will completely remove the Acer Breeze UI and use the default Gingerbread interface.

New links up on the main page.

Edited by Pinguy

Guest Mesme

hi pinguy

i' d like to thank you for the work with this rom ! I flashed the 4.3a version and it is awesome, very fast and smooth ! now also the internet calls are ok :)

I want to ask you just two little things: everytime i start to listen to music i have to tap the dolby mobile "auto" (even if it is already set) because it seems to be off.

The same thing happens with the voltage, i mean everytime the phone boot i have to set it like i want...

There' s a way to keep them permanent ?

thanks in advance

Edited by Mesme

Guest scotth324

If you push the settings key while in the voltage picking screen it gives the options to set on boot. This will keep the voltage levels.

Guest Mesme

If you push the settings key while in the voltage picking screen it gives the options to set on boot. This will keep the voltage levels.

thanks for the advice ! i didn' t know it, now it works.

...waiting for someone can solve the other question :)

Guest spicysomtam

Notice some strange power mgmnt issues when battery low on 4.2c; keyboard input really slow, so I just flashed 4.3 and will try that.

Not a serious issue, but model number reports 'HTC Desire S' :) You might want to fix that next time you spin a new build. Maybe you should put your PerformanceRom <version> in the build number? Give yourself some credit :)

Just moved over all my data onto a class 10 16Gb sd card (and 2nd partition ext4). Did all of this under Ubuntu. Next step is to try the AD2SX version.

Guest spicysomtam

Ah yes I see the reason for the HTC naming; sorry I missed that.

Finally got the AD2SDX version running. Its much faster, especially when I load up a heavy/memory intensive app like Dolphin browser (need to use this sometimes so I don't get the mobile websites). When I first boot the phone I get 164Mb free memory. Will do some Skype and sip calling tomorrow; expect both of these to be better. I use Skype V1 as its lighter on memory and doesn't have the ugly later Skype interface.

I re did my vote :P

Guest Apodur

When I try to flash the rom the installation always aborted:

assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img","boot")

E: Error in /sdcard/PerformanceRomV4.3a_signed-Blue_ICS_themed-AD2SDX.zip

(Status7)

I believed pits a corrupt download but I have tried to download the rom more times and from different computers.

Please help and sorry for my bad English!