What will be your next Android phone and why?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rferrett

Well not actually due my upgrade until July so not sure how the land will lay then. But I have an S2 that I love to the marrow of my bones (having come form a first gen HTC Desire).

My default position is I will probably get an S3, but I have to be honest the One X love here has given me pause for thought. Still need to see what the S3 rocks up with, got a feeling it could be a "blow everything out of the water" phone.

We shall see huh?

Guest Mark Dearlove

My contract is not up until August, but I am tempted to just stay with my HTC Desire running MIUI and save the cash. None of the new devices really excite me - with the exception of the Padfone, however I have seen rumour of a £700 price tag for that which is way above what I would be willing to pay.

Guest Sere83

Xiaomi Mi-One now probably.

Wanted something dual core with 1Gb Ram under £300. The EVO 3D didnt appeal as I hate sense but love MIUI. The battery performance seems strong too and obviously the dual boot is a touch too.

Guest mlynch01

HTC One X for me as well. I like what they did with Sense 4 by simplifying things and making it much less of a system bog. Also what they did with the camera's in the One series is great and that screen looks incredible, plus their build quality is always much better than Samsungs.

Guest TonyL

I agree with "jonmall1441" for me, as much as I really fancy the One X, its MASSIVE!! I only have small hands, most I do use two when rattling off an email or SMS, but invariably one handed use is necessary sometimes. it will just slip from my hands for sure - that said I do need to see one in real life.. having compared specs, its a little wider than the latest Nexus.

I also like the OneS. 4.3 screen, could have been a higher res screen - same as current Nexus (come on HTC, get wiv da program) and the ceramic case, brill. just dont get white though. I know Paul has said he likes it, looks like a girls phone. Black is a must, especially in finance where I work. ps before you all shout white doesnt equal girlie - Im gay and hate white lol

Anyhow, back to the subject.. Im hoping OneX comes out to me from Vodo on the 5/4... if its too big, will have to go back and then wait for the release of the OneS and GIII

hmm, decisions decisions. :rolleyes:

Guest jonmall1441
huawei ascend d quad xl is also a great option !

Very interested in the Huawei Ascend D Quad XL. Their own processor looks promising in benchmark results, although benchmarks mean nothing for day to day usage. 4.5" 720p IPS display has got me interested. Not sure if it includes NFC tho...

Guest Speculatrix

I have a DesireZ, and still love it, but would love a new version of it and if it had the following features I would buy almost immediately:

* dual core and 1GB ram

* more internal storage

* car dock connector

* at least 4" screen

If it had 4.5" screen, I would be delighted.

I have considered trying to import a Sam Captivate Glide from the USA into England, but there doesn't seem to be a huge community effort behind that device, not having the same internal hardware as Gal S2 is a bit of a problem. Maybe there will be a future version with the same internals as Gal S3?

I have been considering the Sam Gal Note, but whilst I like the stylus, I think the keyboard makes all the different to me.

I considered the Asus Slide, but I have no need of a tablet-sized device.

The padfone also looks quite interesting too.

Guest Webreaper

Hey Paul, so I just saw this: http://blogs.computerworld.com/19880/samsung_ice_cream_sandwich

Leaning towards a OneX now, unless Sammy decide that the S3 can have 'full' ICS because new users won't have seen the 'old world'. Luckily, a couple of colleagues are getting a OneX, so I'll be able to have a look and evaluate the screen, Sense 4, and stuff before making a decision... ;)

One thing I'd be interested to know, from anyone who's had their hands on a OneX so far, is how 'deep' sense goes into the OS. I run the Go suite of apps (Go Launcher, Go Locker, Go SMS) on my N1, so if Sense 4.0 is just the launch screen then I'm less fussed. The thing I worry about is if they've messed up the whole way the native Android contacts and email works like they did with the original Desire.... Anyone know?

Guest masterpfa

Although I have been impressed with the specs of the HTC One series especially the S and the X, I have tried a Custom ROM port of One V on my DHD , I must say I do not like what HTC have done with ICS with the new Sense 4.

As I have had the Galaxy Nexus since release date in the UK I have enjoyed the pure Google experience, this may have influenced my leaning towards a phone with as little Custom UI as possible, especially as previously Sense has been far and away my favourite manufacturer UI.

To get to the point, which I haven't done so far, my choices would be

1.Galaxy Nexus

2.Samsung Galaxy III

3. Asus Padfone ( a beautiful designed handset if the version shown is to be the final version)

4. HTC One X

If only HTC would have their best widgets as stand alone widgets that did not rely on Sense

Guest mark ryan

i want a 3.7-4.0" screen, dual core, 8megapixel, 16 gig storage, 1gb of RAM from ZTE or Huawei that sell the phone for approx £150 on a decent network!! that would be a definate upgrade from my ancient looking ZTE Blade ;)

Guest matt4321

i want a 3.7-4.0" screen, dual core, 8megapixel, 16 gig storage, 1gb of RAM from ZTE or Huawei that sell the phone for approx £150 on a decent network!! that would be a definate upgrade from my ancient looking ZTE Blade ;)

That will cost you a fair bit more than £150

Guest badgaz

It's getting on my nips that there aren't any reviews for the One X yet. A few high rated reviews for it and I'll be more than happy to take up one of the preorder offers around.

Guest jameslfc5
It's getting on my nips that there aren't any reviews for the One X yet. A few high rated reviews for it and I'll be more than happy to take up one of the preorder offers around.

I definitely agree with this, but I am probably going to get the One X because I am sick of AMOLED now (S2 AMOLED Plus and Nexus AMOLED HD)

Also game and app development looks promising with Tegra 3

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Guest gavken

I currently have an HtC Desire and have been very happy with it. I'm currently looking at the HtC One X or the Samsung Galaxy SIII (depending on the final specs). I was seriously looking at the Galaxy Note earlier in the year but it is just that bit too big for me. The other 4.7" phones seem about right. I want a big screen for the internet, but it also needs to be pocketable.

The big drawbacks for me on the HtC One X are the lack of removable battery, hard camera button and SD card storage. My contract is up next month so hopefully Samsung will announce the SIII and I can do some comparisons, though I must say I didn't enjoy the last Samsung phone I owned.

Guest The Alpha Gamer

The only one's I'm interested in atm are the Samsung Galaxy Note, and the Asus Padfone. Unless Sony suddenly brings out an Xperia Play 2, which I would instabuy.

Guest everett_psycho

We went for a play with new phones this afternoon for my girlfriend and she's torn between the s2 and Sony xperia s. I'm leaning towards the Sony for her, the display is absolutely stunning on it and being a year old and the refusal to update the galaxy s I'm not sure how long Samsung will care about the s2 for. It's tempting to nab a Sony for myself if she doesn't at £21 a month, as long as they sort out the ics update soon its a good first try on their own. I'd be intrigued to see what the HTC ones are like when they hit the shelves

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smurf25

With current phone available on market, I might go to one-x.

For me, phone is not just about high spec (cpu,etc - I'm barely playing games, mostly phone and photo function) but also must have "my-taste" body design and (un)fortunately, htc always can give me that (nexus one, flyer,sensation).

Since I can't buy a phone until june, so for future I will have more option in regards of body design, I might go to SIII or huawei ascend too, need to see and touch the real product after they released. If their body design and material do not fit "my-taste" or can't beat htc, then I'll go to one-x