What will be your next Android phone and why?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sonicicg

I will go for a SamsungGalaxy s3. Galaxy s2 is one of the best phones I have ever used. I'm prettysure Galaxy s3 would be even better.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Professor Frink

I'm looking at the Samsung Galaxy SIII and the Galaxy Note. A large screen (great for ageing eyes) and working USB OTG are must haves for me. I would be interested in the HTC ONE X but for the USB OTG issue. Still looking at others though. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Ymodem-G

I will be purchasing a Galaxy S3.

Initially, I looked at the HTC device. Unfortunately on my carrier (Rogers - Canada), the HTC One is lackluster. With a maximum storage of 16Gb and no MicroSD slot, the phone is nearly useless to me. Add to that, the HTC One's problem with aggressive task killing ... AND the problems with the Wifi, I'm not interested.

On top of that, that really nice white polycarbonate shell is porous and can be discoloured by things like your pants. HTC came close to me becoming a customer, but they fell short of the mark for me.

Guest smethrony

Currently I am using a Samsung Galaxy II.It is a great mobile.I heards a lots about samsung galaxy s3's features.I like its features.So I want to buy samsung galaxy s3.It is a latest version of the samsung galaxy s2.So samsung galaxy s3 will be my next android phone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sixedup

Fascinating reading previous posters choices & reasons. Mine are perhaps a little different:

1. I have a company-supplied network contract and can use whatever phone I like (BYOD)
  2. I've been using a ZTE Blade with CM7.1 and its been a truely *great* workhorse
  3. But I need a bit more performance (faster & dual cores?), a slightly bigger screen (4" ideal), lots of storage (microSD essential), and better battery life (easily user replaceable battery ideally)
  4. Size matters a lot to me. It's *got* to be easily pocketable (phones with 4.3" screens are really getting too big for me)
  5. I don't care about games, and camera quality doesn't have to be the ultimate
  6. Some of the Cyanogenmod features are now *must have* for me, so it needs to be supported (preferably under CM9)
  7. The phone isn't a fashion statement for me, so I have no need to have the very latest phone & bleeding edge features
  8. I'll be buying outright, unlocked and contract-free, so price matters.

From that lot, the best I can find at the moment is the Samsung Galaxy S Advance (the i9070). It's a fair step up from my Blade in all respects, it seems to meet almost all my requirements, and (because its only a mid-level phone) the price is pretty good.

The only questionmark is whether Cyanogenmod will support it or not. If not then I'll probably need to think again, but I've not seen anything else that comes as close to meeting my wish list at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Babydoll25

I have (ATM, subject to change):

Samsung Galaxy S III (TMOUS)

HTC One X (Int'l version: Tegra 3)

HTC Amaze (TMOUS)

HTC Rezound

I think I'm good for now.... :D

Guest sui785

I bought the ZTE Blade II a couple of weeks ago, biggest mistake ever coz I thought it was the same as the ZTE Crescent(since some stickied topics carried the same name).

Haven't been able to root it and the internal memory is really low(as it is with any ZTE phone).

Guest nvkid909

I would get a moto defy again, or one of it's variants. Longest I've had a phone for. Takes the knocks, can get it wet (rain, spills...), still no scratches. Not the best of the androids but does what I want, moto support is great. Honestly I never had a phone more than a year & after two this still feels new. Despite a minor hiccup along the timeline (earpiece failure, common fault) this just served to make it a very understated phone. Other people must like it if moto kept it going with a few new models.

It kinda reminds me of the old Neonode N2, only better. I prefer small phones.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a GS2 for a year now and although I don't want to change it, I'd only go for the next Google phone. This is mainly due to the speed of software updates and the timing of my contract ending.

Guest Sonny Atwal

i want a 3.7-4.0" screen, dual core, 8megapixel, 16 gig storage, 1gb of RAM from ZTE or Huawei that sell the phone for approx £150 on a decent network!! that would be a definate upgrade from my ancient looking ZTE Blade wink.gif

you will be waiting approx 2 years then would be my guess

otherwise you could spend £100 right now and just get a G300 now which is twice as good as your blade. my wife has went from blade to skate to the g300. tbh i dont know why you have not upgraded already. it costs pennies to do if you upgrade at the right time.

the blade sold for £95 on ebay and i only paid £90 for it, the skate cost me £90ish which then sold for £87 on ebay, the g300 cost £99 plus £5.50 for unlock, will most likely sell for £85+ when i decide to upgrade her.

therefore she has had 3 pretty decent phones over the past few years and it has cost her probably £10 per year to own them.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tiktok1

I'm with sixedup (post 55) for my requirements, although I would add the need for an LED for notification of missed calls, sms, email etc and a qood quality screen.

At the moment I'm using a Desire S with CM 7.2 stable, which fits everything on the list for the moment apart from processor, although am sort of looking for something a bit faster. Had a blade before that which was fine, but the screen and no LED made me upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CaptainHooks

I was really looking forward to buy Android 4.1 Jelly Bean it has the latest version of Google platform. Google has also announced that it plans to have Jelly Bean running on the Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus and Motorola Xoom.

Guest FordParker

Samsung Galaxy S II, will be my next android phone. It promises to be thinner, lighter, and faster than the Galaxy S that preceded it, while garnishing Android 2.3.3 with a set of Touch Wiz customizations that might actually enhance, rather than hinder, the user experience.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Samsung Galaxy S II, will be my next android phone. It promises to be thinner, lighter, and faster than the Galaxy S that preceded it, while garnishing Android 2.3.3 with a set of Touch Wiz customizations that might actually enhance, rather than hinder, the user experience.

Does the Galaxy SII not already run ics with jellybean promised for November.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Now bought the Orange San Diego since the price dropped to £170.

1.6Ghz Intel with hyperthreading

4" 1024x600 pixel screen (very sharp fonts and extremely responsive after my OSF)

16Gb memory (no SD slot)

GB but ICS should(?) be here soon

With LauncherPro homescreen, really slick and fast. Well pleased.

Guest NikitaLewis

Samsung Galaxy S3 would be my next android mobile. It has a small dimension which is easy to hold. Also the AMOLED screen is really superb.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JuneBugg

Samsung Galaxy S will be my next android phone. I thought of buying this from long time ago. It really has a handy look and also it has many facilities which I search for such as long battery life, Rich video format playback support and etc...

Guest Sonny Atwal

Got the HTC One X for £249 (smartfonestore Grade A) and spent £1.99 for unlock code which is a lot better at everything than my G300 which cost £105 including unlock

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RussellH

Want to get a new HTC, as I've had them for years and feel a sense of loyalty. Like the sound of the HTC One X+, but can't believe the UK version won't be LTE ready. The One XL seems to have the same flaws as the One X with regard to memory and battery life. Paul hinted that we might get the LTE version of the One X+ at some point, but wonder how long we'll have to wait. The Butterfly looks awesome, but suspect that's still a long way off in the UK, so I'm hanging on to see what HTC do next over here.