[ICS] [MIUI] MIUIFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 30/03]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Der_Floo

i flashed it like AOSP over 31.05 cfx build and it works so smooth :) this is MIUI tilal very very good :) but the lines bug is also here :)

for peaople with bootloops.

boot into recovery, wipe everything- install cfx-install miui- install gapps - reboot :)

Edit: Tilal how i can get root permissions ? i will set root exploerer in ES file Explorer to test Touchwiz 5 Launcher on MIUI. but i got no superuser message ?

Edited by Der_Floo

Guest razzmataz1478

i flashed it like AOSP over 31.05 cfx build and it works so smooth :) this is MIUI tilal very very good :) but the lines bug is also here :)

for peaople with bootloops.

boot into recovery, wipe everything- install cfx-install miui- install gapps - reboot :)

Edit: Tilal how i can get root permissions ? i will set root exploerer in ES file Explorer to test Touchwiz 5 Launcher on MIUI. but i got no superuser message ?

IT'S ABOVE YOU!!!!!! -_-

Guest alpineca

How to fix THEMING and SUPER USER - add this in updater-script(META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script)

1. Unzip MIUI v4 zip from tilal

2. Go to updater-script - META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script

3. Open file with text editor - best for this is Notepad++

4. Add this code AFTER LAST row with set_perm

set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/invoke-as");

set_perm(0, 0, 0755, "/system/lib/liblbesec.so");

5. Save updater-script

6. Go to main folder of rom, select META-INF,system and boot.img

7. Right click - add to archive, choose zip and archive it

IN RECOVERY

Wipe everything- install cfx-install miui- install gapps - reboot

Edited by alpineca

Guest zukriaksah

at last its booting :-) using 1-2-3 flashing steps, 1st CFX, 2nd MIUI-V4, 3rd GAPPS, reboot system. i extract the rom to edit updater-script, to allow theme & root access working, but root still not working, then i flashed superuser patch as recommended by tilal, now superuser is working, theme is not tested yet.

i got a problem with timezone, cannot be set, uneditable GMT 00:00 :-) after got a root access, i go to root explorer, system folder, edit build.prop, i add this line: persist.sys.timezone=Asia/Kuala_Lumpur, reboot my phone, now i hv a correct time :-)

Guest nathanmarck

How to fix THEMING and SUPER USER - add this in updater-script(META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script)

1. Unzip MIUI v4 zip from tilal

2. Go to updater-script - META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script

3. Open file with text editor - best for this is Notepad++

4. Add this code AFTER LAST row with set_perm

set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/invoke-as");

set_perm(0, 0, 0755, "/system/lib/liblbesec.so");

5. Save updater-script

6. Go to main folder of rom, select META-INF,system and boot.img

7. Right click - add to archive, choose zip and archive it

IN RECOVERY

Wipe everything- install cfx-install miui- install gapps - reboot

Doesn't fix root but might fix Themes as that's working for me.

Edited by nathanmarck

Guest mhstrijbos

Doesn't fix root but might fix Themes as that's working for me.

It doesn't for me. Trying to install the iPhone theme (even though I do not like it), but no succes..superuser access works fine after flashing.

Why would you install MIUI over CFX??

Guest zukriaksah

It doesn't for me. Trying to install the iPhone theme (even though I do not like it), but no succes..superuser access works fine after flashing.

Why would you install MIUI over CFX??

i tried a few times flashing this miui independently, but no luck, not booting at all, cannot pass through the ZTE logo, then i tried what had been suggested here, & suprisingly, its booted up nicely :-)

Guest nathanmarck

@tilal Has this rom been given super battery powers. I've had mine on since about 6PM last night and used it quite heavily until about 9 and it's only lost about 20-30% where on CFX it would be almost dying already

Guest bAzYx

I don't understand why installing CFX first would be useful. If you wipe everything (/system, /cache, /data), then install CFX, then install MIUI, all CFX files are overwritten by MIUI ones and any reference to remaining CFX files are gone...

I figured out that it, indeed, might proove usefull. Some apps/executables get added and hence are available

Edited by bAzYx

Guest Sidecar_jon

All I can get it to do is boot round to clockwork menue, multipul mucking round just lost all my SD card contents! Am I doing something stupid?

Guest bAzYx

It seems init.d support doesn't work as S2E which worked in CFX doesn't work on this MIUI build...

s2e is for cyanogenmod only. This ROM is based on AOSP. Use link2sd instead.

Guest bAzYx

I have only one problem with this ROM, the switches function in a very non intuitive way. On any settings page, if you click on an on/off switch, it reverts back after some time (or when scrolling the menu down then back again). I order to actually modify the switch's selection, you have to tap the text on the left of it. This will flick the switch and it will stay that way.

find that it needs a little time t get used to as you keep thinking you have the settings the way you want but have to come back to change them if you only just touched the switch and not the full text corresponding to it.

Guest nathanmarck

s2e is for cyanogenmod only. This ROM is based on AOSP. Use link2sd instead.

Is there any way to get it to work on this rom as Link2SD doesn't fit my needs?

Guest sui785

The Goo.im link downloads so slow(50kb/s), it will take 40 mins. :'(

EDIT: How do you even flash SuperUser if there's no more CWM lol??

Edited by sui785