[CLOSED 29-05-12]

Guest tillaz

Guest dreamfox

seems also that my antivirus and anti phone theft solution from Trend Micro(paid version) is also not compatible, dough it worked perfectly before...

What does one soft /mod makes it compatible and another dont? . what is the Android Market looking at? as it says immediately NOt compatible...

is it just some dtb listing somewhere or does the android market looks for some drivers to be present?

Guest Redstarr1

I installed the atomic mod last version R=13 and here are my findings and bug report:

1:

Some how, it does not want to play flash files on Internet. i tried to update, but i do not even receive the possibility to install flash player.

After a long search, on the adobe website, it says: phone is not compatible with adobe flash??? serioes issue that I would like to see solved.

2:It seems to take way longer to charge the phone as it was before. instead of 1 or to hours max, it now takes way longer. Has there been a change in power (charging) management? How can I get back at the initial charging mode?

Question 3:

I now installed from scrap/new install atomic mod all the apps I kinda like and need. Is there a way to BU all these apps, so that if I change the mod (for experimental purposes of coarse ;-) I can quickly install with one commando all the apps in a new mod? With what program shoudl i poceed?

Question 4:

I was kinda hoping to heave a new dialer with this mod as the original one does not let me change anything, even remain lights on for example.

Is there a way to install a better dialer (wich remains illuminated during a call) and on which we can program a drop call button, so that I know for sure the connection is stopped? Now i must fidle with the volume to get the light on, wait and then only be able to cancel the call, or to put on speaker or whatever...

Thanks for helping me out...

Answers to you questions:

Question 3:

I use Titanium Backup to back up my apps and settings. Press menu button, choose batch and from that list backup all your apps and data. Later you can restore your backup from the same list. There are more extensive guides on using TB if you google it.

Question 4:

Your screen should light up automatically when you take the phone from your ear, there is a proximity sensor built in. If your phone remains dark, your sensor has a calibration error. I've never had that problem so I can't really help you with that, but there are some guides about this problem on this forum. One of Tillaz's addons is the calibration program for the proximity sensor, just check the first post in this thread. In the addons you can also find a different dialer, but your problem is the sensor (it makes no sense to keep your screen illuminated if you make a call of more than 15 mins, drains your battery like crazy).

Guest dreamfox

Answers to you questions:

Question 3:

I use Titanium Backup to back up my apps and settings. Press menu button, choose batch and from that list backup all your apps and data. Later you can restore your backup from the same list. There are more extensive guides on using TB if you google it.

Question 4:

Your screen should light up automatically when you take the phone from your ear, there is a proximity sensor built in. If your phone remains dark, your sensor has a calibration error. I've never had that problem so I can't really help you with that, but there are some guides about this problem on this forum. One of Tillaz's addons is the calibration program for the proximity sensor, just check the first post in this thread. In the addons you can also find a different dialer, but your problem is the sensor (it makes no sense to keep your screen illuminated if you make a call of more than 15 mins, drains your battery like crazy).

Thanks for answer 3 and 4 and. will test titanium.

For my screen issue (going off while calling and staying off). This was already the case when original bought new in medion mod 1 month ago so, im sure this is not an atomic mod issue.

Will try the calibration and hope it will work better to call, and to end calls accordingly...

Thanks already for the nice job you guys did and the continioes updates and enhancements...

Still hoping to receive answer on questions 1 and 2, flash compatibility , and the way too long charging time that wasn't there before modding the phone.(also the incompatibility with Trend Micro antivirus and phone theft solution see additional treath before)

Edited by dreamfox

Guest RaTToX

There might be an update this weekend... will fix most known bugs and add lockscreen settings

Might be or will be? Yesterday i had to flash R13 again because the Camera does not work anymore (even after rebooting system, dont know why).

Maybe you can add this GPS-MOD to R14? Would be great and awesome :D

Uh, and one dumb and annoying question again: Flashlight isn't available for ZTE Skate, right? I dont believe this ^^

Gr33tz, RaTToX

Guest Redstarr1

I installed the atomic mod last version R=13 and here are my findings and bug report:

1:

Some how, it does not want to play flash files on Internet. i tried to update, but i do not even receive the possibility to install flash player.

After a long search, on the adobe website, it says: phone is not compatible with adobe flash??? serioes issue that I would like to see solved.

2:It seems to take way longer to charge the phone as it was before. instead of 1 or to hours max, it now takes way longer. Has there been a change in power (charging) management? How can I get back at the initial charging mode?

Question 3:

I now installed from scrap/new install atomic mod all the apps I kinda like and need. Is there a way to BU all these apps, so that if I change the mod (for experimental purposes of coarse ;-) I can quickly install with one commando all the apps in a new mod? With what program shoudl i poceed?

Question 4:

I was kinda hoping to heave a new dialer with this mod as the original one does not let me change anything, even remain lights on for example.

Is there a way to install a better dialer (wich remains illuminated during a call) and on which we can program a drop call button, so that I know for sure the connection is stopped? Now i must fidle with the volume to get the light on, wait and then only be able to cancel the call, or to put on speaker or whatever...

Thanks for helping me out...

Okay I hadn't actually read your first 2 questions :P.

For the first question, you should get the apk from this thread: http://android.modaco.com/topic/347442-working-adobe-flash-102-103-11-bbciplayer-streams-feeds/page__hl__flash . Now flash should work, but not fast, and Adobe Air is still not compatible. Normally there is no flash-compatibility for ARMv6 devices.

About question 2, that's something only tillaz can answer, but I don't think a lot has changed.. Maybe you should check your cpu-settings. A charger always delivers a certain power (like 10W), that goes straight to you battery. If your phone charges slower, I guess that just means it uses more power at the same time. Complete novice at this stuff. Give it some time, in my experience battery issues always set themselves right without fiddling around too much (and I just don't stay on one rom for long enough :D)

Guest RaTToX

iv mostly been working on the o2x lately... there will be an update though, im still testing some new stuff wink.gif

Aww Yea! Im waiting for that biggrin.gif

Guest dragonxpress

Totally lost it guys - used to be able to just download zip file, 3 wipes and install ROM via clockwork mod. I have just downloaded the R13 ROM but it's only 96MB and fails to install ? Am I missing something here or doing it completely wrong ?

Thanks in advance for answers to my stupidity ...

Guest dragonxpress

Care to elaborate more please ? I thought that the ROM file had to be 127MB for it to work ? Am I correct in thinking that all I need is the Rom.zip file and all the other stuff in the folder is optional ?

R13 filesize is 96.68 MB. MD5: dd187f5a9139eb52aa47cb500838b903

Maybe you can Download it from another PC.

Guest dragonxpress

Hi Guys

Been away from these forums for a while so have pretty much forgotten everything I learnt from all you generous lot. Last flash was ver 4 of Atomic which works fine (if it aint broke ...) tempted to see what these new ROMS are about but cannot seem to flash any of them with Clockwork Mod after downloading and transferring onto my SD Card ? I do the usual wipes and select ROM but after intiialising I get flash error message ? I then flash Atomic ver 4 and all is good again ? Am I missing something obvious here ?

Guest tillaz

Hi Guys

Been away from these forums for a while so have pretty much forgotten everything I learnt from all you generous lot. Last flash was ver 4 of Atomic which works fine (if it aint broke ...) tempted to see what these new ROMS are about but cannot seem to flash any of them with Clockwork Mod after downloading and transferring onto my SD Card ? I do the usual wipes and select ROM but after intiialising I get flash error message ? I then flash Atomic ver 4 and all is good again ? Am I missing something obvious here ?

can you tell me if it says (bad) in the error message ?

Guest dragonxpress

can you tell me if it says (bad) in the error message ?

Yes

Actually, funny but as soon as you asked that then I remembered I needed to copy to my original 2GB Transcend card before flashing and all is now well - strange as V4 is on the 32GB card and that flashes no problem !

Edited by dragonxpress

Guest tillaz

Yes

Actually, funny but as soon as you asked that then I remembered I needed to copy to my original 2GB Transcend card before flashing and all is now well - strange as V4 is on the 32GB card and that flashes no problem !

your 32GB card has bad sectors i think, scan it with windows and set to automatic fix

I'm still way back using one of the early versions of Atomic and loving it - it ain't broke, so I ain't fixing it. As a newbie (hence the ain't fixing part), I'm still avidly reading the forum and have seen mention of AntTek App Manager. Any views on this with regard to using it to uninstall unwanted apps on Atomic?

I could probably do without the Email program, Latitude, Maps, Media Share, Navigation. News & Weather, Places, Google Search and maybe even a few others. Would AntTek App Manager remove these from Atomic without issues, should I try another similar app or should these things be avoided all costs because more likely to mess up my nice stable phone?

@tillaz,I have ported a theme to AtomicMod,felt like a change of color.lol

And the theme looks good but I don't know what xml changes clock color and atomicmod at bottom of statusbar.

Would be grateful if you could point me in right direction.

Guest tillaz

@tillaz,I have ported a theme to AtomicMod,felt like a change of color.lol

And the theme looks good but I don't know what xml changes clock color and atomicmod at bottom of statusbar.

Would be grateful if you could point me in right direction.

to change the colour of time and date decompile systemUI and open res/ layout/ status_bar.xml

look for android:textColor= (there are two, top & bottom)

to change the atomicmod lable go to res/ layout/ status_bar_tracking.xml

look for android:textColor=