[CLOSED 29-05-12]

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

iv been trying to use the compact carrier label style of view for the notification bar but cant seem to get the carrier label on the same line as ongoing etc, so iv when for the ICS layout instead (this could still change though)

ignore the mess of this its just to show the carrier label layout change

post-913969-0-15292300-1333565845_thumb.

Guest razzmataz1478

iv been trying to use the compact carrier label style of view for the notification bar but cant seem to get the carrier label on the same line as ongoing etc, so iv when for the ICS layout instead (this could still change though)

ignore the mess of this its just to show the carrier label layout change

post-913969-0-15292300-1333565845_thumb.

Is that wallpaper meant to say 'powerd' or is it purposely?

Guest Sidecar_jon

odd "porblem" i flashed the miui rom, just to have a look. Very nice it looks to but i soon restored the backup of this rom,as i need a stable rom,as sometimes people ring me! However now everything works,but the battery bar etc at the top has disapeared,no amount of switching it on in settings or reboots have so far made it work. ....am i missing something obiouse?

Guest JoHeet

OK, iv managed to re-write the layout for compact carrier label... not sure witch one to use now this or ICS layout huh.gif

Hi, if you want my opinion, this one looks very good mate.

Keep on going with this brilliant work :)

JoHeet

Guest cryoglobe

Hello guys

I was still using R4 ( with link2sd and a 2nd partition of 500Mb )

As I got issues with the GPS ( not working anymore : instable signal , find my position for a second or two , and lost it again for ages , etc ) , I decided to move to R13

But .. this R13 did not solved my GPS problem !

On top of this , It was really a hard work to restore my apps ( it's still not finished ! ) ... because of the restore using Titanium backup pro ... start with one or more apps and then stays stuck for never moving again .. I also tried to restore my apps from the nand backup taken with clockworkmod ... but Titanium stay stuck as well.

I had to re-install from the market ... one by one ... :( not really nice

So the questions are :

1 - anybody has an idea to fix my GPS issue .. it's not the good time for me to be without GPS , I have to spend a week of holiday in France , next week .. I'm from Belgium ) ... and I would like to be able to use my sygic gps navigation software I bought.

2 - anybody had the same issues with Titanium Backup ?

Thanks for your answers

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest razzmataz1478

Hello guys

As I got issues with the GPS ( not working anymore : instable signal , find my position for a second or two , and lost it again for ages , etc ) , I decided to move to R13

On top of this , It was really a hard work to restore my apps ( it's still not finished ! ) ... because of the restore using Titanium backup pro ... start with one or more apps and then stays stuck for never moving again .. I also tried to restore my apps from the nand backup taken with clockworkmod ... but Titanium stay stuck as well.

I had to re-install from the market ... one by one ... :( not really nice

So the questions are :

1 - anybody has an idea to fix my GPS issue .. it's not the good time for me to be without GPS , I have to spend a week of holiday in France , next week .. I'm from Belgium ) ... and I would like to be able to use my sygic gps navigation software I bought.

2 - anybody had the same issues with Titanium Backup ?

Thanks for your answers

Easy way to get all your apps back is to make q nand of a rom with all your apps on the ext partition, advanced restore the ext partition to your new rom then mount in link2sd and reboot should be done ...

Guest cryoglobe

Hello razz

"q nand of a rom with all your apps on the ext partition" ... ok .. but how ..??

I always get some error message that SD-ext is not supported and skipped / not backup when I do a backup via Clockworkmod.

Thanks

Guest tillaz

ok, i really dont like any of the status bar layouts i made so far, so im going to try and get it like this below, inspired by my old iphone 4

please take note this is only concept art that iv put together and has not yet been done

so ignore the colours not matching and misaligned text

(this is an example of how it will hopefully look)

post-913969-0-97127800-1333654395_thumb.

Guest razzmataz1478

ok, i really dont like any of the status bar layouts i made so far, so im going to try and get it like this blow, inspired by my old iphone 4

please take note this is only concept art that iv put together and has not yet been done

Is it possible to put network in status bar as well?

Guest razzmataz1478

Hello razz

"q nand of a rom with all your apps on the ext partition" ... ok .. but how ..??

I aalways get some error message that SD-ext is not supported and skipped / not backup when I do a backup via Clockworkmod.

Thanks

Format the ext partition in clockwork mod under the advanced menu, this should change the format, you won't be able to restore the apps you had before but it should be good for the future

Guest cryoglobe

Format the ext partition in clockwork mod under the advanced menu, this should change the format, you won't be able to restore the apps you had before but it should be good for the future

I never tried this way ... I always used "mini tool" on my windows laptop .. to prepare the SD .. or from link2sd used the option to "clean" the 2nd partition.

Even now .. I'm still having issues to recover my R4 with the link to the 2nd apps .. as link2sd always gives an error when recreating the mount scripts .. " mount : invalid argument "

If this work , with a format from clockworkmod . ( and the advance restore ) . then It will really bring 500% more confort to move from a release to another :)

Guest tillaz

ok, i really dont like any of the status bar layouts i made so far, so im going to try and get it like this below, inspired by my old iphone 4

well, it seems android has a shity way of handling the status bar icons... you can move them, but if you do you move them ALL

i have centre status bar and date done, not sure where to go with this now as it looks a bit odd laugh.gif

post-913969-0-64634400-1333671618_thumb. post-913969-0-53821300-1333671621_thumb.

Guest tillaz

i'm also having trouble using the new battery mod i'm making huh.gif

post-913969-0-57215000-1333671846_thumb.

post-913969-0-73563200-1333671885_thumb.

will try changing the battery.xml to allow a bigger image to be drawn

its staring to look better, but its still a bit messy... will clean it all up tomorrow biggrin.gif

post-913969-0-42151500-1333675335_thumb.

Cannot wait to try this one out tillaz,looks amazing :D

Edited by Guest

Guest cryoglobe

Hello guys

So the questions are :

anybody has an idea to fix my GPS issue .. it's not the good time for me to be without GPS , I have to spend a week of holiday in France , next week .. I'm from Belgium ) ... and I would like to be able to use my sygic gps navigation software I bought.

Thanks for your answers

Hello guys

Anybody with a clever idea to solve my GPS problem ? how can I be sure it's not a hardware failure ?

@Tillaz,

Hi m8 I followed your advice to change atomic colours.I decompiled systemui.apk and edited color in statusbar.xml and statusbar_tracking.xml but there is still blue writting ?

I am making a theme based on onyx cm7 theme,love that simple kind of theme.

I guess I could change that in UOT that bit.

Edit: think I got it......statusbar_expanded.xml right ?

Edit: yep thats it :D

post-796032-0-49378500-1333725667_thumb.

post-796032-0-26212100-1333727428_thumb.

Edited by Guest