[CLOSED 29-05-12]

Guest tillaz

Guest danz0l

Everything looking great on the status bar and new build (cant wait). One thing i'm concerned with though is the battery indicator being a bar and not numbers as I prefer the latter for easy checking of the battery. Will it stay that way ?

Thanks again for your hard work, its so appreciated. Cheers mate.

Oh and a suggestion. Ditch the carrier on the left as it just interferes with notifications and looks messy.

Edited by danz0l

Guest tillaz

Oh and a suggestion. Ditch the carrier on the left as it just interferes with notifications and looks messy.

That's the last one or two bugs I have to fix, if I can't get round the over laping it will be moved to same place as stock ICS, ether way they will be addons for alternivive layouts

That's the last one or two bugs I have to fix, if I can't get round the over laping it will be moved to same place as stock ICS, ether way they will be addons for alternivive layouts

Will you be adding full Dolby to atomic now it is possible to have it on 2.3.5 ?

Or is it not possible as H3ROS upgraded stock orange rom and atomic is the generic 2.3.5 ?

Edited by Guest

H3ROS's rom is not based on orange stock just to avoid confusion. It's generic 2.3.5 with dolby ported from orange's 2.3.4. The same applies to skatie.

H3ROS's rom is not based on orange stock just to avoid confusion. It's generic 2.3.5 with dolby ported from orange's 2.3.4. The same applies to skatie.

Oh I see.So its possible to get full Dolby with settings for Dolby on Atomic too ?

Guest tillaz

Oh I see.So its possible to get full Dolby with settings for Dolby on Atomic too ?

Yes, but my main priority for now is making atomic look exactly like ics, seems silly to have to roms which are exactly the same apart from Dolby... so I'm totally changing atomic plus adding a couple of new features,

Guest H3ROS

Dolby on Atomic in it's current form won't work. The reason is Atomic is 2.3.4 with parts of 2.3.5 added over the top, that's why it's bin and lib files don't match up with SKatie or AtomICS. The second you add in one of the required files to get Dolby Atomic won't make it past the Android logo, and then with a bit of tweaking the furthest I got it was the android boot text which would bootloop over and over. At this point I'd given up trying to hack it together and instead created a ROM based off generic 2.3.5 with the Dolby patch I already had working for it (as I'd been helping C3C0). It didn't take me long to add in the SKatie tweaks and AtomicMod tweaks, but then I had the mission of updating the AtomicMod theme which needed all of it's ID's to be reworked. Settings needed to be modified, images changed, apk's signed and then I still had to do extra stuff like deodexing the original Skate apk's so that I could get at the code required to get full Dolby audio with settings.

It'd be quicker to port the new AtomicMod theme to AtomICS then it would to get Dolby on AtomicMod :blink:

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

Dolby on Atomic in it's current form won't work. The reason is Atomic is 2.3.4 with parts of 2.3.5 added over the top, that's why it's bin and lib files don't match up with SKatie or AtomICS. The second you add in one of the required files to get Dolby Atomic won't make it past the Android logo, and then with a bit of tweaking the furthest I got it was the android boot text which would bootloop over and over. At this point I'd given up trying to hack it together and instead created a ROM based off generic 2.3.5 with the Dolby patch I already had working for it (as I'd been helping C3C0). It didn't take me long to add in the SKatie tweaks and AtomicMod tweaks, but then I had the mission of updating the AtomicMod theme which needed all of it's ID's to be reworked. Settings needed to be modified, images changed, apk's signed and then I still had to do extra stuff like deodexing the original Skate apk's so that I could get at the code required to get full Dolby audio with settings.

It'd be quicker to port the new AtomicMod theme to AtomICS then it would to get Dolby on AtomicMod :blink:

the new version might be based on stock 2.3.7, also if you are just copying whole smali files when porting stuff you will have problems, if you just add the required code it should work

Guest H3ROS

I didn't copy entire smali files is the thing though. Remember I had Dolby working and applied the code in the required areas exactly as it should be, but AtomicMod didn't match up which it should of done if it was really Android 2.3.5. Instead I found a lot of 2.3.4 code with parts of 2.3.5 and refferences to a Nexus S 4G ROM / HTC device (Thunderbolt if I remember correctly).

For Android 2.3.7 a quick test to see if it's going to work is to take libandroid_runtime.so from a Dolby ROM and apply it to it. If it doesn't boot then you can't have Dolby without a lot of modding.

Update:

Without libandroid_runtime.so you can have Dolby enabled but you can't ever disable it. I'm not sure if Dolby settings would work either. That'd be what I gave you before, partial Dolby.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

I didn't copy entire smali files is the thing though. Remember I had Dolby working and applied the code in the required areas exactly as it should be, but AtomicMod didn't match up which it should of done if it was really Android 2.3.5. Instead I found a lot of 2.3.4 code with parts of 2.3.5 and refferences to a Nexus S 4G ROM / HTC device (Thunderbolt if I remember correctly).

For Android 2.3.7 a quick test to see if it's going to work is to take libandroid_runtime.so from a Dolby ROM and apply it to it. If it doesn't boot you can't have Dolby without a lot of modding.

i'm not really bothered about Dolby, to be honest i prefer the equalizer i can have it louder than Dolby and customize the sound better, Dolby for android is just the same kind of thing in my opinion, an equalizer... anyway my main interest at the moment is t mobile them chooser.

i always wondered where this thing originated from ? guessing by the name, a stock t mobile ROM and to be honest anything cm7 has stock roms can also have..

im going to be looking a what it is that people say is close to impossible to port... i think it just needs adapted to match the framework its used with

Guest H3ROS

I've no idea where that originates from, but I'd think you could look at the CM7 source or compile parts of it and then retrieve smali from it. I don't agree with them who say it's impossible, but that'd be a heck of a lot of work :blink:

Guest Redstarr1

I've no idea where that originates from, but I'd think you could look at the CM7 source or compile parts of it and then retrieve smali from it. I don't agree with them who say it's impossible, but that'd be a heck of a lot of work :blink:

Apparentely, T-Mobile designed it at first but it got picked up by CM. I agree that theme chooser is a way better addition to a rom than Dolby. Did some looking up and I'm really looking forward to the possibilities. Dolby doesn't come preinstalled on Belgian Skates (we did get a pretty good navigation app that's basically Navigon for Benelux, but I had no problems getting that on Atomic), so the fuss about it eludes me. If it just makes stuff louder, than I think it already goes loud enough, with my headphones on I never put it higher than 60%. But until the new Atomic arrives, I'll check out H3ROS's rom in a few days to see what the fuss with Dolby is about. How many people have asked to have it in the rom by now :s.

Guest H3ROS

I too would like the theme engine but I know it's a huge task.

Previously a lot of people were complaining about how low the audio was on non-stock ROM's so activating the Dolby feature addresses that problem. Its louder but also clearer.

I remember in my blade days there was a lot of talk of porting theme Chooser.Many where saying how impossible it is to do,but I never heard of or saw any attempt to actually do it.

Sounds like a rumor began and spread,putting off all those that thought of doing it.

I say go for it tillaz,but I expect you may need quite a bit of help.Maybe you and H3ROS could team up on it.

Edited by Guest

Guest tillaz

I remember in my blade days there was a lot of talk of porting theme Chooser.Many where saying how impossible it is to do,but I never heard of or saw any attempt to actually do it.

Sounds like a rumor began and spread,putting off all those that thought of doing it.

I say go for it tillaz,but I expect you may need quite a bit of help.Maybe you and H3ROS could team up on it.

once i finish the ics settings layout i'm going to have a look..

why android has not got something like this this as standard really amazes me.... my old Sony Ericsson phone could set themes and stuff blink.gif

once i finish the ics settings layout i'm going to have a look..

why android has not got something like this this as standard really amazes me.... my old Sony Ericsson phone could set themes and stuff blink.gif

I had a Samsung(not android) and even that could set themes and also create themes on the device!

@Tillaz,I was just looking at your R14 screens,and thought I would show you what battery I am using as you seem to be going for a battery change and might like this one.

post-796032-0-46149500-1333932478_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Guest tillaz

really loving the way this is turning out... smile.gif

the new release will be based on full 2.3.5 source or 2.3.7 <--- still waiting for more info on that

(and, if i ever get the framework to fully deodex unsure.gif)