Yet another cm7.2 rom

Guest didije

Guest desalesouche

mp4 video play back is very smooth. and audio is the strongest i have heard i think

youtube hi/lo quality ok

i don't know why but this cm7 rom has something more i like.:)

Edited by desalesouche

Guest didije

mp4 video play back is very smooth. and audio is the strongest i have heard i think

youtube hi/lo quality ok

i don't know why but this cm7 rom has something more i like.:)

It really is nice. There are issues, but I think it can be resolved (keypad lights, camera taking pictures, and wifi and signal status bar icons not turning green when connected - those are the ones I spotted).

Guest desalesouche

Camera switching hack: (thanks dr.flo) is working

i can see 4 files in system/usr/keylayout

1/avrcp file is different from the one of cm7.2-pier11

2/h2w_headset 3/ideos-keypad 4/qwerty which is also different from wm7.2 pier11

2 an 3 are not in cm7.2

edit: if you replace qwerty.kl from cm7.2 pier11= no key work

edit2: in system/etc from cm7.2-pier11= sysctl file is empty as in cm7.2-sanek001 in sytem/etc/sysctl=

vm.dirty_ratio = 90

vm.dirty_background_ratio = 70

vm.vfs_cache_pressure = 5

vm.oom_kill_allocating_task = 1

vm.min_free_kbytes = 4096

what is this? what is supposed to do? thx

edit3: iwmulticall in system/xbin what is supposed to do?

Edited by desalesouche

Guest didije

Camera switching hack: (thanks dr.flo) is working

i can see 4 files in system/usr/keylayout

1/avrcp file is different from the one of cm7.2-pier11

2/h2w_headset 3/ideos-keypad 4/qwerty which is also different from wm7.2 pier11

2 an 3 are not in cm7.2

edit: if you replace qwerty.kl from cm7.2 pier11= no key work

edit2: in system/etc from cm7.2-pier11= sysctl file is empty as in cm7.2-sanek001 in sytem/etc/sysctl=

vm.dirty_ratio = 90

vm.dirty_background_ratio = 70

vm.vfs_cache_pressure = 5

vm.oom_kill_allocating_task = 1

vm.min_free_kbytes = 4096

what is this? what is supposed to do? thx

edit3: iwmulticall in system/xbin what is supposed to do?

iwmulticall is for wifi tether and the other vm ones are virtual memory management tweaks. I haven't done those tweaks, so I don't know if they make any difference.

Guest desalesouche

iwmulticall is for wifi tether and the other vm ones are virtual memory management tweaks. I haven't done those tweaks, so I don't know if they make any difference.

does that mean that that file allow to have wifi tethering if you add it in system/xbin? thx for information :) Edited by desalesouche

Guest didije

does that mean that that file allow to have wifi tethering if you add it in system/xbin? thx for information :)

Unfortunately no. I believe it's a kernel feature and our kernel does not support wifi tethering as far as I know.

Guest didije

Ok. So I narrowed down camera issue. It has sth to do with auto-focus. I installed an older version of camea zoom fx which has an option to turn off completely auto-focus and I was able to take pictures without issues. But as soon as I enable auto-focus I cannot take any pictures.

Regarding keypad lights, I believe that this rom has the same issue as stock froyo from pier. So I don't think that there is an easy workaround for that one..

Edited by didije

Guest desalesouche

Ok. So I narrowed down camera issue. It has sth to do with auto-focus. I installed an older version of camea zoom fx which has an option to turn off completely auto-focus and I was able to take pictures without issues. But as soon as I enable auto-focus I cannot take any pictures.

Regarding keypad lights, I believe that this rom has the same issue as stock froyo from pier. So I don't think that there is an easy workaround for that one..

please can you upload that old version camera zoom or tell which version it is.thx

Guest Smikeyy

Firstly great job very fast room and runs smoothly on the U8220 a issue as mentioned on here is the problematic cam issue, also a new small issue has arisen you cannot delete widgets of the home screen once you press and hold the widget a white bin symbol shows at the bottom of the screen once moved over the bin it don't delete.

Compile Minimalistic gapps on the rom since its not a big resource.

:)

Guest didije

Firstly great job very fast room and runs smoothly on the U8220 a issue as mentioned on here is the problematic cam issue, also a new small issue has arisen you cannot delete widgets of the home screen once you press and hold the widget a white bin symbol shows at the bottom of the screen once moved over the bin it don't delete.

Compile Minimalistic gapps on the rom since its not a big resource.

:)

It is a launcher issue, there are no problems with adw or golauncherex. I put that one because it's only 400kb. Just replace it.

If you want full gapps, you have to resize the rom. You can delete some ringtones and save 2mb, on fonts I saved 4mb, and Latinime.apk in this rom is 11mb vs. peir rom's 4mb so I used pier's and save 7mb. Minimalistic gapps are dr. flo's idea. And very good one. Market is the only thing I really need, and if I am going to need sth else at one point, I can just install it from market. This is not my rom. This is everybody's rom and one should customize it per one's own needs.

Edit: I thought about compiling everything into one zip, but this way people can chose what to install. There are people who don't use gapps at all..

Regards

Edited by didije

Guest Dante2070

I just installed this rom and I like it very much so far. It's incredibly smooth, especially for 7.2. There is a serious problem tho. After trying to install apps from google play (market) I noticed that a whole lot of apps cannot not be found. I checked the market via my desktop browser and there the apps in question are shown. (Samba filesharing, ap2sdgui, scratchpad, the torch, atimer...). These apps are available for all cm release since CyanogenMod 6. Could it be that there is just something wrong with the supplied gapps?

EDIT: The problem seems to be that the phone now identifies itself as U8500. Is there a way to make it U8220 (or any other phone)?

EDIT 2: I tried changing it in build.prop. When going to "about phone" it says now U8220, but the phone still does not show up as a supported device in the market. I checked the supported phone of google market (play) and the U8500 is listed. So it seems the problem is somewhere else.

Edited by Dante2070

Guest Smikeyy

It would be awesome if somone could update me on the camera issue fix if this is fixed it will be the perfect rom. I'm a newbie on customizing roms so I could do with a fe little tips on how to customize the rom some one told me to go and make it in a prigramme in kitchen

Guest Dante2070

It would be awesome if somone could update me on the camera issue fix if this is fixed it will be the perfect rom. I'm a newbie on customizing roms so I could do with a fe little tips on how to customize the rom some one told me to go and make it in a prigramme in kitchen

The issue is fixed by getting camera fx. It takes photos like a pro.

Guest Smikeyy

I have got the cam working in this ROM it takes pictures and records video (Currently working on the back cam switch) all I need to know is how do I change the default wallpaper and add a selection of wallpapers too choose from and how do I app default apps to main screen when on first boot up help would be greatly appreciated

Edited by Smikeyy

Guest Smikeyy

The cam fix is a little bit glitch I pulled the fix from the cam fixed CM rom on here by piers11 but at boot up there seems to be a green still image on the pulse and then disappears back to the launcher can take pictures fine but when you go into video recording mode it gitches and freezes up and force closes when you try and reopen the cam app it come up with a error message saying it cannot detect the cam.

Phone seems glitchy after trying to record a video.

Guest pier11

...all I need to know is how do I change the default wallpaper...

it is in /system/framework/framework-res.apk

/res/drawable/default_wallpaper.jpg

Guest Kareem Vampire

Wifi and signal icons dont change to green because of missing of google apps as there's no sync. if you install the normal google apps it will turn into green the wifi and signal icons turn into green when youre connected to google and you cant connect if you dont have google apps....

Guest rajoni

Everything is working in rom from first post when you do this: Resize the rom, replace zeam with adw, install gapps from pier's cm7.2 (I just removed market with play store so it wouldn't auto update), icons are turning green. For cam, use default to take video and attached camera zoom fx to take pics, it works like a charm. Gps, take attached zip fix and rename the file gps.u8220.so into gps.u8500.so since in build.prop the phone identify itself as u8500. Lights I don't know how to crack in mod from first post. Tried taking settings.apk like suggested but that didn't work. Who needs them anyways? The only thing that is left to fix is the correct mac address, and that is a problem in every one of our cm7 roms. I tried my best to recompile libhardware_legacy.so to try to add softmac solution but I was unsuccessful. Just hope that dr. flo who already did it for cm6 will find the time to do it for cm7.

Edited by rajoni

Guest Dante2070

...and rename the file gps.u8220.so into gps.u8500.so since in build.prop the phone identify itself as u8500.

Thanks! Not only is it working now, I am certain that the satellite lock is a lot faster than on other roms.

I wonder if it's possible to rename everything related to U8220 in future releases. I also recommend using quickpic instead of gallery. It not only handles pictures well, but also plays video and lets you manage wallpapers with scrolling and stuff.