please delete

Guest the_crevis

Guest the_crevis

Instead of getting everyone excited please just post on the day you're going to upload it

I thought that I was going to be able to upload it on the day I posted it, but then I encountered unforeseen problems. Maybe if you spent less time chastising people that contribute to the android community for free, in their own time, and are trying their best (i.e me), you could port this ROM yourself and then you wouldn't have to complain.

Guest flshg

I thought that I was going to be able to upload it on the day I posted it, but then I encountered unforeseen problems. Maybe if you spent less time chastising people that contribute to the android community for free, in their own time, and are trying their best (i.e me), you could port this ROM yourself and then you wouldn't have to complain.

Dude, get off the forums and get revising for your 3 exams :)

Guest the_crevis

Right, well the news is, the microphone on calls isn't working. To fix it the phone.apk needs to be decompiled and under res/values/bools.xml send_mic_mute_to_AudioManager needs to be changed to true. I've done that all fine, but i get errors when i compile again which i cant seem to rectify. If i do get it to compile, for some reason the resulting apk is about halved in size.

Here's the phone.apk: http://www.mediafire...q674yfvaph3y3gb if anybody manages to fix it, i can release the ROM, sorry for posting this thread before I was ready, it's a mistake i've learnt from.

Thanks,

Ben.

Edited by the_crevis

Guest brookergray

What's the error you've got?

Is it something about plurals or incorrect resource identifiers?

Try apktool 1.4.1 or updating aapt respectively.

If it's none of the above I can look at it tomorrow morning (Cet).

Guest flshg

Right, well the news is, the microphone on calls isn't working. To fix it the phone.apk needs to be decompiled and under res/values/bools.xml send_mic_mute_to_AudioManager needs to be changed to true. I've done that all fine, but i get errors when i compile again which i cant seem to rectify. If i do get it to compile, for some reason the resulting apk is about halved in size.

Here's the phone.apk: http://www.mediafire...q674yfvaph3y3gb if anybody manages to fix it, i can release the ROM, sorry for posting this thread before I was ready, it's a mistake i've learnt from.

Thanks,

Ben.

I think I've managed to get it to compile correctly. It was an issue with the "%" symbol appearing in some of the strings. Substituting it for a Ùª symbol seems to have solved it. Had to lose the values-w360dp folder, but I imagine it shouldnt be needed for blades?

The file is ok at half the size because the original apk did not compress the resources.arsc.

http://www.mediafire.com/?szz1ikki67den0c

Guest the_crevis

Sadly your apk didnt work i'm getting no service - the same as when i managed to compile it, I think it needs the resources.arsc not to be compressed for some reason, any idea how to not compress the edited resources.asrc?

Guest flshg

Sadly your apk didnt work i'm getting no service - the same as when i managed to compile it, I think it needs the resources.arsc not to be compressed for some reason, any idea how to not compress the edited resources.asrc?

There's probably some archiver that allows for manual selection of compression for individual files, but I can't imagine why what would make a difference. Are you getting any error messages in logcat?

Guest the_crevis

Yeah the app worked prior to editing, I got perfect signal :S. Thanks for trying but it still isn't working, I tried it unsigned, signed, and with the original phone.apk's META-INF folder (signature). Each time I got no service, and when I tried to dial out the contacts.apk force closed with this logcat message:

E/AndroidRuntime( 1065): android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: No Activity found to handle Intent { act=android.intent.action.CALL dat=tel:xxxx }

It looks like the phone.apk isn't even installing, its all very strange :S

Guest flshg

perhaps try to get a logcat when the rom is booting and finding what the system doesn't like about the edited phone.apk

another idea, probably a longshot, is to install the ics framework for apktool, command is something like "apktool if framework-res.apk", then decompile orig phone.apk, edit, recompile.

Guest Davidoff59

From the DX moderator on xda.

He said no more updates for gingerbread as they are working on ics. That was the bad and the good news he gave so yes its for the blade