Auto-LiMPoT -- A tool for automatic MIUI porting

Guest Master_T

Guest Master_T

I've decided to try for the fun and... this MIUI rom is a great, great rom ! Probably one of the best i've tried !

That's nice to hear, but one thing confuses me.

You said after installing java you managed to make Auto-LiMPoT work... so why didn't you just build this very rom yourself with the tool? What I mean is: I made this tool so that people wouldn't be constantly waiting for others to make ports and upload them, if I start uploading the roms myself it kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

An to be clear: I'm not attacking you, I'm just trying to understand how people think... everyone is always asking for the latest MIUI version, but now that it can be built automatically people still wait for someone to upload roms for them. Is it that the tool doesn't work for you too? Some other reason?? If it doesn't work, let's get together and find out how to fix it, but I need some input on your (I mean everyone that uses the program, not you in particular) part.

Guest Lens_flare

wow, I thought it is impossible to automate :D

anyway, if something goes wrong, you could always see a log and quickfix rom you are trying to boot.

hi i tried you port and it working perfectly and its i gess the most smoth miui i tested !

that's what I call LF magic bro :D

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest youpi666

That's nice to hear, but one thing confuses me.

You said after installing java you managed to make Auto-LiMPoT work... so why didn't you just build this very rom yourself with the tool? What I mean is: I made this tool so that people wouldn't be constantly waiting for others to make ports and upload them, if I start uploading the roms myself it kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

An to be clear: I'm not attacking you, I'm just trying to understand how people think... everyone is always asking for the latest MIUI version, but now that it can be built automatically people still wait for someone to upload roms for them. Is it that the tool doesn't work for you too? Some other reason?? If it doesn't work, let's get together and find out how to fix it, but I need some input on your (I mean everyone that uses the program, not you in particular) part.

Easy answer : the time my friend, the time ! :)

Last time, after the java problem, i've tried to made my rom, from the phoenix stable version. It doesn't work. I've had no time to do more so i rest with my 2.3.7c.

Today, i've got some time, so i try your rom.

And just now, with this wonderful rom, i'll try to make a 2.4.6

;)

Guest Master_T

Could we use only N1 rom for port or desire rom could work too ?

(Because i don't find new N1 GB version since N1 have MIUI ics).

only N1

But if they don't release N1 rom it means the new version only introduces fixes for other devices that do not make any differences on N1, so there would probably be no difference between my 2.3.30 and a supposed 2.4.6 if it existed.

PS: yes the tool is designed to use roms by either Lens, iKrautDroid or me as base. Phoenix is untested and probably not working.

Edited by Master_T

Guest egguibs

hello i tried to compare the 2 os with win merge it seems to have 3 differents files the torsh and fm that i ve forgotten to remove and the service.jar file

Guest elixir.amrit

i have found a guide on XDA on how to port MIUIv4 to any phone>>http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1499411..i tried to combine a rom and i'm getting installation aborted error status 7..i dont know what to ..i took cm9 beta 2 as base and miuiv4 2.4.13 (nexus one rom from miui.us).can anyone help me in solving that error..its my first try to compile a rom!

Edited by elixir.amrit

Guest alboz83

Hi, i try the 2.3.23 rom but the camcorder don't work. While recording the screen is white. I would try the last rom, 2.3.30, but i need the italian language pack.

Guest siggey

Hi, i try the 2.3.23 rom but the camcorder don't work. While recording the screen is white. I would try the last rom, 2.3.30, but i need the italian language pack.

I've flashed the language pack of 2.3.23 from miui downloader app and it works.

Edited by siggey

Guest Master_T

I noticed the white screen when recording as well (on .30 also). If anyone has any clue on how to fix it, please share it and I'll re-up a fixed .30 (since it appears .30 will be the last rom for our Liquid, might as well try to have it working as good as possible).

Guest youpi666

Don't know if it's link, but camera 360 don't want to work due to a hardware problem.

Wich is the last miui rom with a full working camera ? Maybe we could take the camera lib file and try.

(as i know the phoenix one doesn't have problem but i'm pretty sure that the phoenix and the lens one are not fully compatible)

Guest Master_T

Here is a logcat of what happens when the camera starts recording, hope someone can figure out what's going wrong:

06052012183058.jpg

Guest youpi666

sorry Master_T, i've tried all i can the last week, decompile many files, compare with working on (2.3.16) and so... but no result on this :(

So i've made final optimisation with the last fully working on base the 2.3.16 :

http://www.modaco.co...cs-theme-fr-en/

Hope you enjoy it (change between 2.3.30 and 2.3.16 are very very tiny ;) )

Edited by youpi666