[ROM][ZTE Skate] AtomICS (Full Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest felystar

No deep sleep problems here. I lose maybe 1% overnight (but I turn off my internet connections, the battery would probably lose more power if you leave wifi or 3G on). Probably an app that keeps draining. Suggest you use a task killer or app monitor to see what's running.

I use Advanced Task Killer Free

Guest TouchyAndalou

Another thing you can do is use Go Launcher's inbuilt feature to close all running programs, and see what starts running again on its own. Maps will restart itself almost immediately, Gmail and similar apps will once they sync, but most other things shouldn't be running until you manually open them. I ended up removing the BBC Iplayer app, because once I had initialised it for the first time, I couldn't stop it from running constantly itself.

Guest H3ROS

Im working on fixing wifi for a few people who are effected by that and I'll be updating Link2SD and optimizing some files a little more. The lockscreen has had a minor change too, but other than that the ROM is solid as it is :) A full theme update may come in version 1.5.

Guest Andy725

Thanks i have been running this Rom for a while now and love the Dolby sound and have got the iplayer to work well on it.  I have replaced the Go Launcher with Zeam though as i like its simplicity and did not like all the Go Launcher adds. Made Zeam part of the system using Link2SD and deleted Go launcher with Titanium. Had some problems with battery life at first which was fixed by using the charge, reboot, turn of and charge again method three times then deleting the battery stats. Nice work i will keeping this Rom a while. 

Guest felystar
Thanks i have been running this Rom for a while now and love the Dolby sound and have got the iplayer to work well on it.  I have replaced the Go Launcher with Zeam though as i like its simplicity and did not like all the Go Launcher adds. Made Zeam part of the system using Link2SD and deleted Go launcher with Titanium. Had some problems with battery life at first which was fixed by using the charge, reboot, turn of and charge again method three times then deleting the battery stats. Nice work i will keeping this Rom a while. 

Can you explain what you did with tuw battery?? I dont undersrand :(

Guest Andy725

Can you explain what you did with tuw battery?? I dont undersrand :(

From my understanding sometimes changing Roms can mess about with your battery calibration it may say 100% charged when infact it can take a more charge and only really be say 80% charged. Rebooting when the green light comes on, then turning off and charging again seems to force more charge into the battery, i got about another hours charge when i did this 3 times. Once its truly at 100% deleting the battery stats recalibarates the battery, have read you should do this when the battery really is @100% . see:

http://androidadvice...-phone-battery/

Edited by Andy725

Ok thanks. I have tries to change bootanim at system/media wirh bootanimation.zip but I always get aandeois letters aany idea?

Assuming the zip is not corrupt and it is named correctly,"bootanimation.zip".

Then try changing permissions to 644 or put bootanimation in data/local.

Guest H3ROS

/system/media/ should work but the file manager doesn't always move the file to where it should. It works if I use ES File Explorer though :mellow:

Guest H3ROS

I've just released version 1.4 :) Everything should work pretty much flawlessly and even though it includes more it's actually smaller than version 1.3.

Guest felystar
I would say battery usage is about the same as it was.

What can I do to make it better? I have tries to calibrate it charging it on and then off and on again and battery wipe and charge it on again but it does not seem to be getting better :(

Guest H3ROS

Tell me a bit about your setup. What applications do you normally use, if you have WiFi or data enabled all of the time, how often you have the screen turned on for etc.

I can give you tips like don't use auto brightness. Set it as low as you can before you have problems seeing the screen. And if you're using any messaging applications such as yahoo or msn then make sure whatever you're using supports push notifications.

You can download BetterBatteryStats from XDA and check which applications are using the most battery too.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179809

Guest felystar
Tell me a bit about your setup. What applications do you normally use, if you have WiFi or data enabled all of the time, how often you have the screen turned on for etc.

I can give you tips like don't use auto brightness. Set it as low as you can before you have problems seeing the screen. And if you're using any messaging applications such as yahoo or msn then make sure whatever you're using supports push notifications.

You can download BetterBatteryStats from XDA and check which applications are using the most battery too.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1179809

I have brightness always at minium and wifi from three oclock until twelve moreless and I use whatsapp and sometimes facebook. And have a task killer but not auto killing I have the widget in my home desktop and click it when I use my phone a lot of time. I will download the app to see what is eating my battery :D

Guest felystar

Sorry for double post but TAPATALK is not lettine me to edit... I have installed the app but I dont know how to use it. I went to how to vut I dont understand about wakelocks and those starnge thing :S