[ROM][ZTE Skate] AtomICS (Full Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest unomesmo

@ Others

I could change the launcher if it's being a problem. I'm open to suggestions, but of course I can't add anything like ADWLauncher EX as that's a paid for app.

I suggest Zeam Launcher ..

Light, trouble-free, simple and free in the market. Occupies only 340kb. I always replaced the launcher of the rom before flashing for this as a way of security. Then I install the LauncherPro or any other from de market.

Each one then can install their favorite launcher. But this takes up very little in /system as a standard launcher and is nice.

PD: H3ROS, Tillaz, etc.. I think we have to ignore KonstanT and stop the troll. This child must go to school and stop tiring us.

Guest bluestation

If SKatie and AtomicMod could have a baby, this would be it.

Feature wise this ROM does most of what AtomicMod and SKatie can do, but it has full Dolby audio. And when I say full Dolby audio I mean it has all the options there that the stock Skate/OMC ROM does, which is more than other ROM's such as LogicMod.

So to be clear, this ROM looks identical to AtomicMod but AtoimcMod uses a fair bit of the Android 2.3.4 source which I've fully upgraded to 2.3.5. This is why I couldn't release a Dolby Audio patch for AtomicMod. It's not a simple copy and paste of some files, I've literally spent days porting both code and the AtomicMod theme.

Screenshots:

post-954400-0-39052500-1333817241_thumb. post-954400-0-00178200-1333817420_thumb. post-954400-0-18506900-1333817264_thumb.

• Tillaz for creating an ICS type theme and giving me some Dolby audio suggestions.
  • C3C0 for helping me a little with Dolby audio and providing me with his Ceco S2 kernel.
  • Everyone who contributes to android and shares code. There's too many to name but you know who you are.

Notes:

• BBC iPlayer works with this ROM.
    • Optimization's from both SKatie and AtomicMod have been applied.
    • This ROM can fit on a 150MB system partition with 2MB cache. I've only just squeezed everything in!
    • To access Dolby settings press the options button in either the video player or the music player.
    • Some things from AtomicMod have been removed and some things added e.g. Car Mode and Superuser.

Changelog:

[*]v1.0 - Initial release[*]v1.1 - Stopped the camera from force closing when being used by other applications e.g. Instagram.[*]v1.2 - Fixed a bug that would cause the video player to force close when toggling Dolby.

Download:

Version 1.2 - http://www.fileswap....S_v1.2.zip.html

what is i didn't wipe the user data when flash? by the way ,what i use is LogicMod now!!

Guest H3ROS

The ROM does the wipes for you before you install it. I still recommend doing the wipes though, just so you can be 100% sure that everythings cleaned up.

Guest H3ROS

See what I mean people? Reported. I hope you get banned for trolling.

You insult every other developer in the Skate section, every post you've made here has never been positive and you're the most greedy and childish of all the developers that I've ever come across.

You twist words and ignore things, almost deliberately. How many times have I told you already that I sourced from AtomicMod? You damn well know that too, unyet here you are complaining about it like I owe you something when I don't. I never said I created code for features apart from the camera which was easy to do.

You just proven everything I said is true, because here you are posting again, insulting me again, showing your lack of trust and making a mess in yet another thread. You deserve to be banned.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest TouchyAndalou

One other issue not sure is this is a web page loading issue (but never experienced it to date with other ROMs), just surfing the modaco page, it contstantly freezes (for about 5-10 secs) when scrolling.

I've noticed that as well when using the stock browser, although perhaps not quite for 5-10 seconds. It usually responds again a bit quicker than that. Opera, on the other hand, seems fine.

Guest unomesmo

See what I mean people? Reported. I hope you get banned for trolling.

The best thing is to shrug and ignore him. I'll reported too.. all time he is trolling..

On the other hand .. I've done wipes, I reflashed the rom and still have the wifi disconnects. Something similar I have suffered with CM7 but never with Atomic or with Logic ... I'll try another router and another wifi from a friend.

Thanks for your effort!

Guest H3ROS

The best thing is to shrug and ignore him. I'll reported too.. all time he is trolling..

On the other hand .. I've done wipes, I reflashed the rom and still have the wifi disconnects. Something similar I have suffered with CM7 but never with Atomic or with Logic ... I'll try another router and another wifi from a friend.

Thanks for your effort!

I plan to. The mods will deal with it later, and if one should read this I'd like to request that all his posts are deleted from here. I'll edit my posts too then.

I'll look into WiFi. It's hard to say the cause at this point because both Atomic and Logic heavily use parts of Android 2.3.4 so you'd have to try something like SKatie to confirm if it's the version.

Guest H3ROS

Blah blah blah.

I sourced from Atomic and you didn't create them features, other devs did which you then copied. So you seriously expect me to thank you for something I could do myself and the result would look exactly the same as what you've done? What a joke!

You continue to call me a liar and I've told you I don't have to prove a damn thing to you. There's a ton of websites out there that I could of looked at to see how the feature can be added, but you automatically think it must of come from your ROM? Get off your high horse.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1312372

http://rootzwiki.com...me/page__st__50

You know what, I'm tempted just to add more features to the camera now. What are you going to say then when there's nobody else with a source that can do what I'm thinking of? :rolleyes:

Now quit making a mess of my thread. You're just making it worse for yourself at this point.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

http://www.fileswap....Camera.zip.html

* Fixed focus button

* Totally recompiled the camera

Now who looks like an idiot? ;)

@ jikobutsu

True, and I plan to for real this time. I just had to do the one last thing by adding a focus button and recompiling it a little differently to prove just how foolish KonstaT really is to think that only he can code.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Xmas.se

Hello H3ROS

I'm using the ROM for 3 days, and the battery is much more worst than Atomic for me. For instance, Atomic I could use for 2 days, and yours, on the afternoon I have to charge my phone (same conditions of use). Is that a way to improve? Can I use the Kernel from Atomic R13 to check the difference?

And I use the language Portuguese Brazil, and when is charging, the % is on other line. Maybe something to fix on futures releases.

Thanks a lot for all the help and time from the Skate Group,

post-961082-0-96821800-1334245534_thumb.

Guest H3ROS

Hey,

I should be able to add an alternate kernel if you'd like to check. I'm thinking maybe different revisions of the hardware could be effected, that or when you switched from Atomic to AtomICS you didn't recalibrate the battery.

I can see the issue with the text which I'll fix shortly :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Xmas.se

Yes, I would like to check with an alternate kernel, if not too much trouble for you.

Or do you think I should try to reinstall, and after that, recalibrate the Battery?

Tks,

Hey,

I should be able to add an alternate kernel if you'd like to check. I'm thinking maybe different revisions of the hardware could be effected, that or when you switched from Atomic to AtomICS you didn't recalibrate the battery.

I can see the issue with the text which I'll fix shortly :)

Guest H3ROS

Does anyone actually use car mode, the stopwatch or the news and weather app? In the next version of the ROM I could do with removing some stuff to free up space and all of these seem like the most useless to me.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Sharkface

Does anyone actually use car mode, the stopwatch or the news and weather app? In the next version of the ROM I could do with removing some stuff to free up space and both of these seem like the most useless to me.

Well, certainly not me.

Guest H3ROS

I was going to remove voice search and youtube too, but that would reduce the size of the system partition to 130MB. And that's great for the people who would install a 130MB TPT, but for people who stick with a 150MB TPT or the stock TPT that then becomes a lot of wasted space as they can't access it.

Google maps would go with car mode since that takes up around 6MB. That can easily be reinstalled from the store too.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest unomesmo

I'll look into WiFi. It's hard to say the cause at this point because both Atomic and Logic heavily use parts of Android 2.3.4 so you'd have to try something like SKatie to confirm if it's the version.

OK. Tomorrow after work, I'll download and flash Skatie to try it. Thanks a lot.

Just a tip everyone might already know :)

For those who use link2sd there 2 nice features:

1) it can make app to become system app

2) if you update existing system app from play store this update normally goes into data partition and thus starts taking up user space. Link2sd is capable of "integrating" installed updates into system partition.

Guest dhoomktoo

Thanks...just an update...i reflashed the rom with 200 mb tpt and works fine...

just wondering if we can get the softkeys ( like cm9 ics ) working on this rom. i got used to them while using a ice armor and find them better than the hardware keys..

@ dhoomktoo

You could try to change the folder permissions with something like ES File Explorer, or you could use the following.

http://www.fileswap....a/WiFi.zip.html

Edit the nv_4319 file to your needs and then flash it from CWM.

Edited by dhoomktoo

Guest dibbles

Does anyone actually use car mode, the stopwatch or the news and weather app? In the next version of the ROM I could do with removing some stuff to free up space and all of these seem like the most useless to me.

Nope, none of the above.

Would the Street, Maps and Youtube be going also, as they can be downloaded if required...?