[ROM][ZTE Skate] AtomICS (Full Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Same here I don't use those apps.

I would say some users would use all them apps,some a few,the rest none.As those apps are downloadable from market.Obviously its no problem either way for the more advanced users,who would take apps from the rom to fit whatever partition they use,or add apps to the rom before flashing.Not that its an advanced task to do that,but the more noobish may not know what can be taken out before flashing,and as I have known in the past,noobs make the mistake of actually unzipping the rom to take apps out instead of opening archive with 7zip or the like.

Edited by Guest

Guest aamiel

I am using the Car Home all the time but I could install it myself as I have done for a while before this ROM.

I am a bit worried about integrating updates when there is so little place left in system. What if the GO launcher update is too big... will it just not integrate into system or will everything break?

Guest Redstarr1

Does anyone actually use car mode, the stopwatch or the news and weather app? In the next version of the ROM I could do with removing some stuff to free up space and all of these seem like the most useless to me.

I don't use them often, but I think a stopwatch app is quite essential on a phone. I could download it though, or turn it to user app and then restore it.

@C3CO:

Link2SD can't integrate every app though. My Play Store stopped working after I tried integrating the update to my system partition. I wonder if that has anything to do with only having 4MB left on my system partition (... actually that makes sense :P). Link2SD itself can't integrate itself either (well kinda figures).

Guest ajarillo

I've installed this ROM and I've found a possible bug. When the screen switch off and I switch it on, sometimes the mobile doesn't respond; and I have to press the button to switch on again, the problem is that when this happend wifi is disconnected too. I've experimented the same with CM7. The only ROM where it doesn't happen is Atomic R13.

Wifi is configured as not suspend never.

¿Do you know what is the cause and how to fix it?

Thanks

Guest Redstarr1

I've installed this ROM and I've found a possible bug. When the screen switch off and I switch it on, sometimes the mobile doesn't respond; and I have to press the button to switch on again, the problem is that when this happend wifi is disconnected too. I've experimented the same with CM7. The only ROM where it doesn't happen is Atomic R13.

Wifi is configured as not suspend never.

¿Do you know what is the cause and how to fix it?

Thanks

I've had that on AtomicMod R13 as well though..

Guest Sharkface

I was going to remove voice search and youtube too, but that would reduce the size of the system partition to 130MB. And that's great for the people who would install a 130MB TPT, but for people who stick with a 150MB TPT or the stock TPT that then becomes a lot of wasted space as they can't access it.

Google maps would go with car mode since that takes up around 6MB. That can easily be reinstalled from the store too.

Possibly an ignorant question... but, hypothetically, could the stock browser be removed and another put in it's place? (E.G. Dolphin HD). Apart from the fact it's taking up unnecessary space having multiple browsers, the stock browser always manages to eventually reset itself back as default. It's like the Internet Explorer of Android.

Guest TouchyAndalou

Possibly an ignorant question... but, hypothetically, could the stock browser be removed and another put in it's place? (E.G. Dolphin HD). Apart from the fact it's taking up unnecessary space having multiple browsers, the stock browser always manages to eventually reset itself back as default. It's like the Internet Explorer of Android.

Yes, although I'm pretty sure voice search only works with the stock browser installed if you need that.

Guest H3ROS

@ Sharkface

Removing the stock browser isn't recommended from what I've read as it can possibly break bookmarks, voice search and the store.

@ C3C0

That's a pretty cool tip as I didn't know the application had that function :)

@ dhoomktoo

I'll look into it, but I'm sure it'd require a fair bit of editing on my part.

@ ajarillo

The next version of the ROM might. I can't promise anything though.

@ Redstarr1

The stopwatch I could replace with the smaller stock stopwatch. It's not much to look at but it works.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest unomesmo

@ H3ROS (WIFI disconnects)

I've tried Skatie and I have the same problem, WIFI sttoped itself, even with the screen on, and only reconnects when I enter to the wifi settings menu.

I've reinstalled LogicMod and Atomic r13 and there is not this problem. With CM7 it disconnects too. With the latest version of Coldfusion CM9 not happen very often, but still happening. I have made full wipes.

Tomorrow I'll try another wifi network, but more people are reporting this problem, so I thinks there is some problem in the rom.

Thanks for you effort.

Edited by unomesmo

Guest H3ROS

Within the next half hour I should have version 1.3 uploaded. It won't fit on a 130MB partition unless you remove the wallpapers, but as it's smaller than 150MB it gives me enough room to expand :)

@ unomesmo

What type of a wireless setup do you have? For me its WPA2 using AES and it works flawlessly already. Anyway, I've made some modifications to the Wi-Fi, mainly Ad-Hoc related as I didn't fully port that from AtomicMod before. So if that doesn't fix your wireless then I could suggest you try a different kernel, but I can't see how that could be a problem.

Guest tillaz

@ H3ROS (WIFI disconnects)

I've tried Skatie and I have the same problem, WIFI sttoped itself, even with the screen on, and only reconnects when I enter to the wifi settings menu.

I've reinstalled LogicMod and Atomic r13 and there is not this problem. With CM7 it disconnects too. With the latest version of Coldfusion CM9 not happen very often, but still happening. I have made full wipes.

Tomorrow I'll try another wifi network, but more people are reporting this problem, so I thinks there is some problem in the rom.

Thanks for you effort.

WI-FI on logic and atomic is a bit different, its modded to support add-hoc

Guest PejotA
Within the next half hour I should have version 1.3 uploaded. It won't fit on a 130MB partition unless you remove the wallpapers, but as it's smaller than 150MB it gives me enough room to expand

Great H3ROS Awesome!

Im waiting new version ROM 1.3!

Thanks for great job!!

:D

Guest H3ROS

It's up already ;)

There's no update file this time around since I've made a fair few changes and it'd be best to start fresh. And if there's anyone that wants the "complete" ROM with everything I've removed then I could release a patch but I first need to know how many people would want it. Just keep in mind that most of the applications can be downloaded from the market and you can use Link2SD to convert them into system applications.

Guest Coffer52

Does anyone actually use car mode, the stopwatch or the news and weather app? In the next version of the ROM I could do with removing some stuff to free up space and all of these seem like the most useless to me.

I use the news and weather apk but don't bother with the other ones.

Guest Coffer52

Hey, Great ROM H3ROS, been running it for a couple of days with no issues. Do we need a full wipe for v1.3?

I see now the script does a full wipe, thanks.

Edited by Coffer52

Guest dibbles

Is the camera fix needed with the 1.3 version or is it already built in..? I am referring to the one you posted a page or two back.

Thanks for the update :)

Edited by dibbles

Guest chapelblade

Yesterday I was informed that there were 7 updates available for various apps. I downloaded them and only realised my wi-fi was not connected when I received a £5 data bill. Fortunately I am on giff-gaff at 10p per mb. I always use wi-fi and certainly did not disconnect it myself.

Also what are better - system apps or user apps. If system apps are better then wouldn't we be better off by increasing the system partition to say 200mb and converting user apps to system apps using links2sd?. I presume system apps run slightly quicker in ROM than from a SD card.

Guest H3ROS

I've added some addons to the first page for anyone who wants them.

@ Coffer52

I'd recommend it so that the permissions get sorted out and the bloat gets removed.

@ dibbles

It's an optional addon :)

@ chapelblade

The Wi-Fi issue might of been related. That or it lost it's signal at some point so switched to the mobile data instead. The good news, at least, is that I've made some Wi-Fi related changes and although I've not fully tested it it should be working the same as AtomicMod now.

As for system apps vs normal apps, either are fine. It's when you move a normal application onto your memory card that it can become slower.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest unomesmo

@H3ROS - WIFI issue

I still have the same problem of disconnection with WIFI in v1.3

Before arriving home (v1.2), I realized that when I save the mobile in my pocket, open wifis were detected and displayed the icon. An hour later when I get home, I have only my wifi wpa/wpa2, still showed open wifi icon. Upon entering the wifi settings menu, it updated automatically looking for new wifis and connects to the home wireless.

The problem is that It just keep the wifi connection if the configuration menu of wireless networks is showed.

Same results with other wifi, no apps installed and full wiped. No issue with logic or atomic... thanks again for your time.

PD: My wifi is in WPA/WPA2, AES or TKIP mode. Same problem. WEP, same problem. But with others wifi is the same. With OPEN wifis on shopping center, the same. Is like it freeze until I go in to the settings wifi menu, just push wifi setting and all works fine again.

Edited by unomesmo

Guest H3ROS

I've forgot to include the equalizer in 1.3, but it's not a problem as Dolby does a better job IMO.

@ unomesmo

When you tried with SKatie did you apply any of its updates or keep it at stock?

Currently I can't see any problems with the files, and I use Wi-Fi 24/7 myself and it's never disconnected me. For CM9 to behave the same way it makes me think that maybe it's a firmware conflict with the router and that a part of AtomcMod/LogicMod works better for you because both use parts of Android 2.3.4. Having said that, have you checked to see if there's a firmware update for your router?

Guest unomesmo

@ unomesmo

When you tried with SKatie did you apply any of its updates or keep it at stock?

Currently I can't see any problems with the files, and I use Wi-Fi 24/7 myself and it's never disconnected me. For CM9 to behave the same way it makes me think that maybe it's a firmware conflict with the router and that a part of AtomcMod/LogicMod works better for you because both use parts of Android 2.3.4. Having said that, have you checked to see if there's a firmware update for your router?

I've tried the Skatie 1.1 (http://ceco.sk.eu.or...ie_v1.1-cwm.zip)

It isn't problem of my router:

...But with others wifi is the same. With OPEN wifis on shopping center, the same. Is like it freeze until I go in to the settings wifi menu, just push wifi setting and all works fine again..

In another foro, several people had reported this problem too. (Some of them had reported here too)

I really don't understead this. May be if you say that I have to try any kernel? Which one?... different versions of hardware like as proximity sensor? ...

I had to restore my logicMod backup... but tell me what do you want that I try and I will do.

Edited by unomesmo

Guest H3ROS

The easy way to test is by trying one of these:

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/Be39Lj183W/overclock-kernel-smartass-vpn-.zip.html

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/OhAXwfKsy/overclock-kernel-stock-vpn-.zip.html

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/xd2UUb1JtZ/overclock-modded-govs.zip.html

They're direct from AtomicMod and are posted by Tillaz.

If the kernels don't make any difference then maybe you could try to logcat the issue?

Guest unomesmo

The easy way to test is by trying one of these:

http://www.fileswap....s-vpn-.zip.html

http://www.fileswap....k-vpn-.zip.html

http://www.fileswap....d-govs.zip.html

They're direct from AtomicMod and are posted by Tillaz.

If the kernels don't make any difference then maybe you could try to logcat the issue?

OK. I'll try to test the kernels.

Meanwhile, I just installed again and I'm realizing that when the mobile network data are disabled, the wireless disconnects are much less frequent. Will this have to do something about having a virtual operator (KPN Simyo)?

It could be something also of the power widget?

Tomorrow will be a new day ;)